PDA

View Full Version : New English language testing for partners??

Meadows
22nd March 2011, 22:00
apologize but am newbie here and have post a question in loose and off topic one good member has answer me though:) but am creating a new thread to hear some more advice and to those who is in the same situation:) i came here in the UK on a 2 year spouse visa been here since 20th of May 2010 and hopefully by the year 2012 to be able to apply for ILR:rolleyes: and as i came to one thread here about New English language testing for partners..am bit worried:cwm24::Erm: if it applied to my situation:rolleyes: any advice ..thank you:Wave:

Meadows
22nd March 2011, 22:02
oh in addition weve been married in PH since 2006 and only last year that we decide to settle here :)

joebloggs
23rd March 2011, 07:57
only those who need to apply for flr or a settlement visa need to take the test
you dont need to, to apply for ilr :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Meadows
23rd March 2011, 09:32
only those who need to apply for flr or a settlement visa need to take the test
you dont need to, to apply for ilr :xxgrinning--00xx3:

hmm .i quite dont get that i came here in the UK with a 2 year spouse visa been here since 20th of May 2010 been married to Philippines since 2006 and the said spouse visa will expire next year 2012:cwm24: so after that i need to apply for ILR :Erm: IF AM CORRECT but as i go to the thread here about New English language testing for partners:cwm24:
and i was wondering if it applied to my situation do i need to take it :cwm3: as what i know the test in the "life of the UK " is compulsary:)
any more advice pls..thanks:Wave:

joebloggs
23rd March 2011, 11:58
no, you need to take the 'life in uk test' before you apply for ILR, but not the english language test.

Meadows
23rd March 2011, 12:09
from the bottom of my heart:D thanks for the replied :) Joebloggs:) :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Meadows
23rd March 2011, 12:15
so after i applied ILR and aftera year am i qualified to apply for citizenship on that time frame:rolleyes:

Terpe
23rd March 2011, 12:46
so after i applied ILR and aftera year am i qualified to apply for citizenship on that time frame:rolleyes:

If you are considering Naturalisation (British Citizenship) I suggest you take a quick review of the requirements, guidance notes and application form as there is some information that will impact you now.:)
Take a quick look here:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/nationality/an

Meadows
23rd March 2011, 12:55
omg:yikes: help me whats this all again now new rules again..i may lost hope :( or i may just in the stage of ILR and go home :( :rolleyes: to ph..:angry::cwm3:

Terpe
23rd March 2011, 13:03
omg:yikes: help me whats this all again now new rules again..i may lost hope :( or i may just in the stage of ILR and go home :( :rolleyes: to ph..:angry::cwm3:

Don't panic. I was just being lighthearted :rolleyes:
There is no requirement or regulation for Naturalisation (however there is a hefty price :D )
But seriously, there are restrictions on absences from UK that go back 3 years for a spouse and 5 years for a non-spouse (from application).
So if you would apply in 3 years time then you would need to be aware of these restrictions now. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Meadows
23rd March 2011, 13:08
Don't panic. I was just being lighthearted :rolleyes:
There is no requirement or regulation for Naturalisation (however there is a hefty price :D )
But seriously, there are restrictions on absences from UK that go back 3 years for a spouse and 5 years for a non-spouse (from application).
So if you would apply in 3 years time then you would need to be aware of these restrictions now. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

oh i see:D now i could breath i ws feeling heart pumping fastly good to know:xxgrinning--00xx3: and really thanks for the awareness and yes i will rem that restriction;)

cheers Terpe :xxgrinning--00xx3: