PDA

View Full Version : Just About To Send Visa Documents to Philippines >Last Minute Question (and nerves)

New Shoes
7th February 2011, 21:41
Hiya!

Firstly, I like to thank everyone who has helped me thus far :xxgrinning--00xx3:

As the title says........ I'm just about to send my mahal the documents required for her to apply for a Fiancé Visa. I've got one last question (and lots of last minute nerves!!)

OK, so sat in front of me are two pretty thick files. I've duplicated everything, not just photocopied my original documents. The two files mirror each other exactly!

It's just dawned on me, is this correct, or should I have just duplicated the original documents only? and had single copies of stuff like emails, chat logs, our personal photos etc etc????

BTW, as I write this post, she's on the bus travelling to CDO to take her A1 Level English Language Test

Many thanks

stevewool
7th February 2011, 22:16
funny reading this, we have all been there have i done enought , have i done to much, if you are happy with what you have and have sent what they require, then relax, most proberley you have done to much , just make sure the list they ask for is in order, soon it will be over :)

aug06_2006
7th February 2011, 22:37
I agree :xxgrinning--00xx3:

New Shoes
8th February 2011, 00:01
Thanks for the replies.

I guess what I'm asking is ........ do I need to send two files/folders, one an exact duplicate of the other OR do I send send just one folder which contains my original documents and photocopies of the originals???

Terpe
8th February 2011, 10:36
Thanks for the replies.

I guess what I'm asking is ........ do I need to send two files/folders, one an exact duplicate of the other OR do I send send just one folder which contains my original documents and photocopies of the originals???

Everybody has been in the same position with the same worries. Is it enough?? Is it too much?? should I copy everything??

Under the circumstances you describe I would advise you to send the package just as you have made it. This was all a big effort and now it's done. Send it off.

Personally I believe, in so far as you have met all requirements, that 'less is more'.

The ECO only has set amount of time to review, 'check' his boxes and move on to the next one. Doing this type of work every day gives the ECO almost an inbuilt sense of what is right and what is wrong about the profiles.

No-one will read all the stuff you send. Only what they need.
Don't try now at this stage to do any 'weeding', you'll only end up worrying about that.

Send it now and concentrate on supporting your g/f with her test
Good luck and best wishes to you both.
We're all waiting to hear some great news soon.

New Shoes
8th February 2011, 11:07
OK, right. That settles it! I'm going to send the whole lot off as it is. I know that I've ensured that I've done all I can to ensure the criteria has been met regarding my input. It just needs my girl to add her stuff.

BTW, I got a text from her at abour 4.00am this morning informing me that she had just arrived in CDO and was going to find some accommodation for a couple of nights.

She felt she would feel more comfortable doing the pre-test training on Wednesday and then sitting the test on Thursday.....

I'll let you all know how she got on.

Thanks again for the replies, very much appreciated.

Terpe
8th February 2011, 11:31
She felt she would feel more comfortable doing the pre-test training on Wednesday and then sitting the test on Thursday......

Good idea. She sounds very sensible.

stevie c
8th February 2011, 11:32
try not to worry easier said than done i know but it seems you have everything in order im sure you will have a happy result good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Howerd
8th February 2011, 23:50
The reason for submitting originals and photocopies of documents is so that the originals can be returned to you.

For that reason, is seems emminently sensible to have two separate files - one for the originals and one for the photocopies; that should ensure that immigration staff cannot accidentally dispose of critical documents.

You obviously will not send your original passport (and maybe other documents too), so just make sure you send notarized copies (in your 'originals' folder') plus photocopies of these in your photcopy folder.