PDA

View Full Version : Due second child in june, want to bring wife's sister to help out?

MadWelsh
26th January 2011, 14:14
Been a long time since I have lurked here, but I'm stuck as regards to what to do. Myself and my wife are both British passport holders, (wife is dual) we have a 3 years old and a bump on the way in June. We'd like to bring my wife's sister over to the UK to help out with the kids, and Let me go and do loads of overtime!!!! I went on the immigration website and there are like 500 different visas and situations, but none seem to match my situation. As far as I can see, she is only eligible for a temp visa of 6 months, which obviously isn't much use. Is there anyway we could bring her over as a domestic worker? It is actually what she would be afterall, but I'm not sure if there's a way we could manage this? It would be great for my wife to have the support of her sister during the next few years, I am acutely aware that she is a long way from her family, and although we visit every year, it's not the same. If anyone can help or offer any advice it would be most appreciated..

PS: Nice to see win2win still got this place up and running :D

joebloggs
26th January 2011, 14:36
you or your misses sister mentions child minding and she could well be refused a Visit visa..

as the HO will class it as working, whether paid or not :NoNo:

no to the domestic worker, as you needed to have employed them for a year..

go for a family visit visa, only good for upto 6 months of a year, and dont mention child minding...

MadWelsh
26th January 2011, 14:42
you or your misses sister mentions child minding and she could well be refused a Visit visa..

go for a family visit visa, only good for upto 6 months of a year, and dont mention child minding...

Thinking that was the case, ways of getting employment documentation as my wife and I own a farm and some businesses over in the phil, but again it may work out to be loads more hassle as regards to getting NI and tax for emplyment etc.. TY for your advice, always rely on this place for sense when I need it!!! (even includes you Win as well!!)

sophiamarie
26th January 2011, 14:59

I agree with Joe completely, as I had experienced it myself when my husband & I wanted my both parents to come to the UK few months before I gave birth in Sept 2009!...We didn't know that we shouldn't have mentioned that I was heavily pregnant and that they were gonna come to give me a hand!...to cut it short, they were refused to enter the UK!!

....in the end I had to try my best to do it all alone, as my husband had to go back to work in Africa after 2 weeks of being at home with us!...I managed in the end:)

ampy
6th February 2011, 14:03
my sister is here at the moment for visit visa only and you know it only lasted for 6 months ,i had my friend last year who we had help to get a visit visa too,both of them was given entry, they are just for holidays and not mentioned the help they could do for us.As for employment visa,loads in the philippines at the british embassy same building that offers a working permit or students visa which could cost an arm and a leg. REGARDS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!:Hellooo: