PDA

View Full Version : Hi Folks.

Jimbojac
2nd February 2011, 14:22
Well i am a 46 year old Jersey guy. Self employed.
Lucky to have travelled a lot in my earliest years as a full on surfer.
One of my earliest memories of travel was being a 19 year old kid, broke and down on his luck being taken in by Filipinos in the Canary Island of Gran Canaria! Strange but true, i was waiting for some cash to come from home and upon hearing this some Filipinos who worked in a small restaurant there gave me a place to stay and food too. I always remember their hospitality and the 2 eldest girls treated me like a kid brother.
Many years on i am with a lovely Pinay girl who i met on my last trip to Mindanao { the 5th of my trips to the Phils } She is delightful in many ways and we are planning a future together as i type this.
This site has some good info, i know the Phils well but its always good to hear of peoples experiences and the wedding stuff was very imformative seeing is that is the route that i seem to be heading!
Take care Folks and i hope to meet some friends as well as business minded ex-pats who will read this to exchange views and ideas.

alanmf1
2nd February 2011, 14:29
:)Welcome to the Forum Jimbojac...:xxgrinning--00xx3:
You will find lots of like minded people here to share & exchange views:Wave:

mickcant
2nd February 2011, 14:49
Hello and Welcome Jimbojac:Wave:
Mick.

rusty
2nd February 2011, 17:01
Welcome jimbojac,:Hellooo:

I see from your other posts that your girl is from Dipolog, my wife is from Dapitan. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jimbojac
2nd February 2011, 17:06
Thanks Guys!
Been back here in the Channel Isles for around 2 weeks now and spinning out! BORED!!
The Phils is too addictive.:Cuckoo:
Even though i am so fortunate to be born in such a wealthy place it seems that the Filipinos seem to be happier and have a greater sense of self as well as knowing what really is important. Working for a very old lady here a couple of years ago reinforced these views, a lovely lady whose family had little time for her in their busy lives but were grateful that she left them circa a coupla million quid! That old lady would have been "richer" surrounded by loadsa kids in some backward barangay.
The Philippines has a lot of problems sure but i think if we are open minded, accept those differences and " go with the flow" then it is a very rewarding place.
Have a good one folks!

Terpe
2nd February 2011, 17:09
:Hellooo: Hi Jimbojac, welcome to the forum :Wave:

Plenty of people here with ideas to excgange :D

stevie c
2nd February 2011, 17:49
Hi jimbojac welcome to this friendly forum & best wishes with your future plans :Hellooo:

Jimbojac
2nd February 2011, 17:57
Welcome jimbojac,:Hellooo:

I see from your other posts that your girl is from Dipolog, my wife is from Dapitan. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Great part of the World huh Rusty!:)
Your wife in the NE with you now Mate? She settled in?
Take care.
:Wave:

Jimbojac
2nd February 2011, 19:22
Thanks Mate!

purple
2nd February 2011, 19:25
Hi Jimbo..

welcome to the forum...
Hope you will find this site useful...:Hellooo:

Jimbojac
2nd February 2011, 19:28
Hi Jimbo..

welcome to the forum...
Hope you will find this site useful...:Hellooo:
Thanks Purple, i have read some of your stuff here today.
Take care and best wishes.

Arthur Little
2nd February 2011, 19:51
Hi, Jimbo ... :iagree: ... the people of the Philippine Islands are - in my own experience - among the nicest, kindest ... and most warm-hearted folk you could wish to meet ANYWHERE! :welcomex: to our friendly online filipino/uk community. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jimbojac
2nd February 2011, 20:05
Hi, Jimbo ... :iagree: ... the people of the Philippine Islands are - in my own experience - among the nicest, kindest ... and most warm-hearted folk you could wish to meet ANYWHERE! :welcomex: to our friendly online filipino/uk community. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Thanks Arthur!
Been a productive days reading all the viewpoints here and you have a lot of very genuine folk contributing.
My Girlfriend is keen on it too and will be learning a lot about our culture for sure.
Thanks again.

rusty
2nd February 2011, 20:24
Great part of the World huh Rusty!:)
Your wife in the NE with you now Mate? She settled in?
Take care.
:Wave:

Yes, she has been in UK 2 years now, so getting ready to apply ILR. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
2nd February 2011, 20:25
Thanks Arthur!

:xxgrinning--00xx3: ... my pleasure.

Been a productive days reading all the viewpoints here and you have a lot of very genuine folk contributing.
My Girlfriend is keen on it too and will be learning a lot about our culture for sure.
Thanks again.

Yes ... :iagree: ... there are a lot of really nice, genuine people among our regular contributors. I'm pleased to hear you've had a productive day. Do stay tuned ... and perhaps your girlfriend would like to join also.

Terpe
2nd February 2011, 20:29
.......The Philippines has a lot of problems sure but i think if we are open minded, accept those differences and " go with the flow" then it is a very rewarding place.........

Well said. Agreed :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
2nd February 2011, 20:30
so getting ready to apply ILR. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Snap! :xxgrinning--00xx3: ... so's mine, Rusty.

Sim11UK
2nd February 2011, 21:28
Sounds like you've lived an interesting life, welcome :Hellooo:

mikey73
3rd February 2011, 00:53
:Hellooo:welcome:Hellooo:

Jimbojac
3rd February 2011, 07:24
Thanks again everyone and heres hoping for a great future!:)

sophiamarie
4th February 2011, 03:44
:Wave:Jombojac, good luck to you and a very warm welcome...

ampy
5th February 2011, 14:09
hI,very nice to hear about your wonderful experience with filipinos,good luck to you.!:Hellooo: