PDA

View Full Version : Clarification Regarding the English Language Test & The Fiance Visa Application

New Shoes
2nd February 2011, 10:19
Hi guys,

I've got all my documents ready to send to my girl in the Philippines so she can apply for her Fiance Visa.

For some reason the need for a English Language Test has slipped past me :doh

Am I correct in thinking that she will need to sit this A1 English Language Test before she can then apply for the Finace Visa?

Thanks
Dave

alanmf1
2nd February 2011, 10:32
Dave, Yes that is correct. It became a new UKBA requirement last November.

Breakfast
2nd February 2011, 10:32
This requirement slipped me and my fiancee too. Yes, she will need to take the test unless she is exempt:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsfragments/26-english-language-partners

New Shoes
2nd February 2011, 13:40
Thanks for the replie!

After doing more research, I'm aware that there is a test centre in CDO, but does anyone know of an approved test centre in Davao?

Again,
Many thanks

Tencc
23rd February 2011, 15:52
Hi Blokes.
Has anyone access a transcript or recording of what the Fiance Visa English test is like?
Anyone give me an oultine.
Any pointers?

Cheers
Bob

Terpe
23rd February 2011, 17:27
Hi Blokes.
Has anyone access a transcript or recording of what the Fiance Visa English test is like?
Anyone give me an oultine.
Any pointers?

Cheers
Bob

Depends which test she takes Bob. There isn't any specific test only that a level of A1 needs to be achieved for Speaking and Listening.
Plenty of info here, just do a quick search.

Lancashirelad
23rd February 2011, 19:07
Thanks for the replie!

After doing more research, I'm aware that there is a test centre in CDO, but does anyone know of an approved test centre in Davao?

Again,
Many thanks

my fiancee took an Ielts test in Davao i will get some info tomorrow when we chat

stevie c
23rd February 2011, 19:14
HI tencc welcome to the forum i see you are from basildon im just down the road to you i live in tilbury :xxgrinning--00xx3: