PDA

View Full Version : Visit Visa just lodged in today at VFS Makati!

Derbyprincess
18th March 2011, 09:02
hello everybody! hope everything's going well with all of you here!

i'm just going to share my current status. ..i just lodged in my general visit visa today at VFS Centre Makati & request for the decision to be delivered to our home instead of collecting it myself. I'm excited but then again, nervous at the same time! no one can ever tell how it's going to be after a few days or more, but i will definitely share here in the forum whatever result it may be. I wanted to say thanks to Mr. Arthur for giving me a few helpful tips on my way of processing every single details of my visa so i hope & pray that mine will be granted! I'm very optimistic about it! now i'm asking for your prayers as well & I thank you all in advance x More power to this forum!!! x

sars_notd_virus
18th March 2011, 09:37
Goodluck girl!!

Derbyprincess
18th March 2011, 11:11
Goodluck girl!!

:) aww cheers!!! fingers crossed!! in fact, they already sent me a text message & email that it has been dispatched to the British Embassy whew. ..

Nick30
18th March 2011, 11:46
Good luck, Please tell us the result. :)

Derbyprincess
18th March 2011, 14:12
Good luck, Please tell us the result. :)

hello Nick! :Wave: yeah sure i will do definitely thanks!

Nick30
18th March 2011, 14:46
When will you know? What does dispached mean? I heard you was on a student visa before. Good luck again :)

sars_notd_virus
18th March 2011, 17:09
:) aww cheers!!! fingers crossed!! in fact, they already sent me a text message & email that it has been dispatched to the British Embassy whew. ..

You'll just have to wait for the good news then:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
18th March 2011, 17:31
my prayers are with you derbyprincess :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Derbyprincess
19th March 2011, 05:10
When will you know? What does dispached mean? I heard you was on a student visa before. Good luck again :)

Hello yeah you are right i was on a student visa not long ago :) & i believe dispatched meant that my submitted visa applications were now at the British Embassy in McKinley Taguig City & on its way for a decision. ..i was advised to just wait for the VFS SMS or email if mine is ready for collection or had been couriered back to my home address :-)

Derbyprincess
19th March 2011, 05:15
You'll just have to wait for the good news then:xxgrinning--00xx3: aww yeah i know! will have to wait. ..hope not in vain! lol! :yikes:

Derbyprincess
19th March 2011, 05:16
my prayers are with you derbyprincess :xxgrinning--00xx3:

hello stevie c. & thanks for the good words :)

Nick30
19th March 2011, 11:45
I guess you should know by Monday :)

Derbyprincess
19th March 2011, 16:41
thanks Nick! :)

Arthur Little
19th March 2011, 18:21
hello everybody! hope everything's going well with all of you here!

i'm just going to share my current status. ..i just lodged in my general visit visa today at VFS Centre Makati & request for the decision to be delivered to our home instead of collecting it myself. I'm excited but then again, nervous at the same time! no one can ever tell how it's going to be after a few days or more, but i will definitely share here in the forum whatever result it may be. I wanted to say thanks to Mr. Arthur for giving me a few helpful tips on my way of processing every single details of my visa so i hope & pray that mine will be granted! I'm very optimistic about it! now i'm asking for your prayers as well & I thank you all in advance x More power to this forum!!! x

Here's wishing you all the luck in the world, Chel ... you can do it, my friend! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Derbyprincess
20th March 2011, 05:17
Here's wishing you all the luck in the world, Chel ... you can do it, my friend! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aww thanks so much Mr. Arthur! :Jump:
i will keep you posted! :)

Derbyprincess
25th March 2011, 04:35
Hello everyone! i got my visa already! it took at least 3 working days to reach me via 2GO courier. Thanks so muchfor all the help,greatly appreciated, now i'm bound back to Derbyshire!!! wicked! :Jump::Jump::Jump:

Nick30
25th March 2011, 09:10
Hey that's brilliant :D
Praise God.
How did you obtain your visit visa and what did you do to apply? My mahal plans to come early next year and me and her sister are helping her.
Please provide a list of what you had to submit.
I'm so pleased for you.

stevie c
25th March 2011, 09:37
thats fantastic news derbyprincess congratulations :xxgrinning--00xx3:

cessxy
25th March 2011, 09:48
Congrats Derby :):Wave::xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
25th March 2011, 12:13
Congratulations Derby:xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
25th March 2011, 12:45
congrats derbyprincess! :Jump:

Terpe
25th March 2011, 12:47
Good news. Well done. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Enjoy summertime here in UK:D

purple
25th March 2011, 14:29
congratulations derbyprincess! well done!

Meadows
25th March 2011, 15:56
the clock it now ticking tik tok tik tok soon be one of the Pinay in the UK:D:D GOODLUCK :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Derbyprincess
25th March 2011, 16:37
awww thanks everybody!!! me & my boyfriend we're very glad about the great news! it was so quick that we still can't believe that i'm leaving Manila next weekend! :Jump:.ooh time to party! Just in time for summer!

Meadows
25th March 2011, 16:50
oh have u got your visA? was it fiancess visa :D..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Derbyprincess
25th March 2011, 16:50
Hey that's brilliant :D
Praise God.
How did you obtain your visit visa and what did you do to apply? My mahal plans to come early next year and me and her sister are helping her.
Please provide a list of what you had to submit.
I'm so pleased for you.

hey Nick! cheers! it's so nice of u :)

First of, you're right I thank God for this blessing!, i applied for a general visa (short visit visa) maximum 6 months. ..my bf is my sponsor & my main purpose of travel is just for leisure & tour around England & the rest of the UK, I made that clear on my cover letter ( i tried to write as much cover letters for each supporting documents that I submitted; my bf provided a letter of invitation; a copy of his Bank Statement; Mortgage statement(for his house); a letter from his company for his employment reference:)

I included a copy of my Bank statements & a Bank Certificate; a copy of someof our photos here & the UK together ( I was in the UK before as a student); a copy of our continuous communication via Facebook ( I printed someof them)

it will be a pleasure to add moreinformations should u have any. I will be pleased to help!:)

Goodluck to you & your mahal! :Jump:

Nick30
25th March 2011, 16:54
Thanks so much Chel :D

How much do you or the sponsor have to have in your bank statement?
Urs's sister is self employed should that matter?

Derbyprincess
25th March 2011, 17:01
oh have u got your visA? was it fiancess visa :D..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

hello meadows! no, it's not fiancee yet, it's a general visit visa :)

Arthur Little
25th March 2011, 17:07
Hello everyone! i got my visa already! it took at least 3 working days to reach me via 2GO courier. Thanks so muchfor all the help,greatly appreciated, now i'm bound back to Derbyshire!!! wicked! :Jump::Jump::Jump:

:) GREAT news, Chel :BouncyHappy: ... I happened to be out all morning, so this is the first chance I've had to congratulate you personally. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Derbyprincess
25th March 2011, 17:08
Thanks so much Chel :D

How much do you or the sponsor have to have in your bank statement?
Urs's sister is self employed should that matter?

Hey Nick, with regards to how much you or your mahal have got in your account, honestly I don't have an idea but I think it will be safe if both of you have an account. In my case, since i still have my UK account & a Philippines one, I just show evidence of it, around GBP 1,600 for my Lloyds & Php 50,000 only for my local one. But i don't know if it needs more than that.

For Urs's sister, if she's self-employed, again, it's evidence they want to see that she can accommodate the guest :)

She might have a business under her name which might help as her asset/income.

Derbyprincess
25th March 2011, 17:11
:) GREAT news, Chel :BouncyHappy: ... I happened to be out all morning, so this is the first chance I've had to congratulate you personally. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

oh hello Mr. Arthur! I bet you just can't resist the sunshine aren't you? I heard it's been great weather these past few days :icon_lol:

Thanks! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Nick30
25th March 2011, 18:11
Thank you so much Chel. Sorry I wrote on your wall. I didn't know there was another page.
Yes it's evidence of how much she has to support her for two weeks. :)

Meadows
25th March 2011, 19:39
hello meadows! no, it's not fiancee yet, it's a general visit visa :)

really good news..welcome to the UK againsoon:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Nick30
28th March 2011, 13:02
hey Nick! cheers! it's so nice of u :)

First of, you're right I thank God for this blessing!, i applied for a general visa (short visit visa) maximum 6 months. ..my bf is my sponsor & my main purpose of travel is just for leisure & tour around England & the rest of the UK, I made that clear on my cover letter ( i tried to write as much cover letters for each supporting documents that I submitted; my bf provided a letter of invitation; a copy of his Bank Statement; Mortgage statement(for his house); a letter from his company for his employment reference:)

I included a copy of my Bank statements & a Bank Certificate; a copy of someof our photos here & the UK together ( I was in the UK before as a student); a copy of our continuous communication via Facebook ( I printed someof them)

it will be a pleasure to add moreinformations should u have any. I will be pleased to help!:)

Goodluck to you & your mahal! :Jump:

Hey Chel,

Just a query of to what cover letters you wrote.
Thanks so much for all your help.

Derbyprincess
1st April 2011, 02:32
really good news..welcome to the UK againsoon:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Oh thanks Meadows! :Wave:

Derbyprincess
1st April 2011, 02:32
Hey Chel,

Just a query of to what cover letters you wrote.
Thanks so much for all your help.

hey Nick! been packing my stuffs up so i'm a little late for this reply! I will refer to your question regarding the cover letters i sent them. Actually, it's composed of my own words on how i got this & that evidence like for example, i have a copy of my Bank Statement, I explained why i have that account & where the money is coming from. I have a letter for our photos (me & my bf plus families) sharing them stories about the trips we've had for the past year. .. plus it might be of help to check this link, http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/...ingdocsvisituk all the best Nick! :)

Derbyprincess
1st April 2011, 02:34
heloo Nick! about the original documents & photocopies that you want to submit, i reckon you should be okay, do you have any other documents that aren't written in English & you need to translate those? if you don't have any, then you don't have to worry about the translation stuffs. I know,there are loads of guidances to read & i must admit, i really have to print some of them just to be able to absorb evertything! don't worry you will get to a point where everything is in place. Oh yeah, I suggest, print the guidelines for supporting documents as for your reference everytime you gather important papers, that way, you can be confident that you don't miss a single thing:)

Nick30
1st April 2011, 11:13
heloo Nick! about the original documents & photocopies that you want to submit, i reckon you should be okay, do you have any other documents that aren't written in English & you need to translate those? if you don't have any, then you don't have to worry about the translation stuffs. I know,there are loads of guidances to read & i must admit, i really have to print some of them just to be able to absorb evertything! don't worry you will get to a point where everything is in place. Oh yeah, I suggest, print the guidelines for supporting documents as for your reference everytime you gather important papers, that way, you can be confident that you don't miss a single thing:)

Thanks for all your kind help Chel :D We're so confident about this and it's all thanks to you, Arthur and the very friendly people on here and of course God. It's a blessing for this very friendly site too :D
My mahal is away on annual leave for a month in the Phils so she's having time with her family for a month then she comes back to Kuwait in 4 weeks. :)

Nick30
3rd April 2011, 18:28
Another question!

Did you have to provide an itinerary for the 6 month general visit visa?
If so what did you have to do?

Derbyprincess
23rd April 2011, 22:13
Another question!

Did you have to provide an itinerary for the 6 month general visit visa?
If so what did you have to do?

hey Nick, hope u alright, sorry mate, been very busy from the day i came back here in England. ..family affairs :) As for the last question u had, i didn't had any itinerary with regards to my stay here, like a list for example, but in my boyfriends sponsor letter, he made a point to mention a few of the places we are planning to visit for the visa duration. hope that might help you in any way! :Wave:

Nick30
24th April 2011, 00:20
Thanks Chell :)
Please pray for me and Ursula.

Derbyprincess
1st May 2011, 22:50
Thanks Chell :)
Please pray for me and Ursula.

will do mate definitely :)

Nick30
2nd May 2011, 10:22
Thanks Chelle :) We're excited about this.

Derbyprincess
20th May 2011, 22:52
Thanks Chelle :) We're excited about this.

How's it going mate? :)

Nick30
21st May 2011, 10:03
It's going very well thanks Chelle. She will apply for the family visit visa in August. Please pray for us. :)

Derbyprincess
21st May 2011, 14:26
It's going very well thanks Chelle. She will apply for the family visit visa in August. Please pray for us. :)

Sounds like a good plan there Nick! August, that's very quick, time flies! All the best to you and Ursula :)

Nick30
21st May 2011, 16:12
Thanks Chell :):)