Hi everyone
We are thinking of moving to Axminster in devon
We are living in Plymouth at the moment but thinking of re-locating
Just after some advice really
thanks in advance
Marie

Sim11UK
23rd February 2011, 23:37
The home of Axminster carpets...probably not anymore?
Have driven through it many times, it's a nice little town...Had fish & chips there once, but can't tell you anymore than that. :D

Steve.r
24th February 2011, 00:01
Yes, nice pretty little town. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Bennyed
1st March 2011, 23:47
Hiya, I get Google alerts for the word 'Axminster' because I have property there I rent out and I lived there for many years. I joined this forum to answer your thread, I am 35 and have lived all over the place and travelled quite a lot too, I moved to Axminster when I was 8 years old and I have to say it's a fantastic little town, 5 mins from Chard in Somerset, 5 mins from Lyme Regis, in Dorset, and being in Devon, you have the best of 3 worlds. Seaside towns 5-10 minutes away, just 1.5 to 2 hours drive from London (Where I work/Live aswell) 1 hour from Bristol, lying pretty close to the M5 Motorway, on the A35, the A30, near the A303, it's perfectly situated in my opinion. Wherever I've been on holiday, wherever I've stayed or visited, I've always been really happy to return to Axminster.
Beautiful rivers, 'River Cottage (Hugh Fernley Whitingstall's farm and Canteen)' of course the carpets, still the largest employer in the town, a cool little train station which now had trains to London leaving every hour, woodland walks, friendly people, several nice pubs, an Italian restaurant, 2 chinese takeaways and an award winning Indian restaurant (Cinnamons), a Tesco's, a Co-op, a Thursday market, a bus service to local villages, towns and the seaside, a very good school and close to the top listed Grammar School, a small but smart hospital, doctors clinic and sports centre, what are you looking for? :-)

Dedworth
2nd March 2011, 01:10
Hi everyone
thanks in advance
Marie

You are 70 miles from Axminster nearer than I guess 99.9% of members here and its in the same county, I'd risk it

Arthur Little
3rd March 2011, 01:52
Hi everyone
thanks in advance
Marie

Hi, Marie ... 'fraid I can't tell you anything about Axminster - except that it is [or was] noted for its carpet manufacturing industry - since I've never been there; :NoNo: but I CAN bid you a warm :welcomex: to our friendly online filipino/uk community. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
3rd March 2011, 08:59
Used to be some nice public conveniences there as I recall :D

Arthur Little
3rd March 2011, 14:22
Used to be some nice public conveniences there as I recall :D

:cwm24: ... Perth's male gender - not to mention visitors to the "unFair City" - face the inconvenience of having to "tie-a knot in it" :icon_tonguew:, due to ongoing refurbishment at the only centrally-located public toilets. :bigcry:

Arthur Little
3rd March 2011, 16:33
... ongoing refurbishment at the only centrally-located public toilets ... :bigcry:

... probably with liberal sprinklings of Harpic ... clean(s) "round the bend"! ... :crazy:

Arthur Little
3rd March 2011, 16:42
On a brighter note :rolleyes: ... once work is completed, the revamped facilities are apparently to be declared officially "open" by no lesser a personage than Sir Lou Freshner - a distinguished Scottish :Kilt: pee(e)r! :piss2: