PDA

View Full Version : Help me pls I want get married my filipina girlfriend and I don't know what to do

tony.lorefice
7th March 2011, 03:36
Hi everybody, I am Tony, an Italian guy who is working in London, I am engaged with Filipina. I am Madly in Love with her and we want to get married as soon as possible but we will still don't know which is the faster way for get her visa, and which visa? pls help us to discover the better way for us because to live so far from her it is not so easy for me.
Thank you:)

imagine
7th March 2011, 03:53
hi tony, a warm welcome to this friendly forum, you will get help advise from others here who know more than i, they may need to know more detail from you in order to do this, you being italian may be a bit different the advise to what i know, look around and read the threads ect, you may find some of your answers, its late now but other users will be here tomorrow , you found the best place for help,
its late now for me , so i wish you good night and good luck

tony.lorefice
7th March 2011, 05:56
Thank you Imagine. I want to take my girlfriend and get married here in London. What visa will she need to apply? Or is it better to get married in the Philippines? then after the marriage there how long can I take her and by what visa?

raynaputi
7th March 2011, 06:30
Hi Tony & welcome to the forum. :Wave: Well you might want to read this http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/26857-Applying-for-a-Fiance-or-Spouse-Visa-A-quick-guide as a start. If there are more questions that you want to ask, please don't hesitate...and there will be people here who'd be willing to help you. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

PAT
7th March 2011, 06:43
Welcome to the forum Tony...

keithAngel
7th March 2011, 07:40
Tony easy route marry her in the Phils you have already met right?

She can then apply for an EEA Family members visa free at the British Embassy as you are an Italien exersizing your treaty rights its easy and automatic she will get an entry visa and a five year residence visa if you want after she arrives:xxgrinning--00xx3:

tony.lorefice
7th March 2011, 10:24
Hi, I'm so happy for the responses. Thank you to everybody. For keithAngel, i wanna tell you that we have not met yet in person. But we see each other everyday on cam, thrice a day. I think for us we don't need to meet first before getting married. The very important and common thing to us is we are both members in one religious affiliation and we have so many attitudes in common that our LOVE is not only a physical attraction and I want to become old with her.

grahamw48
7th March 2011, 11:30
Interesting.:Erm:

joebloggs
7th March 2011, 12:03
Tony easy route marry her in the Phils you have already met right?

She can then apply for an EEA Family members visa free at the British Embassy as you are an Italien exersizing your treaty rights its easy and automatic she will get an entry visa and a five year residence visa if you want after she arrives:xxgrinning--00xx3:

how long have you been working in the uk tony ?

yes you need to marry first, and apply for a family permit, nothing is automatic keith, but as good as :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
7th March 2011, 12:52
:Hellooo: Hi Tony, welcome to the forum :Wave:

Call me an old fashioned traditionalist :olddude:

My view is that you must get over to Philippines and meet together before talking on marriage.
You also need to meet her family and friends.

Just my 2 centavos worth. No offence intended.

sars_notd_virus
7th March 2011, 15:00
Hi, I'm so happy for the responses. Thank you to everybody. For keithAngel, i wanna tell you that we have not met yet in person. But we see each other everyday on cam, thrice a day. I think for us we don't need to meet first before getting married. The very important and common thing to us is we are both members in one religious affiliation and we have so many attitudes in common that our LOVE is not only a physical attraction and I want to become old with her.

Hello Tony welcome to the forum!!!
I think you should meet your girl first personally ,it can help a lot with the future 'visa' application.

keithAngel
7th March 2011, 15:13
It can help a lot in not marrying a virtual woman too:icon_lol:

grahamw48
7th March 2011, 15:52
When is someone going to invent a webcam with female 'bits' ? :rolleyes:

tony.lorefice
7th March 2011, 16:52
Again, thanks to everybody! Actually, my girlfriend is a friend of my friends that are members too in our church. In short, we are Mormons :)
For Joebloggs, I have been herein London for 8 months. What do I need to provide in applying for the family permit for her? Are there any requirements as the fiance visa requires?

Terpe
7th March 2011, 18:48
Tony,
Take a look here:-

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizens/applyingundereuropeanlaw/

Please also read here:-

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/eea/guide-eea.pdf

I still would suggest and advise to go out and meet this lady in person.
Then at least you will be compliant with requirements.

Happy reading and Good Luck

Arthur Little
7th March 2011, 19:31
:iagree: with both Terpe and Sars, Tony. EEA Immigration Rules may well be less stringent than those here in :Britain: ... but I think they would still pretty much expect you and your girlfriend to have met each other in person before marrying and seeking to settle in the UK - or any other EU country for that matter. And the same principle is likely to apply to the 'fiancee' route ... as far as I'm aware, anyway.

Arthur Little
7th March 2011, 20:00
In short, we are Mormons :)
... and I want to become old with her.

:) Aha ... I thought you might be! Your avatar certainly portrays you as a smartly-dressed young man ... true to style for a Mormon. But, hopefully, both of you have many years ahead of you to grow old together!!

So ... before rushing into wedlock, please take on board the sensible advice offered by two of our knowledgeable Trusted Members, Sars and Terpe. And :welcomex: to the friendly online filipino/uk community. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

worthingmale
7th March 2011, 21:56
hello

meet her and meet her family is always a wise move, and if you are ment to be together forever, whats wrong with taking your time and getting to know her. :)

Lancashirelad
8th March 2011, 21:53
Hello and Welcome to the forum!:Wave:
I fell for my Gf online too! its not so strange if you values are compatible we are both Christains she is Catholic i'm Anglican (church of England), i knew before we met she was the girl i wanted to marry, id spent lots of time chatting with her and friends and family , i went out to meet her at Xmas.
We are now starting our fiancee visa application.

Good luck to you both.

Farmerg
8th March 2011, 22:09
:Hellooo::Wave:

Arthur Little
9th March 2011, 03:05
I fell for my Gf online too! its not so strange if you values are compatible we are both Christains she is Catholic i'm Anglican (church of England), i knew before we met she was the girl i wanted to marry, id spent lots of time chatting with her and friends and family , i went out to meet her at Xmas.

And ME, Dave! :) We chatted online almost daily for a whole year - during which time it became apparent we'd so much in common. We shared the same values ... both of us were widowed and practising Christians ... aside from the fact that Myrna is Roman Catholic (although one of her brothers is a part-time Protestant Pastor!) and I'm Church of Scotland.

Finally, in September 2008, I visited the Phils for 3 weeks ... when it it was confirmed that each of us more than lived up to the other's expectations. Then - being retired - I was able to return in late November of the same year ... and we married :wedtoss: on December 8. On the second occasion, I stayed there for three months while Myrna applied for her Spousal Visa ... which was granted less than a week after I'd gone back to Scotland [alone!]. She'll have been here in Perth for exactly 2 years on March 11.

Arthur Little
9th March 2011, 03:15
We are now starting our fiancee visa application.
Good luck to you both.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: ... all the best to you ones too!!

fred
9th March 2011, 05:36
Again, thanks to everybody! Actually, my girlfriend is a friend of my friends that are members too in our church. In short, we are Mormons :)
For Joebloggs, I have been herein London for 8 months. What do I need to provide in applying for the family permit for her? Are there any requirements as the fiance visa requires?

Filipino families are often very close Tony.. I think you should go and meet them all even if its only out of respect for her parents.. As in many countries,its also traditional.
What do you think?

Caroline
18th March 2011, 10:09
hi there, u can call the IMMIGATION ADVISORY SERVICE in glasgow telephone 01412482956 or email glasgow@iasuk.org its a free advisory service and they are very helpful.goodluck! - Caroline