PDA

View Full Version : why come here

shrek48
23rd March 2011, 19:05
why would anyone want to come to this crap country. I know we are better off than some but we ar rapidly becoming a third world country which rips its people off at every opportunity. and if theres no opportunity they make a law so they can justify ripping us off. eg hastings insurance wanted £35 to send me an e mail with my insurance cert attached so i could tax the car!!!!!!!
rented my place out to move with my job and rent down here to find the rent i get (which does not cover the mortgage)is taxable I get £525 tax man wants £100 of it.
on the bright side they have give us a whole penny off the fuel and not put the outrageous tax planned for april on it. wow thanks.
next breathing will be taxed :cwm23:
:olddude:

stevewool
23rd March 2011, 20:14
and heres me thinking you would be a happy person in your new merc and with cheaper fuel too, :icon_lol::icon_lol:

KeithD
23rd March 2011, 20:51
Shrek.... Dedworth's hacked your account and made a post :icon_lol:

Ako Si Jamie
23rd March 2011, 21:11
I know what you mean Shrek! It seems nowadays there are more & more greedy companies getting away with thieving from their customers. Only today I was speaking to a fella who went to Oz in January. He hired a car from Avis and during the time he had it, one of the tyres was punctured and they've sent him a bill for approx £300 for a replacement tyre. :NoNo:

Englishman2010
23rd March 2011, 21:20
rented my place out to move with my job and rent down here to find the rent i get (which does not cover the mortgage)is taxable I get £525 tax man wants £100 of it.
:

I'd check that Ash. If you are renting a property out you can offset a variety of costs as legitimate business expenses:
All mortgage interest
Property insurance
Letting management company charges
Cost of any maintenance
Accountancy fees
Cost of any replacement furnishings and carpets

I have rental properties and have never paid any tax on the rental income. During periods of higher interest rates I was making a loss after all expenses were taken into account, and even though I am making a small profit now, I am able to offset the current profits against previous years losses.

If I were you, I would seek professional advice:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
24th March 2011, 08:33
Hi Ash,
Maybe this will help you with your rental issue:-
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/Taxes/TaxOnPropertyAndRentalIncome/DG_10013435

gWaPito
24th March 2011, 17:39
why would anyone want to come to this crap country. I know we are better off than some but we ar rapidly becoming a third world country which rips its people off at every opportunity. and if theres no opportunity they make a law so they can justify ripping us off. eg hastings insurance wanted £35 to send me an e mail with my insurance cert attached so i could tax the car!!!!!!!
on the bright side they have give us a whole penny off the fuel and not put the outrageous tax planned for april on it. wow thanks.
next breathing will be taxed :cwm23:

Best pose that question to the millions of people wanting to live here :NoNo:

As for Great Britain fast becoming a third world county, a slight exaggeration me thinks.

Great Britain . I love it :D

Tawi2
24th March 2011, 19:16
I love it
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
24th March 2011, 19:28
Best pose that question to the millions of people wanting to live here :NoNo:

As for Great Britain fast becoming a third world county, a slight exaggeration me thinks.

Great Britain . I love it :D

Me too gwap i personally wouldn't live anywhere else im too patriotic i suppose :xxgrinning--00xx3:

shrek48
24th March 2011, 19:45
thanks englishman 2010 will check that out.
as i said i no we are better off than a lot of countries but no one can deny we are getting worse off by the day and with stuff like the pension age rising etc it does not look good. i am happy with my car and my life in general but am very concerned with the way its going. for example my pay bracket we are expected to be £750 a year worse off cos of this budget, and again i understand the need for it. but it hits ordinary people so hard when greed in our so called banks and big commercial companies!! whinge over:xxgrinning--00xx3:
bloody car is way cooland the sun has shone every day so far :D