PDA

View Full Version : CNI question

monahd0418
1st February 2011, 11:26
Good day everyone!

I have a question to those who were able to get the local CNI from UK Embassy. My boyfriend will be getting his CNI on Feb 7 in Nottingham. He'll bring it with him on April. I already have my CENOMAR and birth cerificate except for the passport. Do we need to bring my passport when we're going to get the local CNI from the embassy?

Thank you. :)

stevie c
1st February 2011, 11:52
Hi monahd yes you will need to take your passport with you to the british embassy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

monahd0418
1st February 2011, 12:09
Hi monahd yes you will need to take your passport with you to the british embassy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you stevie... :( we're actually planning to get my passport after the wedding so I can use his last name on it... oh well, i think i need to sort that out this week if we need my passport to get his local CNI

keithAngel
2nd February 2011, 03:38
You dont need yourFilipinas passport for the cni exchange

When I collected mine in Cebu My fiance didnt need to attend but I did need to take her Id in her case Postal, Her NSO birth Certificate Cenomar

They cant insist on a passport just a recognised Picture ID:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
2nd February 2011, 11:08

When I collected mine in Cebu My fiance didnt need to attend but I did need to take her Id in her case Postal, Her NSO birth Certificate Cenomar

when i exchanged my cni at the british embassy in september last year the receptionist said to me & my fiancee at the time that she must have her passport with her i suppose it depends what mood they are in :Erm:

keithAngel
2nd February 2011, 14:28
Well its true of course any one can say whatever they like and very often do but its NO business of the British Government to insist other soveriegn states citizens should have a passport to marry a brit:NoNo:

I shall dash off a quick note to the Times:rolleyes:

Perhaps the Receptionist was thinking ahead on your behalf lol

Steve.r
2nd February 2011, 14:33
Well its true of course any one can say whatever they like and very often do but its NO business of the British Government to insist other soveriegn states citizens should have a passport to marry a brit:NoNo:

Well, what if the lady had never been anywhere before, not all Filipinos have been or worked abroad, so it cannot be a rule .. can it ? :Erm:

monahd0418
4th February 2011, 00:26

Thank you so much, Keith. We're actually planning to get my passport after the wedding so I can use his last name in all the documents we need ;)

monahd0418
4th February 2011, 00:28
when i exchanged my cni at the british embassy in september last year the receptionist said to me & my fiancee at the time that she must have her passport with her i suppose it depends what mood they are in :Erm:

I haven't been out of the country so I didn't bother getting a passport. My boyfriend will be asking UK embassy if we need my passport if we'll have his CNI change to a local one. Crossing fingers that we don't need one. :icon_lol:

keithAngel
4th February 2011, 04:03
f your prepared then even if you get an illinformed staff member you can "politly" educate them if not ask for their supervisor up and up till you find someone who does know the rules.

These folk are employed by the British Embassy and need to be brought up to speed on the real rules,

Philipines offices often make them up or incorrectly interpret them :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
4th February 2011, 11:04

While you're at it, Keith perhaps you might include the following question:-

"Since the *British Embassy in Manila comes under the jurisdiction of the UK Government, why IS it that OUR citizens should be compelled to fork out a substantial additional fee to [I] *them in order to exchange their Certificates of No Impediment for a (less detailed) Phils version ... when they've already obtained an original from - and paid thirty-odd quid for it - at their local Registry Office back home?" It's a :crazy: system!

And ... just for the record ... I'm fairly sure Filipina/o fiance(e)s are asked to produce their passports - mine certainly was! :rolleyes:

drench
4th February 2011, 13:10
Well, what if the lady had never been anywhere before, not all Filipinos have been or worked abroad, so it cannot be a rule .. can it ? :Erm:

thats right.. not all filiponos have passports. They cant just assume that since the person is about to marry a foreign citizen then they'll have a passport. :doh im sure its just a misinterpretation.. but still RIDICULOUS! They have to look at the correct rules if they were to work at a British Embassy.

drench
4th February 2011, 13:17
While you're at it, Keith perhaps you might include the following question:-

"Since the *British Embassy in Manila comes under the jurisdiction of the UK Government, why IS it that OUR citizens should be compelled to fork out a substantial additional fee to [I] *them in order to exchange their Certificates of No Impediment for a (less detailed) Phils version ... when they've already obtained an original from - and paid thirty-odd quid for it - at their local Registry Office back home?" It's a :crazy: system!

And ... just for the record ... I'm fairly sure Filipina/o fiance(e)s are asked to produce their passports - mine certainly was! :rolleyes:

Is it really just £30+ ? I thought we have to pay £64 to have it posted at the Regitrars Office then another £64 to have the actual certificate?

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/births-deaths-marriages-civil/marriage-and-civil-partnerships/CNI-nulla-ostas

Or is it different if you apply in person through the local register? Hope it really is just £30+.

keithAngel
4th February 2011, 17:54
Well it would help if they didnt hire foriegners at the Embassy:rolleyes:

Steve.r
4th February 2011, 19:29
The cost for a Uk issued CNI is £33.50 I do not know the cost in Phils for the local version.... anyone know ? :Erm:

keithAngel
5th February 2011, 02:24
4666 piso or £66.66:cwm23:

drench
7th February 2011, 13:27
:doh <--- sums it all up

keithAngel
8th February 2011, 02:25
getting both parts done here cost that twice it was the most expensive part of the process by far:xxgrinning--00xx3:

simplejho
15th February 2011, 00:57
If the validity of cni in the uk is 3 months, how long is the validity in the Philippines? Does anyone know? Thanks in advance :)