PDA

View Full Version : amendment of my married surname/new passport?

ken and arlene
14th March 2011, 23:22
Hi!Everyone!:Hellooo::)

How are you all there?:Hellooo::)
its been a while since ive been visiting this site again.ive been busy for the past few months taking care of my lil newborn baby.As some people,might not know,i gave birth last September 12th to our healthy baby boy. And now were enjoying our bundles of joy apart of of having sleepness and tiredness. Our sixth month old baby had his two bottom teeth already.yehhey:Jump:(kinda stressful when hes crying and screaming when having his pain.)Because its really hard to see him suffering:NoNo:.i know,some of parents, have experienced it.
I just want ask about the amendment of my surname to married name.I GOT mArried last Jan.9,2009.:heartshape1: and my philippines passport will expires on 2014. Im thinking if it is worth it changes my passport to new one with my married name or just renew and amend my syrname at the same time?:Help1:
Is it true also,need personal appearance to got a new passport now @Philippines Embassy-london?or can i make it through post still?:confused:ive already download amendment of surname @phil embassy-london website.:)

Would be delighted to hear from all of u guys..

Thnank you!:68711_thanx:
:philippines::unitedkingdom:

Arlene&ken +marcus
x

Arthur Little
15th March 2011, 00:10
How are you all there?:Hellooo::)
its been a while since ive been visiting this site again.ive been busy for the past few months taking care of my lil newborn baby.As some people,might not know,i gave birth last September 12th to our healthy baby boy. And now were enjoying our bundles of joy apart of of having sleepness and tiredness. Our sixth month old baby had his two bottom teeth already.yehhey:Jump:(kinda stressful when hes crying and screaming when having his pain.)Because its really hard to see him suffering:NoNo:.i know,some of parents, have experienced it.
I just want ask about the amendment of my surname to married name.I GOT mArried last Jan.9,2009.:heartshape1: and my philippines passport will expires on 2014. Im thinking if it is worth it changes my passport to new one with my married name or just renew and amend my syrname at the same time? :Help1:

Hello again, Arlene :) ... nice to see you back posting again. Pleased to know that all's well ... aside from Marcus's "teething troubles" - which are perfectly natural for an infant of his age.

Regarding changing your surname to Ken's ... I'd be inclined to leave it be till 2013 - by which time you'd be eligible to apply for Citizenship AND a BRITISH passport that would have the advantage of enabling you to travel virtually ANYWHERE without restriction. At that point, too ... you could have your Philippine passport renewed - and updated showing your married surname - a year ahead of its expiry date, should you wish to file for dual citizenship. :anerikke: Of course, this is purely a personal opinion, :rolleyes: based on the fact that my own wife's passport is valid until 2013 and remains in HER maiden name ... in spite of her being granted ILR some 3 weeks ago.

Arthur Little
15th March 2011, 00:52
Is it true also,need personal appearance to got a new passport now @Philippines Embassy-london?or can i make it through post still?:confused:ive already download amendment of surname @phil embassy-london website.:)

Would be delighted to hear from all of u guys..

Thnank you!:68711_thanx:
:philippines::unitedkingdom:

Arlene&ken +marcus
x

:gp: ... I'm glad you raised it, because Myrna & I have been wondering the same thing. Perhaps some other members here will be able to enlighten us BOTH - and, at the same time, give you their views on what THEY'D do in YOUR situation. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ken and arlene
15th March 2011, 02:11
Hi Arthur Little!:):Wave:

It was lovely to hear from you. Thank you for your wonderful advice,quick response& information.much appreciated.:xxgrinning--00xx3:i feel relieve.:Jump:
To be honest,its my dilemna for a long time.:NoNo:The only thing is,sometimes for example,when applying for bank account,they want my passport and other documents (but cant show them the proper docs with my married surname on) and its still on my single surname.
Anyway,ill defintely heed your advice.,..of renewing my passport ahead of its expiration.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
yeah,this year i need to be busy reading the life in uk book also.for the uk life test examination.i feel nervous now.will be nerve breaking.:NoNo:i havent read it yet.My spouse visa will expires on April 2012.Can u suggest when is the best for me to apply the Ilr,pls? And when to take the exam?so i can prepare myself and focus on it.
Very thanks in advance again.

More power and god bless to u and ur family!:):Hellooo:

kenarl+marcus

ken and arlene
15th March 2011, 02:17
This is really useful,informative and good site indeed!yes,its enlighten me.dont know whose to ask,really,about this matter before..:Erm:

ken and arlene
15th March 2011, 02:28
Btw, congratulations to your wife!:xxgrinning--00xx3::Wave::Jump:I bet shes over the moon...x

Arthur Little
15th March 2011, 15:04
Btw, congratulations to your wife!:xxgrinning--00xx3::Wave::Jump:I bet shes over the moon...x

:thankyou: ... yes, she is. And it's my pleasure to be able to help others based on our own experience. :)

When it comes to your turn to apply for ILR, here are a few pointers:-

You can take the necessary 'Life in the UK Test' ANYTIME between now and the date on which your present visa is due to expire. In my opinion, though ... it's best to get it out of the way, as soon as possible. Find out where the nearest Test Centre to Newcastle-under-Lyme is located - Stoke-on-Trent or Derby, perhaps - and arrange a mutually-convenient date and time ... allowing yourself up to say a month to 6 weeks in advance to adequately prepare yourself. The Test itself - at least up until recently - was based on the 2007 Handbook [2nd Edition] entitled 'Life in the United Kingdom - A Journey to Citizenship'. However, things may have changed since Myrna took it last July ... so it would be wise to check with the Centre for any update(s). Bookstores such as Waterstones and/or W.H. Smith are likely to have the latest one in stock ... and either of them will also have its accompanying 'Practice Questions & Answers' supplements available for purchase.

Having passed the 'Life' Test, you can then begin to concentrate on the documents needed for your application ... which may be submitted (at the earliest) within 28 days of the second anniversary of your arrival in the UK. So ... if you arrived here on say, for example, March 8, 2010 - then it would be permissible to apply from February 8th. I hope the foregoing is of help to you. :xxgrinning--00xx3: