PDA

View Full Version : Hello! Anybody there?

duffy girl
17th February 2011, 08:51
A friend in Bolton introduced me to this site when my hubby and I were just dating then. I find this site to be very insightful and friendly to everybody who are, give or take, in the same boat.

I just got my spouse visa last Feb 7. Took the embassy 7 working days to scrutinize my documents which were overwhelmingly thick, thanks to my being very detail-oriented. I just wanted to make sure my papers can speak for me.

It was scary but I have always trusted that God is with us every step of the way.

I hope to meet a lot of friends here. I'm due to leave Manila on the 3rd week of May and face a whole new life in Manchester. Please drop me a line. I know friends in the same boat will be very helpful in my adjustment process.

Thanks much!

Steve.r
17th February 2011, 09:01
Welcome Duffy, and good luck in your new life here in the Uk.

joebloggs
17th February 2011, 09:15
:Hellooo: hi duffy

what part of manchesrer are you in ?

Josieyam65
17th February 2011, 09:17
Hello duffy girl, :welcomex:
to the forum and congratulations on your spouse visa.
I just want to ask, what made your documents thick? Was it the emails and chats?
Thanks!

Terpe
17th February 2011, 10:19
:Hellooo: Hi duffy girl, welcome to the forum :Wave:

Congratulations on your spouse visa and very best wishes for a new life here in UK.

duffy girl
17th February 2011, 11:01
thanks a lot! will surely need all your good wishes!

duffy girl
17th February 2011, 11:03
:Hellooo: hi duffy

what part of manchesrer are you in ?

old trafford :-p

duffy girl
17th February 2011, 11:06
Hello duffy girl, :welcomex:
to the forum and congratulations on your spouse visa.
I just want to ask, what made your documents thick? Was it the emails and chats?
Thanks!

it was the phone bills and cards covering nearly 3 years. it was painstaking to put everything in but i am happy i've done it - that's the only way i know how. greatly rewarded afterwards! :D

stevie c
17th February 2011, 11:45
Hi duffy & a warm welcome to the forum congratulations on your spouse visa & enjoy your new life in the uk :Hellooo:

joebloggs
17th February 2011, 12:00
:yikes:
if your not busy and bored :rolleyes:
can i send my kids over for you to look after :icon_sorry:

not far from you, probably a couple of miles..

my stepson works in the trafford centre :D

Farmerg
17th February 2011, 12:23
:Hellooo:

Terpe
17th February 2011, 13:12

That's the spirit joe, never give up:icon_lol:

joebloggs
17th February 2011, 14:12
That's the spirit joe, never give up:icon_lol:

:icon_lol: i need to find someone soon :cwm24:, becuase of my misses wage, i cant get the child care element of tax creds from April :yikes::bigcry:, thats going to cost me £550 a month, i'm thinking of quitting me job :Erm: and find somthing P/T.

Terpe
17th February 2011, 19:32
................ thats going to cost me £550 a month, i'm thinking of quitting me job :Erm: and find somthing P/T.

:yikes::yikes::yikes:
That's a horrible change to now be facing joe. I'm really sorry to learn that.
Just hang on in there.

kester
17th February 2011, 22:34
welcome duffy....

ybba
17th February 2011, 23:20
welcome to the forum and congratulations duffy!:xxgrinning--00xx3::Hellooo::Wave:

Arthur Little
18th February 2011, 00:12
A friend in Bolton introduced me to this site when my hubby and I were just dating then. I find this site to be very insightful and friendly to everybody who are, give or take, in the same boat.

I just got my spouse visa last Feb 7. Took the embassy 7 working days to scrutinize my documents which were overwhelmingly thick, thanks to my being very detail-oriented. I just wanted to make sure my papers can speak for me.

It was scary but I have always trusted that God is with us every step of the way.

I hope to meet a lot of friends here. I'm due to leave Manila on the 3rd week of May and face a whole new life in Manchester. Please drop me a line. I know friends in the same boat will be very helpful in my adjustment process.

Thanks much!

We're here!! :rolleyes: Indeed, there's always someone around - 24/7 - to "chat" to :blahblah::blahblah: on this friendly site! :welcomex: ... and congratulations on receiving your spousal visa. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
18th February 2011, 00:29
Took the embassy 7 working days to scrutinize my documents which were overwhelmingly thick, thanks to my being very detail-oriented ... that's the only way I know how.

:) ... know the feeling only too well ... being a meticulously-thorough person myself!

duffy girl
18th February 2011, 01:24
:) ... know the feeling only too well ... being a meticulously-thorough person myself!

yeah! don't you just know it'll pay off more in the long run... i'm glad i did what i did. :Jump:

duffy girl
18th February 2011, 01:25
:)

duffy girl
18th February 2011, 01:27

:omg: i'm in manila still. lol

duffy girl
18th February 2011, 01:29
:icon_lol: i need to find someone soon :cwm24:, becuase of my misses wage, i cant get the child care element of tax creds from April :yikes::bigcry:, thats going to cost me £550 a month, i'm thinking of quitting me job :Erm: and find somthing P/T.

i'm gonna have a lot to learn about this tax credits... :doh

joebloggs
18th February 2011, 07:57
:omg: i'm in manila still. lol

:yikes: i didn't know there was a manchester in Manila :D

:doh i'll have to throw the kids on the street til you get here :D

:doh sorry i just read all your first post :doh
yes your still in manila :doh

ampy
18th February 2011, 14:17
Hi Duppy,congrats sa husband visa,welcome to the forum,:Wave:

duffy girl