PDA

View Full Version : Reality TV and Facebook – the worst innovations of last decade

Dedworth
18th February 2011, 12:11
Reality television, Facebook, Twitter and congestion charging are some of the worst innovations of the last decade, according to a survey which has highlighted the most beneficial and most negative ideas to have changed our lives in recent years.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/8330258/Reality-TV-and-Facebook-the-worst-innovations-of-last-decade.html

Dumbed down "reality" TV and "Social Network" sites are top of my list too

sars_notd_virus
18th February 2011, 12:15
I don't watch live TV programs,no facebook !! twitter !! ..am I anti-social??:rolleyes::D

KeithD
18th February 2011, 12:20
Facebook is one of the greatest inventions of this century, the media only mention the odd bads points about it such as the odd bit of bullying that goes on, etc, but with these things everything is traceable unlike the old days when it happened one on one on the pkayground with no witnesses .... so even that's a good thing.

The good of FB far outwieghs the minor negatives of it.

subseastu
18th February 2011, 15:13
Reality TV is my number one and closely behind is this celebarity culture nonsense. Famous for being famous, p*ish

Ako Si Jamie
19th February 2011, 20:52
Was on Facebook for about a month then got totally bored of it. Hate Big Brother & I'm a Celebrity with a passion.

One of the worst innovations I think is the planting of lumps of concrete with bollards in roads to slow down traffic. :cwm23:

Englishman2010
19th February 2011, 21:46
I have no time for any reality TV or games shows, but Facebook is a great invention. It is the easiest way of keeping in touch with my friends, family and loved ones.

gWaPito
19th February 2011, 22:26
Facebook, i was a fan but, no more. Ded and Co were right, full of gossips and nosey parkers. Folk wanting to know your business then disappearing. Something I said or what? More than likely. Still, when the lotto jackpot arrives they will all be getting the long finger salute :D As for tv, we only watch the news and the odd documentary. Eat Bulaga is good value, if only the watch the dancing girls jumping up and down. I think they could raise the dead.:D

KeithD
19th February 2011, 22:27
:Erm: You only allow on FB who you want!!! So don't let gossipers and nosey parkers on it :doh

gWaPito
19th February 2011, 22:44
These offenders were Cousins and so called friends from both The Philippines and here in the UK. Jealousy is alive and well! In the UK its about us having a Baby while my 30yo something cousins cant conceive, as if its our fault and well, you know what its like in the Phil with all that bitching. All very sad :NoNo: To top it all, Jane had a call from a school chum see not seen in years, she married an Englishman and now living in Wales. Anyway the strange thing was, this chum would only talk in English So Jane started doing the English chat as well, with that her so called chum ended the call. Jane said her English was not that good so, thought that was why she had to go. Crazy or what.

Arthur Little
20th February 2011, 00:06
Cannot really say much about Facebook, :NoNo: since I was kinda talked into joining it by Myrna, her family, my family, :rolleyes: "Uncle Tom Cobley & all" ... although I don't log on there a lot, to be honest.

As for those so-called "Reality" Shows ... like 'Big Brother' and 'I'm A Celebrity' :doh ... get ME outta there whenever they're being televised!

keithAngel
20th February 2011, 03:08
Couldnt agree more face book is a royal pain the you only have who you want on there doesnt seem to work for pinoys the missus joined in april last and after 2 months had 40 friends half of whome she apparently had no idea who they where

We weeded it but now its over a hundred I have a face book but only logged on twice in the last year 40 friend requests pending knowing someone and wanting them to have acess to your life are two diferent things

Dont watch TV I get plenty of so called News from the forums I read:icon_lol:

Englishman2010
20th February 2011, 08:47
:Erm: You only allow on FB who you want!!! So don't let gossipers and nosey parkers on it :doh

Absolutely, the only friends I have on FB are people I know and who I want to know my business. I keep my friends down to around 100 and If I don't have any form of interraction with them for 3 months I delete them. There are privacy settings which also allow you to specify who can see your posts or photo's. If it's used properly FB is a great way of showing the people you really care about or who you want to know about you what is going on in your life.
I don't understand why some people have 500 or even 1000 friends and share everything with everyone, these must be the ones who complain about the gossips and nosey parkers.
Facebook messaging is good too, it's set up on my phone so that I receive messages by SMS and can reply by SMS for free. It's a great way of keeping in touch by SMS with Elaine and other friends around the world for free.