PDA

View Full Version : Road from Gensan to Davao

George David B
20th March 2011, 01:07
Can someone help me please ? I'm told that the main road from Gensan to Davao is closed at the moment because of subsidence/landslide. Is this correct, and does anyone have any news about when the road is likely to reopen ? Any information will be very welcome. Thank you.

Tawi2
20th March 2011, 01:20
Might well be though they generally keep that road open,most likely the part up near "Cliffhangers",seen several mud-slides there in the past,I have a mate who does that road several times a week,will give him a bell in the morning and ask:)

Tawi2
20th March 2011, 10:00
Road is open George,its the main artery twixt Davao and Gensan so its in their best interests to keep it that way,was closed for a day last month due to landslides however,my mate travelled it three days back and is using it again on the morrow:)Nice road,enjoy the trip,first of the army roadblocks going from Davao is just past Toril.

George David B
20th March 2011, 15:41
Tawi2, thank you very much for your time and trouble, I am most grateful for the information. It's obviously an important road, so it seemed strange that it should be closed for a long time. Many thanks and best wishes, David