PDA

View Full Version : Fiancee Visa

David G W
25th January 2011, 11:57
Hello could anyone please give me any advice,my girlfriend is applying for a fiancee visa and is asking for 6 months bank statements off me,in the bank statements it shows im overdrawn but in my savings account i have quiet alot saved up,if they see bank account overdrawn will it go against my girlfriends chances of getting a fiancee visa.Also should i move some money from my savings account into my bank account?Thank you

joebloggs
25th January 2011, 14:19
over drawn bank statements would probably greaty increase your risks of refusal. thou showing you have savings may reduce them risks.

as for transfering money from one account to another , beware, If there are disproportionate deposits and withdrawals in the bank statements, they should be explained in the sponsor's letter.

you might not like what i'm going to suggest, but i'd transfer enough so you've got at least 2 or £3,000 and wait 6 months so you've got 6 bank statements with at least £2,000+ ..

or you could explain you have savings but i think the risk would be greater than if you waited..

stevewool
25th January 2011, 17:19
all depends on what you call overdraw, thousands , hundreds or just a few quid and how long too, what they are trying to look for is that you have a seady income coming in and savings too, good luck, remember to blank out your account number and sort code , but add a letter stating why you have done this, fraud you say but if they require any other imformation put a contact number and email:)

Terpe
26th January 2011, 09:18
The ECO's are not accountants. They are however very experienced at looking at supporting evidence and making decisions to either accept or put forward for further review.
Overdrawn bank statements are always higher risk. Depending on the levels involved and the time periods.
Simply put, the ECO just needs to satisfy himself that you are living within your means and with sufficient disposal income to support your fiancee without recourse to public funds.
Remember a fiancee visa allows no working.
You will need additional resources to fund a wedding and FLR application.