PDA

View Full Version : where in the phils

stevewool
20th March 2011, 10:52
just wondering with so many beautiful places to be, flying or by car or walking where do you think is the beautiful places that you would love to go to for a few days or a few weeks money no object, i would love to do island touring the small coves and just swim and eat on the beach then move onto the next a few days later, whats yours

Englishman2010
20th March 2011, 10:58
I don't think you need money to enjoy the Phil's Steve. It is the Filipino people who make the Philippines special. I've had just as much fun at a poor villagers beach picnic as I have ever had at a luxurious resort, actually more fun, because there's no pretence with ordinary people

Tawi2
20th March 2011, 11:03
Wouldnt mind having a RIB to go island hopping around the visayas or further south,taking the odd trip across to turtle islands or the sabah coast,would be a great life for a couple of months:)

stevewool
20th March 2011, 11:05
thats so true Ian, i am trying to have a few days away just me and em when we are there but with so much i would like to do where do you start, bohal, palawan,coron, love to be near the mayon volcano just to see it i think would be fantastic, but also be nice to just sit and watch the world go by too

Englishman2010
20th March 2011, 11:12
There are so many great places Steve, all will be special if you're with your mahal. Bohol and Palawan are beautiful, I'm off to Coron later this year and Tawi mentioned Sabah, I'll be there in a few weeks too:D I agree it is nice to sometimes just sit and relax and watch the world go by:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
20th March 2011, 13:26
Well Steve, just based on what you said about beautiful places and island hopping my choice would be Palawan.

Even though I've never yet been there it's at number 1 on my bucket list and I've done tons of reasearch.

Apart from Palawan itself, there are also the Calamianes Islands to explore....(Busuanga,Calauit,Coron and Culion Island + loads more smaller ones)

I've read somewhere that Palawan comprises over 1780 islands, I don't know how many are inhabited or how many can be easily reached, but that for me would be half the fun.

I've learned that Palawan and the islands can offer many rocky coves, caves, coral reefs, fine sandy white beaches, clear azure waters, virgin rain forests, mangroves and mountains. (What more could we ask for....... except for an ice cold beer:D)

Now given that money would be no object, I could base myself at Amanpulo Resort on Pamalican Island. Supposedly the most expensive, most lururious and most exclusive resort in the Philippines.

The only two remaining questions Steve, when do we go and how long to stay? :)

stevewool
20th March 2011, 13:43
i must admit there terpe , just what you have added is my sort of place to be, i have read lots on the calamianes and that is where i think shall be our holiday next jan, maybe a week or more, and the flight to busuanga from manila is very cheap too, so the dates are jan 2012 and the places are calamianes,:) see you there

Terpe
20th March 2011, 14:13
Steve, take a look here:-
http://www.wowphilippines.co.uk/data/upload/fck/Palawan%20Pdf.pdf

Especially take a look at page 3

Englishman2010
20th March 2011, 15:17
Steve, I'll be in Busuanga from Jan 3rd till 11th if you do book:xxgrinning--00xx3: