PDA

View Full Version : The Rice Tractor

Amaw2008
1st March 2011, 16:37
We've just come back from the Philippines, and one day's work has taught me a bit more about life there. My Mahal bought a second-hand rice tractor for a young male relative and his brother to gain some extra income. We went to see it in Tubigon, Bohol and once it had been agreed to buy it, I thought it would be a simple matter of taking it back to Sagbayan. Two days later, we borrowed a pick up truck and arrived at the vendor's house. Firstly, the two guys mentioned and another one took about two hours poring over it like expert mechanical engineers before deciding that part of a mudguard needed welding. Eventually after a welder had been found, it was time for money to change hands. This entailed a further one and a half hour wait for the local barangay captain to witness the handover. Finally, we were able to transport it. We had to take it in two runs, first the trailer and equipment, then the tractor unit. The last part of the run was on crap roads, so that slowed us down further. It was a long day, but we got the job done. Like they say, things don't always move quickly in the Philippines.

Amaw2008
1st March 2011, 16:46
:NoNo::NoNo:

branno
9th April 2011, 21:02
may i say wot a lovely looking child you have.. congratulations... so lovely ..

now going bak to ur purchase, i went to help out once on a rice paddler, i was barely abble to walk on the rice field narrow paths so i took of my flip flops n walked in the mud.. wot a wonderful experiance it was .... we repaired the paddler then was met with a lovely bottle of fundador... :icon_lol: quality..:)

scott&ligaya
9th April 2011, 21:18
that made me smile,...... as soon as I got to my wifes farm for the 1st tme back in 2003 I wanted to "drive" the rice paddler and the tractor thing , they call a Kulig Lig, That may be Illocano words/slang not sure...... they were hard work but great fun

branno
9th April 2011, 21:38
that made me smile,...... as soon as I got to my wifes farm for the 1st tme back in 2003 I wanted to "drive" the rice paddler and the tractor thing , they call a Kulig Lig, That may be Illocano words/slang not sure...... they were hard work but great fun
if you can steer them ha ha i was trimming the edges too lol .. they thought it was not acceptable for me to be getting my body covered in mud n oil ... i loved every moment ..then we went back to the punta for an amazing sea food banquet... i must admit ive never eaten or been so well looked after in my life since i met our lass...

Amaw2008
28th April 2011, 09:09
Thanks for your compliment about our baby Branno. She may be lovely looking, but she's the main reason why I've taken so long to reply!:icon_lol:

Amaw2008
28th April 2011, 09:28
Here is a more recent avatar pic

branno
13th May 2011, 20:44
Here is a more recent avatar pic

wow she looks so adorable, you have just brought a lovely smile to my chops...:}