PDA

View Full Version : blacklisted

simplicity98
16th March 2011, 10:23
how do you know if you are blacklisted in going back to UK? is there any number you could call?

simplicity98
16th March 2011, 11:02
hi! im new here. i need help/advice. me and my bf recently got married here in the philippines. but i overstayed in uk for 4 months before getting back here in philippines and got married. the reason i overstayed is my application for COA was delayed and i gave birth to our child. we applied for our son passport first and CNI for my husband.

now that im about to apply for a spouse visa, i asked for a help from the agency. they said i need to find out first if im blacklisted coz i overstayed. do u have any idea how to find it out?

thank you thank you very much!

KeithD
16th March 2011, 11:59
Call the embassy.

People have no reason to overstay, if you have problems you just contact the UKBA and ask for an extension on the visa you already have explaining in detail why you need it, and when you intend to leave. Bit late for you but useful advice to others :)

joebloggs
16th March 2011, 12:04
overstaying should not effect your spouse visa app.
was you stopped at immigration b4 you left?

no auotmatic mandatory bans for spouses..

Terpe
16th March 2011, 13:16
Here is what happened to a friend of ours a couple of years ago.

She was here in UK on a Visit Visa (family) to see her sister.
She overstayed by 3 months waiting for COA and got married to a Brit.
She overstayed another 3 months trying to find ways to remain here in UK. Even got the local MP involved.
She had a number of letters from the HO. At the end, she received a letter stating that she needed to leave UK voluntarily before a specific date and that she needed to pay the ticket herself. By complying with this she would only get a 5 year UK entry ban.
If she had not complied it would have been a 10 year UK entry ban.

My guess is that if there had been no HO letters received about overstaying, and no
interview or passport annotation at the airport on departure, then there should be no problem.
Maybe better to ask as it's a lot of money to risk.

joebloggs
16th March 2011, 14:25
COA is not a visa, or give you a right to stay in the uk.

i take it you wasnt stopped at the airport or you passport was not marked ?

difference is terpe she left the uk, i take it without UKBA being aware she overstayed..

i still dont think you will have a problem.. thou you might have had giving birth to a baby while on a VV, someone has to pay the NHS bill :D

Terpe
16th March 2011, 14:30
The final point in my post really says the same as you Joe. If she was banned/barred/blacklisted from UK entry then she would know about.:)

joebloggs
16th March 2011, 14:35
thats true and she could always apply for a SAR (Subject Access Report) from UKBA that should tell her what UKBA know about her immigration history.(if anything)

joebloggs
16th March 2011, 14:36
also i'm sure your asked on the spouse visa app form if you've overstayed in the uk :cwm24:

Terpe
16th March 2011, 14:50
also i'm sure your asked on the spouse visa app form if you've overstayed in the uk :cwm24:

Unless I missed that question, I think it does not ask.

Here's what the form asks under Part 6 Previous Applications And Travel History:-

6.1 Have you travelled to the UK in the last 10 years?
6.2 Have you travelled outside your country of residence, excluding to the UK, in the last 10 years?
6.3 Have you ever been refused a visa for any country,
including the UK?
6.4 Have you been granted any UK visas in the last 10 years?
6.5 Have you been refused entry on arrival to the UK in the last 10 years?
6.6 Have you ever been deported, removed or otherwise required to leave any country, including the UK in the last
10 years?
6.7 Have you made an application to the Home Office to remain in the UK in the last 10 years?
6.8 Do you have a UK National Insurance number?
6.9 Do you have any criminal convictions in any country
(including traffic offences)?
6.10 Have you ever been charged in any country with a criminal offence for which you have not yet been tried in court (including traffic offences)?
6.11 In times of either peace or war have you ever been >>> involved in, or suspected of involvement in, war crimes, crimes against humanity or genocide?
6.12 Have you ever been involved in, supported, or >>>>>>> encouraged terrorist activities in any country? Have you, ever been a member of, or given support to an organisation that has been concerned in terrorism?
6.13 Have you ever, by any means or medium, expressed >>views that justify or glorify terrorist violence or that may encourage others to terrorist acts or other serious criminal acts?
6.14 Have you engaged in any other activities that might >>>indicate that you may not be considered a person of good character?

:xxgrinning--00xx3: