PDA

View Full Version : Ex Asylum Seeker jailed - took Life in UK Test for his mate

Dedworth
2nd March 2011, 15:20
A former asylum seeker who was given British citizenship by taking a 'Life In the UK Test' was in jail today after he was caught trying to sit the same test for another immigrant.

Barzan Sabah, 28, attempted to get citizenship as a 'favour' for a friend who was expected to fail the test.

The college student had booked himself in to take the 45-minute exam, which costs £35 and asks questions about various aspects of UK life.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1362118/Former-asylum-seeker-given-British-citizenship-passing-Life-UK-test-jailed-trying-exam-immigrant.html#ixzz1FS4yehXQ

I'm surprised it's taken them this long to catch someone. He should be stripped of citizenship and deported.

Arthur Little
2nd March 2011, 18:37
Whilst not condoning this serious transgression of British Immigration Rules :nono-1-1:- nor, for that matter, being in possession of the full facts that led the Iraqi to commit such a foolish "error of judgement" on behalf of a person he'd never even met - it is to be hoped that the offender's ailing mother ... whom defence counsel claims his client supports ... doesn't succumb to her illness during the time her son is "banged up inside"!

stevie c
2nd March 2011, 19:39
I fully agree with you dedworth he should be stripped of citizenship deported & imo be banned from entering the uk for life then these sort of people will think twice about abusing our immigration laws we must send out a strong message that this is what will happen to any others that try this stunt :cwm23:

Terpe
2nd March 2011, 20:54
I fully agree with you dedworth he should be stripped of citizenship deported & imo be banned from entering the uk for life then these sort of people will think twice about abusing our immigration laws we must send out a strong message that this is what will happen to any others that try this stunt :cwm23:

:iagree:

What concerns me is the ID he used to register for the test.
My wife had to show passport and Home office docs just to register for the test.

stevie c
2nd March 2011, 21:06
:iagree:

What concerns me is the ID he used to register for the test.
My wife had to show passport and Home office docs just to register for the test.
I fully agree terp it seems he wasnt scrutinized enougth its shocking that this could happen
:Erm:

bornatbirth
3rd March 2011, 00:17
I fully agree terp it seems he wasnt scrutinized enougth its shocking that this could happen
:Erm:

hes been sent to prison because the driving license he used as id looked fake and was reported to the police :Erm: