PDA

View Full Version : Our Catholic Church Wedding Plan

Lady_Ivy
16th March 2011, 23:53
Hello to everyone...My fiancee and I are getting married on the 25th of April..I already have my NSO Birth Certificate, my CENOMAR, baptismal and confirmartion certificates, and my passport on hand..He has his baptismal, birth certificate, passport and he is still waiting for his CNI.He will get it maybe last week of March as he applied for it first last week...Is there anything else that we forgot?

He will arrive in Manila on the 10th midnite, we will go in the British embassy early next day...We haven't booked our ticket yet going to Koronadal South Cotabato as we don't know how long is the process of converting the CNI UK version to the Phil. version..I read from the previous posts here it just usually takes 2 days but I wanted to be sure so as not to waste money for the fare...

Thanks to everyone

aposhark
17th March 2011, 00:30
I have read in many on-line places that getting married in the church in the Philippines can cause expats many problems like long delays :yikes:

I got married in a civil ceremony in Phils and everything went fast without delays.

Lady_Ivy
17th March 2011, 01:10
Yeah I heard the same..I have started sorting out the necessary papers needed so I hope it wont cause any delay..Good thing, the priest is my niece's grand dad and he said he can start the 3 consecutive sundays of announcement even with out my fiance but on the 3rd sunday he must be there...Also my mum talked with the people in the LCR and they have been very understanding so we hope we can make it on time..Fingers and toes crossed..:D

sars_notd_virus
17th March 2011, 10:52
He will arrive in Manila on the 10th midnite, we will go in the British embassy early next day...We haven't booked our ticket yet going to Koronadal South Cotabato as we don't know how long is the process of converting the CNI UK version to the Phil. version..I read from the previous posts here it just usually takes 2 days but I wanted to be sure so as not to waste money for the fare...

Thanks to everyone

Yes it usually takes a day now to get the Philippine version of CNI but you can try to request the processor if you can have it the same day explaining you have to go to and fly to Koronadal, so no delay on processing some of your marriage requirements.
Goodluck and hope you have a happy wedding day!

keithAngel
17th March 2011, 16:20
Dont forget the "Marriage Seminar" ask at your city hall mine required this to apply for the licence:xxgrinning--00xx3:

aidaaida
18th March 2011, 15:29
I had a church wedding in the Philippines in 2009. Lots of running around, mettings and crossing palms with silver! What I also had to supply was a signed letter from my mother giving her permission for me to marry and this has to be witnessed by a Public Notary in England. And I am in my fifties:omg:
Trouble is if you don't supply what they want then no wedding!
Must say that it was well worth the trouble and if you have a fantastic wedding day like the day I had you will remember it forever.

sars_notd_virus
18th March 2011, 16:57
I had a church wedding in the Philippines in 2009. Lots of running around, mettings and crossing palms with silver! What I also had to supply was a signed letter from my mother giving her permission for me to marry and this has to be witnessed by a Public Notary in England. And I am in my fifties:omg:
Trouble is if you don't supply what they want then no wedding!
Must say that it was well worth the trouble and if you have a fantastic wedding day like the day I had you will remember it forever.

A bit awkward, i hope they didn't let you attend the marriage seminar anymore,as in that age you are well enough to know everything about family planning etc:xxgrinning--00xx3:

aidaaida
18th March 2011, 18:16
A bit awkward, i hope they didn't let you attend the marriage seminar anymore,as in that age you are well enough to know everything about family planning etc:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ha Ha I had to do that as well, Seminar at City Hall, could have told them a few things :Rasp: and another meeting/interview with some woman at the church telling us to 'have plenty of babies' and what the wifes role is within the marriage. Patronising woman I had to sit through it all and not say a thing allthough I wanted to put her straight on a few things

sars_notd_virus
18th March 2011, 18:25
Ha Ha I had to do that as well, Seminar at City Hall, could have told them a few things :Rasp: and another meeting/interview with some woman at the church telling us to 'have plenty of babies' and what the wifes role is within the marriage. Patronising woman I had to sit through it all and not say a thing allthough I wanted to put her straight on a few things

Oh my,hahaha!!..same with me, husband and I need to undergo family planning etc,teaching us our responsibilities of being a parent etc knowing our age 40's and 30's and got kids:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:....glad they allowed us to marry after sitting for long minutes in the seminar.

Lady_Ivy
20th March 2011, 15:59
Yes it usually takes a day now to get the Philippine version of CNI but you can try to request the processor if you can have it the same day explaining you have to go to and fly to Koronadal, so no delay on processing some of your marriage requirements.
Goodluck and hope you have a happy wedding day!

wow wow..thanks for this info...hope we can get it in a day..thanks everyone