Terpe
24th January 2011, 21:33
That's cool :)

Tawi2
24th January 2011, 21:35
I will keep an eye open :)

Sim11UK
25th January 2011, 00:27
Nice :xxgrinning--00xx3:...Would love to see a Jeepney in London, or anywhere in the UK. :)

Dedworth
25th January 2011, 00:36
Nice :xxgrinning--00xx3:...Would love to see a Jeepney in London, or anywhere in the UK. :)

Sadly I doubt it as would never comply with the Eurocrats emissions rules

Sim11UK
25th January 2011, 00:42
Sadly I doubt it as would never comply with the Eurocrats emissions rules

Plus bald tyres, dodgy or no lights, excessive use of the horn etc. etc. :D

Dedworth
25th January 2011, 00:44

It's probably OK in Romania though :D

alanp
25th January 2011, 07:07
hay take a london bus to Manila just think how much you could earn. might upset the jeppney drivers though

Sim11UK
25th January 2011, 08:07
hay take a london bus to Manila just think how much you could earn. might upset the jeppney drivers though

Yes, an old Routemaster bus...Ding! ding! more room on top! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

malditako
25th January 2011, 08:15

rusty, tail pipe smoke and wreckless drivers lollll...but hey am missing a nice jolly jeepney ride :)

Sim11UK
25th January 2011, 08:24
rusty, tail pipe smoke and wreckless drivers lollll...but hey am missing a nice jolly jeepney ride :)

Me too I love them & love riding them...So colourful & individual. :)

KeithD
25th January 2011, 10:39
Me too I love them & love riding them...So colourful & individual. :)

...and a security risk ... the majority of thefts we get on this forum are in jeepneys.

raynaputi
25th January 2011, 12:02
...and a security risk ... the majority of thefts we get on this forum are in jeepneys.

that's why I rarely ride a jeep..:NoNo:

Sim11UK
25th January 2011, 12:21

Can't say I've had a problem, not to say you shouldn't be careful though. :xxgrinning--00xx3:..Never ridden them in Manila, as never needed to & don't like those chrome ones they have there. :NoNo:

Worst Jeepney experience, was when someone threw doggy poo...a couple of girls got it in their hair, but luckily it missed us. :crazy:

laurel
26th January 2011, 07:21
Yes, an old Routemaster bus...Ding! ding! more room on top!

Hey Sim, Plenty more room on top............................on the OUTSIDE:)

Sim11UK
26th January 2011, 07:41
Hey Sim, Plenty more room on top............................on the OUTSIDE:)

Haha! Yes I can imagine that :icon_lol: :xxgrinning--00xx3::Wave:

Englishman2010
26th January 2011, 09:19
Great photo Grace:xxgrinning--00xx3: It's nice to see some advertising to promote the Phil's in the UK. I'd love more people from the UK to be aware of the Phil's as a tourist destination, but then again I wouldn't:Erm: I don't really want it to become another Thailand full of British package tourists, and gangs of drunken lads in their Union Flag shorts and England football shirts:NoNo:

Maybe it's best if we keep the Philippines a secret:)

KeithD
26th January 2011, 09:56
According to official Phil tourism stats, 4500 people from the UK visitied in 2010!!! Half must have been from the forum :icon_lol:

The number seems a bit low, and we know how good the Phil is for keeping stats.... official road deaths are about 1 a year :rolleyes:

Englishman2010
26th January 2011, 11:25
4500 from the Uk in 2010, hmmm, I was 4 of those entries, I wonder how many others entered the Phil's multiple times last year?

malditako
27th January 2011, 08:47
Great photo Grace:xxgrinning--00xx3: It's nice to see some advertising to promote the Phil's in the UK. I'd love more people from the UK to be aware of the Phil's as a tourist destination, but then again I wouldn't:Erm: I don't really want it to become another Thailand full of British package tourists, and gangs of drunken lads in their Union Flag shorts and England football shirts:NoNo:

Maybe it's best if we keep the Philippines a secret:)

i have to agree lol...some of my husbands friends dont consider phils as holiday destination they prefer thailand, indonesia and india....wonder if they know what they are missing :)

stevewool
27th January 2011, 17:10
well the less that knows about the phils the better it will be for us all:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
27th January 2011, 18:20
well the less that knows about the phils the better it will be for us all:xxgrinning--00xx3:

It is odd I was expecting the country to be awash with Septics and Aussies but it wasn't. Last trip saw a few Germans who obviously get everywhere, a bloke from London with his Hungarian mate who's lived in Oxford for 20 years and an RAF pilot on a weeks r & r from Doha or some other sandpit.

Tawi2
27th January 2011, 18:47
Sim,there is a genuine Jeepney in the UK,a guy from kent?I think used to exhibit his at the barrio fiesta sa london.

Sim11UK
27th January 2011, 23:50
Sim,there is a genuine Jeepney in the UK,a guy from kent?I think used to exhibit his at the barrio fiesta sa london.

Wonder whether he needs a conductor?...though I'm too old to jump on & off, in my flip flops with a fan of notes in my hand. :olddude:

Dedworth
28th January 2011, 00:02
A pal of mine owns a Routemaster and is restoring a single decker Green London Country bus

Sim11UK
28th January 2011, 00:18
A pal of mine owns a Routemaster and is restoring a single decker Green London Country bus

Who's that...Cliff Richard? :Erm:

Englishman2010
28th January 2011, 08:29
It is odd I was expecting the country to be awash with Septics and Aussies but it wasn't. Last trip saw a few Germans who obviously get everywhere, a bloke from London with his Hungarian mate who's lived in Oxford for 20 years and an RAF pilot on a weeks r & r from Doha or some other sandpit.

I've met the odd Yank or Aussie on my travels, but mostly in Manila, I haven't come across too many at the beach locations, but most of the whiteys I've met are Germans or Swedes. Boracay is full of Germans, Swedes and Italians. There were quite a few Brit divers staying at the Bohol Divers club on Panglao when I was there last Jan.
By far the largest group of tourists are the Koreans. A Pinoy friend in Boracay says they have 3 bar and trike prices there, One for Pinoys, One for Whites and another for Koreans.

malditako
28th January 2011, 08:39
A Pinoy friend in Boracay says they have 3 bar and trike prices there, One for Pinoys, One for Whites and another for Koreans.

this is crazy...does it mean me and husband would get different bill if we dine there? coz i would complain if they would charge me as they would charge whites lol

Englishman2010
28th January 2011, 09:01
this is crazy...does it mean me and husband would get different bill if we dine there? coz i would complain if they would charge me as they would charge whites lol

yeah, if they saw you with your white husband they'd charge you more because they'd know you could afford it:rolleyes: Elaine and I get this all the time with trikes and taxi's. Next time I'm there I'm going to hide out of the way until she's negotiated the price. When I'm in Manila I refuse to go in a taxi if they won't use the meter.
Be careful in Boracay, most of the bars don't publish the price of drinks. Most have signs outside advertising Happy Hour, but it doesnt actually say what the price is. They'll just charge what they can get away with.

malditako
28th January 2011, 09:21
good info..didnt know about food and drink vary prices but i am aware of room rates in the hotel...i normally book our stay under my name to get local rates...

somebody
28th January 2011, 21:15
Nice picture seen a few buses and load of Cabs over the years with Wow Phillipines on the side:)

At the Hounslow barrio and im sure many of th eothers they have large stalls which seem to have lots of people working on them but little to actually attract tourists wheter Phill or non Phill:doh

Shame they dont attract more people to a country where english is spoken and most of the signs in English which many Brits who simply want a beach holiday would love!!!

Have to stay Boracay seemed so small and village like when we visited in 2004 seemed strange it was the premier tourist location:Erm: I know there are plenty of very classy restorts away from the main beaches