PDA

View Full Version : Newbie seeking for an advice. Please share me your knowledge about my case

lotie
25th February 2011, 17:29
Hi, everyone. I joined this forum hoping to at least lessen my worries about my visa application. I have applied a visa as a dependant of my husband but was unfortunately refused. We appealed and thank God we won. I received the determination letter last january 28 . I was hoping it would ease my worries, but it's only prolonging the agony. I have decided to renew my passport here in manila while waiting for the CALL LETTER from the British embassy. Now my questions are these: Will it cause a problem if I submit the new passport ( considering my new passport number )? Do i need to inform the embassy about this change? How long does it usually take before I finally get the visa? Please help. I've had sleepless nights because of this. Not to mention the stress i have to go through missing my husband every second of the day. :(

imagine
25th February 2011, 17:40
:Hellooo:hi lotie,welcome to the forum, i dont know the answers for what you ask but there are a friendly lot on here that will be able to help you, have a look around the blogs and threads , see if you can see any answers there from others who had similer circumstances to you,
good luck , glad to know you have your visa :Wave::xxgrinning--00xx3:

worthingmale
25th February 2011, 17:46
hello and welcome,

somebody will be along soon to help, plenty of friendly clever people on here

good luck with everything:)

emmscrow
25th February 2011, 18:13
:Hellooo:hi lotie! I think Embassy will ask you why you change your passport. But you have to wait tell Embassy rang you. Theyre going to call you soon and will tell you to send your passport through private courier. Theyre going to give you detail on how to send your passport. After you send your passport just wait 1week and you will get your visa. Anyway I based it on my visit visa. My hubby appeal for my visa then embassy call me then i send my passport to them and after 1week i get my visa. I hope it help :Wave:

beppe
26th February 2011, 05:08
You can't use an expired passport, when the new arrives make sure to inform them of the changes. Include also copy of your application to track down your file.

Terpe
26th February 2011, 08:53
:Hellooo: Hi lotie welcome to the forum.

Glad to hear than your appeal was successful. Well done. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Could you explain a little more why you are renewing your passport at this time?
Is it expired now ?
Or soon to be expired?

lotie
26th February 2011, 12:45
hello! :Wave: thank you for the reply. :)

lotie
26th February 2011, 12:49
Hi, Terpe. :Wave: Thank for the reply. My passport is still valid until april 2012, but decided to renew it while waiting.

lotie
26th February 2011, 12:56
:Hellooo:hi lotie! I think Embassy will ask you why you change your passport. But you have to wait tell Embassy rang you. Theyre going to call you soon and will tell you to send your passport through private courier. Theyre going to give you detail on how to send your passport. After you send your passport just wait 1week and you will get your visa. Anyway I based it on my visit visa. My hubby appeal for my visa then embassy call me then i send my passport to them and after 1week i get my visa. I hope it help :Wave:

Thank you, emmmscrow. :) How long did it take for you to get the call from the embassy from the time you received the determination letter? It's now my 4th week of waiting.

lotie
26th February 2011, 12:59
hello and welcome,

somebody will be along soon to help, plenty of friendly clever people on here

good luck with everything:)

Hello and thank you, worthingmale. :Wave:

stevie c
26th February 2011, 19:30
Hello lotie welcome to this friendly forum you are sure to find the answers you are looking for here :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
27th February 2011, 13:44
Hi, Terpe. :Wave: Thank for the reply. My passport is still valid until april 2012, but decided to renew it while waiting.

Perhaps would have been less stressful to wait a while. Be sure to keep your old passport safe.

Arthur Little
27th February 2011, 21:18
Hi, everyone. I joined this forum hoping to at least lessen my worries about my visa application. I have applied a visa as a dependant of my husband but was unfortunately refused. We appealed and thank God we won. I received the determination letter last january 28 . I was hoping it would ease my worries, but it's only prolonging the agony. I have decided to renew my passport here in manila while waiting for the CALL LETTER from the British embassy. Now my questions are these: Will it cause a problem if I submit the new passport ( considering my new passport number )? Do i need to inform the embassy about this change? How long does it usually take before I finally get the visa? Please help. I've had sleepless nights because of this. Not to mention the stress i have to go through missing my husband every second of the day. :(

Hi, Lotie ... those of us who've read your introductory thread are very pleased :BouncyHappy: you've won your visa appeal. Personally ... I would've waited until after arrival in the UK before renewing the passport - given that the present one still has more than a year's validity on it. But hopefully, the Embassy officials will use their common sense to work things out for themselves.

I've noticed from your profile that you're an optimist ... so try to remain positive! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

And :welcomex: to the friendly online filipino community.

lotie
28th February 2011, 02:35
Hi, Lotie ... those of us who've read your introductory thread are very pleased :BouncyHappy: you've won your visa appeal. Personally ... I would've waited until after arrival in the UK before renewing the passport - given that the present one still has more than a year's validity on it. But hopefully, the Embassy officials will use their common sense to work things out for themselves.

I've noticed from your profile that you're an optimist ... so try to remain positive! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hello and thank you, Arthur. :Hellooo: I actually didn't realize that I am an optimist until you told me. :) I usually think of myself as a worrier. :rolleyes: Anyway, thanks for the reply. I believe things will turn out right for me and my husband (although I feel like I made the wrong decision of renewing my passport too soon). :) God bless everyone. I will keep you all posted about my visa. So glad I found this forum. :Wave:

lotie
28th February 2011, 02:41
Perhaps would have been less stressful to wait a while. Be sure to keep your old passport safe.

I know, just realized it now. :NoNo: Anyway, hopefully it won't cause a problem. Thank you. :Wave:

lotie
28th February 2011, 02:42

Hello and thank you, Arthur. :Hellooo: I actually didn't realize that I am an optimist until you told me. :) I usually think of myself as a worrier. :rolleyes: Anyway, thanks for the reply. I believe things will turn out right for me and my husband (although I feel like I made the wrong decision of renewing my passport too soon). :) God bless everyone. I will keep you all posted about my visa. So glad I found this forum. :Wave:

gWaPito
28th February 2011, 04:28
Hello Lotie and welcome to the forum:Hellooo::Hellooo: Lucky for you to find a member who has been through what you have. Try not to worry too much. God bless and welcome again :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lotie
28th February 2011, 11:19
Hello Lotie and welcome to the forum:Hellooo::Hellooo: Lucky for you to find a member who has been through what you have. Try not to worry too much. God bless and welcome again :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hello and thank you, Gwapito. :Hellooo: I'm trying my very best not to worry too much. :)