PDA

View Full Version : Patten puts the boot into the BBC

Dedworth
10th March 2011, 23:36
Some good news lets hope he gets the job and sorts these serial trough feeders out

Lord Patten tears into 'swagger' of BBC staff who believe they should be paid a 'Prince's ransom'

The likely new chairman of the BBC Trust today slammed top celebrities who believe they should command vast pay packets.

Former Hong Kong governor Lord Patten held up Jonathan Ross' £6million salary as an example of where things had gone wrong in the corporation.

He said the broadcaster 'had a sort of swagger about it' when dealing with other television channels and said the salary of the next Director General should be cut.

Talking today pay levels for the BBC's top talent he singled out Jonathan Ross' jibe at the 2007 British comedy awards where the DJ and presenter claimed to be 'worth 1,000 BBC journalists'.

He said: 'I think when one particularly high-paid alleged talent said that it was much more important to pay him a prince's ransom even at the expense of sacking BBC journalists, when that sort of thing was said it was an indication of things having gone wrong with that attitude to so-called talent and celebrities.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1365034/Lord-Patten-tears-swagger-BBC-staff-believe-paid-Princes-ransom.html#ixzz1GEsL4vhB

bornatbirth
11th March 2011, 00:45
patten is a job for the boys kind of tory that i detest.

gWaPito
11th March 2011, 01:43
He most certainly did do a fine job in China, you only got to ask Margaret Thatcher :D

A sfor the outgoing Lyons well, he's showing a lot of backbone now, where was it when the 'toxic combination' kicked off (brand russell)

He should of sacked them, that will be his epitaph.
I ve seen more backbone in a sardine:xxgrinning--00xx3: and he's a Sir to boot, that is a laugh:NoNo:

keithAngel
11th March 2011, 02:58
Smoke and Mirrors:NoNo:

gWaPito
11th March 2011, 03:20
I don't think so.

Look at the amount of journalists the beeb sent to the wall for the sake of keeping those two idiots.
Saturday night crap tv rules the waves it seems.

I hope Patten does the business

Dedworth
11th March 2011, 09:42
patten is a job for the boys kind of tory that i detest.

Nothing compared with Labout putting this repugnant woman in as EU Foreign Minister

BRITAIN’S voice at the Brussels top table, Baroness Ashton, yesterday faced fresh speculation about her future after a survey rated her the worst performer in the EU Commission.

The Labour peer has attracted constant criticism since she was plucked from obscurity by Gordon Brown to become Europe’s foreign affairs supremo and Commission vice-president just over a year ago.

Read more: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/228418/Baroness-Ashton-is-worst-in-Brussels-/Baroness-Ashton-is-worst-in-Brussels-#ixzz1GHK9oP9z

Baroness Ashton is under fire after the EU failed to agree on a statement condemning attacks on religious minorities in the Islamic world because it is not politically correct to use the word "Christian".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/8296403/Baroness-Ashton-in-political-correctness-row-over-word-Christian.html

bornatbirth
11th March 2011, 11:48
im sure labour as some too!

patten is a failed tory mp and yet he still gets jobs given to him like that chump who lead the tory's to their biggest election defeat ever Dr mawhinniey :furious3: :crazy:

Dedworth
11th March 2011, 12:34
im sure labour as some too!

patten is a failed tory mp and yet he still gets jobs given to him like that chump who lead the tory's to their biggest election defeat ever Dr mawhinniey :furious3: :crazy:

:icon_lol: I think he's the harmless Chairman of the Football League still. Unlike the Labourite appointee Lord Triesman who resigned from the FA after putting it about with young girls and queering our position with FIFA