PDA

View Full Version : kamusta po mga igan!

anna_010607
16th March 2011, 16:52
Hi everyone, i'm anna and im a newbie to this site. I find the forums very informative especially regarding visas. I have been coming in the UK for the last 4 years on a tourist visa but i am finding it a bit difficult of late getting in because the immigration officers think that i spend too much time in the UK already on a tourist visa. Having said that, i always make sure that i do not violate any of the UK Border rules such as overstaying, etc. I am aware that i am allowed to stay for 180 days over a period of 12 months. I was granted two years visa in 2009, have used up 146 days in the first year but sadly in the 2nd year it's a bit tight. When i leave for Thailand on the 25th of march that would be my 179 days in the UK whew!!!:yikes: anyway, me and my british bf are working on a different type of visa for my next application. so i hope ill get it so i can stay longer in the UK. Well, this is just snippets of the real story. will write more about it next time. thanks for taking time to read. tata!:Wave:

Steve.r
16th March 2011, 16:56
Welcome to the forum Anna :Hellooo:

gWaPito
16th March 2011, 17:20
Welcome to the forum Anna:Hellooo:

I hope enjoy your time on here.

Good luck with your visa application.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
16th March 2011, 17:48
HI anna welcome to this friendly forum you are sure to find all the information you need about visa to the uk on this fantastic forum :Hellooo:

anna_010607
16th March 2011, 18:09
thanks steve.r, thanks gwapito, thanks stevie c...

I'm so glad to have found this website... it's really informative and can be entertaining as well :) by just reading the threads. Anyway, yeah i do hope i will get the "right" visa next time. Our case is a bit unusual... What i am applying for is an "extension to stay in the UK as the "unmarried" partner of a person present and settled in the UK... yup, it's not the usual "fiancee visa"... hmmm, can't even begin to explain why we're opting for such other than it's what me and my partner agreed (FYI, both of us are free to marry). Personally, im not bothered if he marries me or not - one thing i know, i just want to be with him - full stop! On the other hand, my partner is a person of a very good financial standing and since pre-nuptial agreements are not yet part of the English written law and that is his personal reason for not wanting to get married. That is totally understandable and I respect his decision. I have no doubts with his intentions towards me and he's proven himself in the last four years that he's totally committed to me and im the same with him. (will have to continue later coz he's just arrived! :hubbahubba:)

anna_010607
16th March 2011, 18:15
thanks all...

anna_010607
16th March 2011, 18:16
can't believe it, i just typed a really long article but i lost it! oh well...

Terpe
16th March 2011, 18:28
:Hellooo: Hi Anna, welcome to the forum :Wave:

Farmerg
16th March 2011, 23:45
:Hellooo::Wave:

Arthur Little
17th March 2011, 02:29
can't believe it, i just typed a really long article but i lost it! oh well...

No :NoNo: ... your interesting story seems to be still here, Anna; it's just that all posts from newcomers to the forum are placed in a moderation queue before they appear in print. :welcomex: to the friendly online filipino/uk site and do keep in touch after leaving this country on March 25. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
17th March 2011, 10:46
hello ana,welcome to the forum!!
Goodluck in all your plans in the future:xxgrinning--00xx3:

mikey73
17th March 2011, 14:12
:Hellooo:welcome to the forum anna:Hellooo:

belle29
19th March 2011, 20:16
:Hellooo: welcome