PDA

View Full Version : Settlement Visa - previous tourist visa refused

Mindanao Mal
20th January 2011, 20:51
My wife is in the process of preparing a settlement visa application to join me here in the UK.

I saw somewhere that I should cite a previous tourist visa application that was refused to my wife (then my fiancee) in my letter of support.

Can anyone please confirm that this is necessary and recommend a good way of describing this event in the text of the letter?

Thanks in advance.

Terpe
20th January 2011, 21:07
My wife is in the process of preparing a settlement visa application to join me here in the UK.

I saw somewhere that I should site a previous tourist visa application that was refused to my wife (then my fiancee) in my letter of support.

Can anyone please confirm that this is necessary and recommend a good way of describing this event in the text of the letter?

Thanks in advance.

If any visa application form asks if a visa has ever been refused. Always answer truthfully.

If any visa application form does NOT ask about previous visas, then there is no need to state anything.
Why would you want to state something that is unecessary.

Mindanao Mal, In principle, each visa application is evaluated and judged on it's own merits. Only provide that information needed to comply with requirements. Personally, I would avoid offering too much information.

Tourist visa's are notoriously tricky anyway, and can be refused on many seemingly
ridiculous reasons.

Hope this helps

joebloggs
20th January 2011, 21:13
yes declare it, i wouldn't worry about it, it should not effect her getting a spouse visa in anyway.

ampy
4th February 2011, 19:40
in the application form they will ask about if your wife have been refused before and when ,,,just answer it honestly and it should be ok,after all she was not your wife when she got refused.you just got to sent loadss of supporting documents from the uk to be sure she ll get an entry visa to uk.hope it ll help!

Terpe
4th February 2011, 22:23
in the application form they will ask about if your wife have been refused before and when ,,,just answer it honestly and it should be ok,after all she was not your wife when she got refused.you just got to sent loadss of supporting documents from the uk to be sure she ll get an entry visa to uk.hope it ll help!

It's true , each case is reviewed on it's own merits.
Good luck and best wishes