PDA

View Full Version : New here

wee_higgy
14th March 2011, 00:24
Hi everyone Im from Manchester, but originally from Davao City.I'll be 2 years in the UK soon,it means time to apply for my indefinite leave to stay, wish me good luck guys :)

Farmerg
14th March 2011, 00:25
:Hellooo::Wave:

worthingmale
14th March 2011, 08:44
hello

love Davao city one day I want to move there :Hellooo:

alanmf1
14th March 2011, 09:03
:)welcome to the Forum:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
14th March 2011, 09:34
HI & a very warm welcome to this friendly forum :Hellooo:

Terpe
14th March 2011, 09:41
:Hellooo: Hi there, welcome to the forum :Wave:

mikey73
14th March 2011, 09:56
:Hellooo:welcome to the forum:Hellooo:
and goodluck

Arthur Little
14th March 2011, 12:05
Hi everyone Im from Manchester, but originally from Davao City.I'll be 2 years in the UK soon,it means time to apply for my indefinite leave to stay, wish me good luck guys :)

Hi ... my wife is from Tagum City, Davao del Norte' Province ... and recently obtained her *ILR. Goodluck with *yours ... and :welcomex:

PAT
14th March 2011, 12:11
Hello welcome to the forum ....:) I am nearly two years here in UK too:), I wish us goodluck for the ILR.

PAT
14th March 2011, 12:16
Hi ... my wife is from Tagum City, Davao del Norte' Province ... and recently obtained her *ILR. Goodluck with *yours ... and :welcomex:

Hello Arthur Little, hope you dont mind,I would like to ask if your wife was holding fiance visa or spouse visa,I am about to apply ilr too and I want to make sure the date to apply for it.Is it from the date your wife granted her FLR?Its what i am thinking,pls correct me if I am wrong...Thanks

worthingmale
14th March 2011, 13:59
Arthur my lady is from Tagum as well

small world eh ?

duffy girl
14th March 2011, 14:15
good luck! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
14th March 2011, 14:17

and i'm in manchester :D what part of manchester are you in wee_higgy ?

Arthur Little
14th March 2011, 21:37
Hello Arthur Little, hope you dont mind,I would like to ask if your wife was holding fiance visa or spouse visa,I am about to apply ilr too and I want to make sure the date to apply for it.Is it from the date your wife granted her FLR?Its what i am thinking,pls correct me if I am wrong...Thanks

Hello, Pat ... delighted :BouncyHappy: to help! My wife, Myrna came here via a spousal visa on 8 March, 2009 ... which meant the earliest she could apply for ILR was February 8 this year, i.e., 28 days prior to the second anniversary of her arrival in the UK. I should imagine the procedure is likely to be the same for those currently on FLR. :rolleyes: But best to check with the UKBA website just to make absolutely sure. Goodluck with your application ... and please keep us updated on your progress. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
14th March 2011, 21:50
Arthur my lady is from Tagum as well

small world eh ?

:cwm24: ... wow! Indeed it IS, Nigel.

worthingmale
16th March 2011, 09:42
do you go to Tagum often Arthur ? as my lady mentioned about another foreigner visiting there.

Apparently not many of us go there :)

wee_higgy
3rd April 2011, 00:52
Hi everyone Im from Manchester, but originally from Davao City.I'll be 2 years in the UK soon,it means time to apply for my indefinite leave to stay, wish me good luck guys :):doh

I really love it too,nice people,nice place

wee_higgy
3rd April 2011, 01:00
Thanks Arthur, I got many relatives in Tagum,what part of Tagum she came from if you dont mind asking?

wee_higgy
3rd April 2011, 01:05
and i'm in manchester :D what part of manchester are you in wee_higgy ?

In Tameside area,is your wifey a bisaya also??:)

wee_higgy
3rd April 2011, 01:17
Hello Pat my visa will expire soon and am not completed my 2 years stay yet,so I have to apply for extension.Good luck to you also,have you already take the life in the Uk test?

joebloggs
3rd April 2011, 06:47
In Tameside area,is your wifey a bisaya also??:)

yes my wife is a bisaya :D

Ashton-under-Lyne ? i use to go there many years ago to buy dodgy cd's :rolleyes:

Hello Pat my visa will expire soon and am not completed my 2 years stay yet,so I have to apply for extension.Good luck to you also,have you already take the life in the Uk test?

when did you first come to the uk? , your visa should be valid for 27 months ? , when does it expire ??

ampy
3rd April 2011, 09:45
Hi there,welcome to the forum. :Wave:

wee_higgy
3rd April 2011, 18:59
yes my wife is a bisaya :D

Ashton-under-Lyne ? i use to go there many years ago to buy dodgy cd's :rolleyes:

when did you first come to the uk? , your visa should be valid for 27 months ? , when does it expire ??

I delayed my travel for 4 months,visa granted Feb 2009, I came in the Uk June 2009 and my current visa will expire on May.So am not qualify to apply ILR for the mean time.

wee_higgy
3rd April 2011, 19:01
Hi there,welcome to the forum. :Wave:

Thank you very much Ampy,nice to meet you here:Wave:

wee_higgy
3rd April 2011, 19:04
We're from Hyde...how about you? Say hello to your beautiful missus :Wave:

joebloggs
4th April 2011, 10:51
I delayed my travel for 4 months,visa granted Feb 2009, I came in the Uk June 2009 and my current visa will expire on May.So am not qualify to apply ILR for the mean time.

what the exact date you arrived in the uk, and what is the exact expiry date of your visa, you might be able to apply for ilr..

uthidian
5th April 2011, 14:14
good luck with the ILR..:)

kagumi19
6th April 2011, 13:39
i'm from davao too but ive in scotland..nice to meet you here

Arthur Little
7th April 2011, 00:22
do you go to Tagum often Arthur ? as my lady mentioned about another foreigner visiting there.

Apparently not many of us go there :)

:icon_sorry:, Nigel, to have taken so long to answer your question - which I've only just discovered - but no, twice only. First time was in September 2008 ... and the second, about 10 weeks later - to get married - when I stayed for 3 months whilst awaiting the outcome of my wife's spouse visa application. During my two visits, I became friendly with a fellow Brit ... who - as well as recommending this forum to me - has made his home out there.

Arthur Little
7th April 2011, 00:47
Thanks Arthur, I got many relatives in Tagum,what part of Tagum she came from if you dont mind asking?

:NoNo: Not at all, Higgy ... she lived in Merville Sub-Division before marrying me and coming to the UK.

Arthur Little
7th April 2011, 01:42
i'm from davao too but ive in scotland..nice to meet you here

Wowee ... a third coincidence ... and living in Scotland, too ... :welcomex:!!!

scott&ligaya
7th April 2011, 08:27
more filipinas in Scotland, I wonder how long it will take one of them before she utters "awa an beil yer hied" to one of the hubbies hehehehehe , must get back up to Ellon and visit my brother, my accent is way too soft these days!!

ybba
7th April 2011, 12:28
davao is beautifull and clean place,goodluck on you ilr application!:)

Davao lani
28th April 2011, 21:19
Good luck to you! I'm from Davao City too but just arrived here 3 weeks ago. Hope you can share with me about the ILR :). I'm here in Thamesmead.

Ella
16th May 2011, 16:00
Hiya :Hellooo:
Welcome to the forum..
Where particularly r u n Davao?

wee_higgy
30th May 2011, 22:14
Hello Kagumi19 what part of scotland do u live?Actually my husband is from Glasgow but move here in Manchester few years ago.I've been there 3 times.I really love it there the people are very welcoming,specially my hubbys relatives.I met a nice Filipina there also with a glaswegian accent sounds really cool:icon_lol:

wee_higgy
30th May 2011, 22:16
Hubby is from Scotland too :Hellooo:
Wowee ... a third coincidence ... and living in Scotland, too ... :welcomex:!!!

wee_higgy
30th May 2011, 22:24
Hi Lani nice to meet you here my fellow Dabawenya :)
Good luck to you! I'm from Davao City too but just arrived here 3 weeks ago. Hope you can share with me about the ILR :). I'm here in Thamesmead.

Lancashirelad
30th May 2011, 23:37
Hi and welcome to the forum :) Ako gihiguma Dabaw, my girlfriend is from Sigaboy in Davao oriental, but lives in Davao city now! My gf will arrive in the UK in 9 days time im counting the days.... Good Luck for your ILR