PDA

View Full Version : driving test cancelled .

ampy
25th February 2011, 20:25
I was so disappointed that last thursday my practical driving test is cancelled due to the examiner is taken ill. :cwm23: They only gave me 2 hrs to find out my test was cancelled and too late for me to cancel my instructor that day,i have to pay 50 quid for it :bigcry: I know it is not his faults,but i was just thinking that i will now have to take more driving lessons to be sure that i will be ready for my next test date on 8th of march.I have done 40 hrs so far,The fee that i am paying every time i go for lesson is far too much than i can afford.I just hope that i will pass my exam ,,,i wish that they will have another examiner that will take over incase that one of them can not make it again,i dont think they realised or they dont care anyway what damage they can do for the pupil if they cancelled their exam.

imagine
25th February 2011, 20:37
sorry to hear that ampy, i do wish you luck for next time :)

Terpe
25th February 2011, 20:40
Wow, ampy that's really tough luck.
I don't know if there is any way to achieve compensation. Probably not, But maybe worth asking your Instructor.
The examiner obviously couldn't do much about it.
Anyway, I wish you every possible good luck for the next time. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
25th February 2011, 21:13
I would have been sick as a dog. Hope the examiner was too and he didn't try and pull a fast one.

Agree, they should have a back up because you prepare yourself mentally for it plus the fact you're £50 out of pocket. Hopefully you'll pass first time in March. Good luck Ampy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ampy
25th February 2011, 21:16
sorry to hear that ampy, i do wish you luck for next time :)

thanks Stewart,how are you?

ampy
25th February 2011, 21:23
:Wave: Thank you Terpe, i dont know if there is compensation but if there is i think my instructor will let me know,,,,:xxaction-smiley-047 he just ask me to pay 4 more hours as i will have to pay 50 quid per 2 hours.I wish i have a husband like you lot,lols, you all pay for your wives and girl friend while mine dont :bigcry:,,talking about filipina with out extra baggage,,,here i am! :icon_lol:

ampy
25th February 2011, 21:29
Thanks Jamie,,,i was thinking if he was really ill, that thursday is real nice and sun is shiny and it was a great day for taking family out,i just hope it wont happen again,,,thanks and i hope to pass so i can get a job,,,soon ! cheers !:Wave:

Sim11UK
25th February 2011, 22:28
Oh you seem to have lost out financially, which ever way you look now. I would hope you could claim your test fee back?
...I remember I passed my test in march 1st time, when I was 17...Hope you do too. :)

ampy
25th February 2011, 22:36
Oh you seem to have lost out financially, which ever way you look now. I would hope you could claim your test fee back?
...I remember I passed my test in march 1st time, when I was 17...Hope you do too. :)

yes,Sim1,,,,i just hope and praying to pass soon ,it is very hard to pass the exam in your country,very strick,,,,thanks will post here,passed or not ,soon!!! or maybe just when i passed :icon_lol:

Ako Si Jamie
25th February 2011, 22:49
I passed 3rd time. First time, fair enough hit the kerb on my 3 point turn. 2nd time it was perfect until I was at the traffic lights around the corner from the test centre. Went into a world of my own and messed up with the clutch :doh and not positioning the car correctly turning into the test centre, so he said anyway. I was that gutted I cried :bigcry: (in private :icon_lol:)

Even though it was the 3rd time, my instructor said I'd make a good driver because I was very good at reading the road.:drivingx:

Englishman2010
25th February 2011, 22:52
Like Jamie, I was third time lucky too. I hope everything works outs for you when you take your test

Arthur Little
26th February 2011, 00:25
:bigcry: ... I don't drive at all :NoNo: ... which never bothered me all that much when I was married to my first wife, as she DID! And a damn good driver she was too ... despite only passing the Test on her fourth attempt ... whereas [rightly or wrongly] I'd long *decided driving just wasn't for me - despite my dad's best efforts to teach me. So I never got around to taking a test.

But ... with the passage of time ... and, particularly in the years following my first wife's death, I came to regret this *decision. And so, at the age of 51, I thought of giving it another go. By then, though, my dad was dead ... and, frankly, I didn't fancy (nor could I afford) the "recommended" quota of one lesson per week for a whole year. :rolleyes: I suppose I could've asked my brother to help me out with some practice in between lessons ... but didn't want the two of us to end up squabbling if I did something daft - like so many learners (particularly older ones) I'd heard of.

Anyway, I spotted this ad in the local paper. It read: 'LEARN TO DRIVE IN A WEEK'. So I dialled the number ... and discovered its source to be a residential driving school on the shores of the Cromarty Firth. "Fine", I thought ... for £600 the course entailed intensive driving each day from dawn till dusk (slight exaggeration, perhaps!) plus a week's board and lodging - with a guaranteed pre-booked test in either Inverness or Dingwall on completion.

In my enthusiasm and excitement at the prospect of finally being able to accomplish a feat that every other man worth his salt seemed to take for granted, I [stupidly, with hindsight] phoned my son and daughter, my mum, brother and one or two close friends. All were unanimous in their opinions that I'd left it too late, and exhorted me to :please: forget the whole :idea: ... I'd be throwing away good money :REGamblMoney01HL1: I could ill-afford etc., etc.

So forget it, I DID ... to my eternal chagrin ... ! :doh

imagine
26th February 2011, 00:39
passed second time on my bike, 1st time failed because my exhaust fell off ,,:laugher: got it fixed for the second test and passed,
then one day i bought a car.. old ford anglia cost me £50 :xxgrinning--00xx3: i drove it round the estate to get used to it,
by the time i thought i should go for a test, i had to have a few lessons to make me drive more like a learner , passed 1st time in a triumph toledo

Arthur Little
26th February 2011, 01:14
... a feat that every other man worth his salt seemed to take for granted :doh

Does every man - and do MOST [modern] women, besides - take it for granted that driving is an inherent characteristic of the male species, I wonder? This might be a good topic for discussion on a separate thread, methinks. T'would even make a pleasant change from the ... :Erm: ... "heated" debates :rolleyes: we've been having on politics and religion lately. :)

imagine
26th February 2011, 01:19
Does every man - and MOST [modern] women, besides - take it for granted that driving is an inherent characteristic of the male species, I wonder? This might be a good topic for discussion on a separate thread, methinks. T'would even make a pleasant change from the ... :Erm: ... "heated" debates :rolleyes: we've been having on politics and religion lately. :)

i dont know about that, but iv heard it said that a mans car is an extension of his:icon_tonguew: so the motto is buy a big un :laugher:

Arthur Little
26th February 2011, 02:22
I was so disappointed that last thursday my practical driving test is cancelled due to the examiner is taken ill. :cwm23:

Bad luck, Ampy ... but don't let this unfortunate setback deter you. Fingers crossed you'll be given a new date very soon, and all the best when the time comes. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I would hope you could claim your test fee back?

Surely to God she ought to be able to claim a refund :rolleyes: ... either that or the Test Centre should re-schedule her booking and waive the fee!

ampy
26th February 2011, 18:34
well guys i am so nervous i am now having a stiff neck,:bigcry: ,,my next scheds will be on 8th of march,,,i have 4 more hours booked! thanks for all the stories you have shared,,i realised now that if i dont pass it is not the end of the world for me, i do felt like that earlier though !!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Thank you all for sharing your experience!!!:Wave:

ampy
26th February 2011, 18:35
i dont know about that, but iv heard it said that a mans car is an extension of his:icon_tonguew: so the motto is buy a big un :laugher:

:hubbahubba: Stewart you are always noughty :icon_lol:

imagine
26th February 2011, 18:37
well guys i am so nervous i am now having a stiff neck,:bigcry: ,,my next scheds will be on 8th of march,,,i have 4 more hours booked! thanks for all the stories you have shared,,i realised now that if i dont pass it is not the end of the world for me, i do felt like that earlier though !!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

8th march,same day my tests ,,,, :action-smiley-081::laugher: il be thinking of you while i get the endascopy up my rear bumper

ampy
26th February 2011, 18:37
Does every man - and do MOST [modern] women, besides - take it for granted that driving is an inherent characteristic of the male species, I wonder? This might be a good topic for discussion on a separate thread, methinks. T'would even make a pleasant change from the ... :Erm: ... "heated" debates :rolleyes: we've been having on politics and religion lately. :)

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: good idea there Arthur !

imagine
26th February 2011, 18:38
:hubbahubba: Stewart you are always noughty :icon_lol:

sorry its just my sense of humour :laugher:

ampy
26th February 2011, 18:39
Like Jamie, I was third time lucky too. I hope everything works outs for you when you take your test

Thank you english man , i dont mind to be 3rd time lucky as long as i will pass, i just thought before that it so degrading to not to passed it,,,i realised now it is not so big deal,,,still i am worried though,lols,:icon_lol:

imagine
26th February 2011, 18:41
dont wory you will do fine ampy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
26th February 2011, 18:45
good luck for the march 8th ampy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ampy
26th February 2011, 18:47
good luck for the march 8th ampy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

thank you stevie.:Wave:

ampy
26th February 2011, 18:48
dont wory you will do fine ampy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

thanks stewart,:Wave:

imagine
26th February 2011, 18:53

you know, i think that if you go for your test thinking if i pass i pass , if i fail i fail,,,,,,,any thoughts that dont make this so:) important that it makes you nervous

ampy
26th February 2011, 19:05
you know, i think that if you go for your test thinking if i pass i pass , if i fail i fail,,,,,,,any thoughts that dont make this so:) important that it makes you nervous

ok will just put that on my mind then :xxgrinning--00xx3: ,but i think my problem is i used to drive since 1998 from bahrain and 4 years ago i used to drive in the uk for 6 months with my bahrain license, it makes me nervous now to know the truth,,,maybe most of the driver thought they are good on their driving ,,, i feel the same i am nervous to find out that i am no good driver at all if i dont pass,:icon_lol:
the thruth hurts ,but anyway come what may,,,if i passed i pass,if not i shall do it again and again!

stevie c
26th February 2011, 19:13
thats the spirit ampy never give up how did you do with the theory test ? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ampy
26th February 2011, 19:39
thats the spirit ampy never give up how did you do with the theory test ? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

thanks stevie, i had 48/50 q and a, 54/60 hazard perception test,, first time i did ,i cant believed it,,,got loads of books and cds though hahaha,, anybady wanted it? its free !!! just send p and p.:icon_lol:

stevie c
26th February 2011, 19:42
great to see all the hard work paid of first time
Im sure you will have same result with the driving test :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ampy
26th February 2011, 20:06
great to see all the hard work paid of first time
Im sure you will have same result with the driving test :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: i hope too matey!:Wave:

stevie c
26th February 2011, 20:11
just be confident easier said than done i know but im sure you will pass :)

ampy
26th February 2011, 20:27
just be confident easier said than done i know but im sure you will pass :)

:xxgrinning--00xx3: thanks you :)

Tawi2
27th February 2011, 12:35
I can empathise,I have my intermediate powerboat next friday,hope we both pass:)Good luck:)

ampy
27th February 2011, 13:01
I can empathise,I have my intermediate powerboat next friday,hope we both pass:)Good luck:)

:Wave: yes , good luck for both of us Tawi2!:Hellooo:

South-east boy
1st March 2011, 11:34
I had my first test cancelled too, the afternoon before the text the next morning. I had the same miserable examiner for my first two tests, had one mucked up by other drivers coming up behind me and not moving when I was reversing around a corner! Then I drove perfectly and still failed me on one thing -driving too near inside or outside of road, which was rubbish! I was confident of driving, but not passing. I gave up trying there as what can you do if you drive perfectly and they still fail you? It got embarrassing telling people about the tests so I stopped! And like you Ampy, it got expensive with further practice, further test coat and double lessons on the day if the test. I'm not sure if they have some quota they had to fail or could only pass? Anyway, i tried in a different area and passed there first time! Should have tried there earlier!

Good luck Ampy!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

ampy
1st March 2011, 13:11
Anyway, i tried in a different area and passed there first time! Should have tried there earlier!

i am having my test at tthe maybush,somebody told me they seems to have quote every now and the and thats really bugs me a lot,,,not only because its is emabarrasing to failed it is also kind a expensive,lol :Wave: thanks for sharing south east boy