PDA

View Full Version : indian cuisine.

aalia_12
21st January 2011, 11:48
can anybody here help me out with the indian cuisine? i am dating someone who loves it. he wanted to take me to an indian resto... i dont want to look stupid or make a faux pas...

keithAngel
21st January 2011, 12:51
Just be honest and tell him its a new experience , then let him make suggestions its part of the fun of getting to know each other:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Bluebirdjones
21st January 2011, 12:53
Depends what u like ....
Meat (Chicken/Lamb) or Veggie ?
Hot/Spicy or mild ?

Tawi2
21st January 2011, 16:36
Jump into the deep end,ask for a fahl or a bollywood burner ;)

Terpe
21st January 2011, 17:40
Just be honest and tell him its a new experience , then let him make suggestions its part of the fun of getting to know each other:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I would agree with this.
Also I would suggest you try something like a chicken korma.
It's very mild (not hot) it's creamy, made with coconut milk and has nice 'soft' tasty spices.
I think you will enjoy it very much.

Rosie1958
22nd January 2011, 10:07
Welcome to the forum Aalia. Good advice from KeithAngel.

My Filipina sister-in-law enjoys chicken tikka masala and it's a huge favourite of mine too. A "medium" dish which is a bit hotter than a korma and at one stage, despite our reputation for bland food, was considered to be the British nations most popular dish!

I hope that you enjoy your first experience of India cuisine :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
22nd January 2011, 10:12
tell the waiter its your first time and what can he recomend, or could you order small amounts of many dishes to sample but at a reduced price, if the owner is there ask for him, it usualy works and some even say if you do not like the dish they recomend its free,just enjoy

les_taxi
22nd January 2011, 10:28
Then maybe one day you can join the big boys and order a chicken vindaloo my favourite:xxgrinning--00xx3:

worthingmale
23rd January 2011, 16:04
be honest and say you have never had it before.

will make the experience so much mroe better, fun and less serious :)