PDA

View Full Version : Tuba

lordna
20th March 2011, 18:54
Anyone know where i can get Tuba in the UK?

Englishman2010
20th March 2011, 19:34
Try a brass band:D:icon_lol:

stevewool
20th March 2011, 20:29
tuba is a plant aint it

Englishman2010
20th March 2011, 20:41
tuba is a plant aint it

Thats a tulip Steve:icon_lol:

or do you mean a tuber, like a potato:D

Terpe
20th March 2011, 21:05
Hi there lordna,
What an interesting question. How do you know about Tuba?
Why on earth would you want to buy it here in UK?

You cannot buy natural Tuba in UK. It's often difficult to buy in Philippines.

In case you did not know, Tuba is a drink made from the sap from the unopened coconut flower.
When first collected it is quite sweet and non-alcoholic.
If left, it will ferment naturally within 4-24 hours , certainly in less than 36 hours it will become a mildly alcoholic drink.
Tuba will become extremely sour and almost undrinkable if left much longer. So you need to drink it quite fresh.
If you leave it long enough, maybe 8 weeks or more, it will become the most wonderful organic vinegar.

Hope this answers your question.

Now if you want to buy Lambanog, that's a different question.:D
If you don't know about Lambanog, please google. It's fantasic :xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
21st March 2011, 02:49
Terpe.. You can buy fresh Buko juice in cartons now in Manila.. They have found a way to get it into a carton and sealed before the air contaminates it..
Im certain the same could be done with tuba and could be shipped to just about anywhere..
This time next year Rodney....This time next year!

malditako
21st March 2011, 07:41
tuba can be from other sources other than coconut,,it could be from sugarcane or "sasa" plant that grows in river side and swamp place in phils.,,,most provinces in central luzon tuba comes from "sasa" plant.

Meadows
22nd March 2011, 15:48
tuba or bahal is vey nice alternative for beer:D:yikes::xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
22nd March 2011, 16:01
Tuba

Palm Wine or Palm toddy is made using the sap of various species of a palm tree,..haven't seen in any big shops here in the UK but try the Paki shops.

Arthur Little
22nd March 2011, 16:09
In case you did not know, Tuba is a drink made from the sap from the unopened coconut flower.
If left, it will ferment naturally within 4-24 hours , certainly in less than 36 hours it will become a mildly alcoholic drink.
Tuba will become extremely sour and almost undrinkable if left much longer. So you need to drink it quite fresh.
If you leave it long enough, maybe 8 weeks or more, it will become the most wonderful organic vinegar.

It certainly answers mine :rolleyes: ... kinda like cider, is it!?

fred
23rd March 2011, 00:05
kinda like cider, is it!?
:icon_lol:

Absolutely nothing like cider Arthur.
Nothing that I can think to compare it with really..
Best to drink it an hour after it comes out of the tree whilst it is sweet.. Leave it till afternoon and you with be drinking it with a 100 flies as the smell and taste are disgusting.

imagine
23rd March 2011, 00:17
mines a scotch, cant beat a good malt whisky , :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
23rd March 2011, 00:19
mines a scotch, cant beat a good malt whisky,,,,,,, a wee nip, :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ops im seeing double already

Tawi2
23rd March 2011, 12:11
Smells like sour paintstripper:Cuckoo:I knew someone who used to make a Tuba/chocolate type drink,probably tasted like sour paintstripper with chocolate added:Erm:

branno
10th April 2011, 17:26
Hi there lordna,
What an interesting question. How do you know about Tuba?
Why on earth would you want to buy it here in UK?

You cannot buy natural Tuba in UK. It's often difficult to buy in Philippines.

Now if you want to buy Lambanog, that's a different question.:D
If you don't know about Lambanog, please google. It's fantasic :xxgrinning--00xx3:

i bought a small bottle of lambanog in manila airoprt, the shop placed it in a sealed clear bag.. when i arrived at schipol airport it was confiscated by the security.. i asked why.. they sed its from outside the eu... agghhh