PDA

View Full Version : No record of wife's name??

steve monty
24th March 2011, 08:06
Hi everyone,

my wife went to pick up our marriage certificate from the NSO today. There was a problem that they didn't have any record of her name? i don't really understand, :Erm: (too early in the morning) :D but to me seems to me a big problem!!

I'm sure she had to get new birth certificate from NSO before our marriage. Do you know if:

1. Does this have an implication on our spousal visa?

2. How dow myself and my wife rectify the problem?

Sorry only a short post, got to get going to work! have a great day everyone!

johncar54
24th March 2011, 08:54
Steve, just guessing but I would think that if the notification of the marriage has not reached NSO then they would have no record of. It would seem that it cannot be they don't have any records of your wife because, as you said, she got the copy Birth Cert.

We collected the notice from the Registrar's office of the town hall and sent it by courier (LBC) to speed things up.

steve monty
24th March 2011, 14:05
Steve, just guessing but I would think that if the notification of the marriage has not reached NSO then they would have no record of. It would seem that it cannot be they don't have any records of your wife because, as you said, she got the copy Birth Cert.

We collected the notice from the Registrar's office of the town hall and sent it by courier (LBC) to speed things up.

How long does it take for the notification of marriage to reach NSO? We had a church wedding instead of civil wedding (don't know if that makes a difference) on the 20th of December and still no record. to make matters worse they spelt my wife's name wrong this time. My wife has paid twice now and will have to pay for a third time when she goes back again.

Are we doing it wrong? it's starting to frustrate me now as they said it will take two months to process and keep saying come back and spend money for nothing.

johncar54
24th March 2011, 14:16
It would seem that something has gone astray.

I would think that the best thing to do is back track.

I would start at the church and find out how the system works.

It's maybe that the docs go to the Registrars office in the town hall but until you ask you will not know.

When you discover what the church did you can follow the paper trail and see where the document is.

Maybe someone who married in a church can help. We had a garden wedding (5th anniversary today) so it was the mayor who married us. The next day we went to the registrars office and collected the notification which as I said we sent to the NSO. I think we collected the copy from NSO in about three weeks. I know we got it 'rushed through' as it normally takes longer.

Good Luck

steve monty
24th March 2011, 16:18
We had a garden wedding (5th anniversary today)

Happy Anniversary!!! Sorry to disturb you on your special day :D I hope you have a great day! :anni-vi:

steve monty
24th March 2011, 16:19
Thanks for your help also johncar54, will get on the paper trail, see where it has ended up.

johncar54
24th March 2011, 16:21
Happy Anniversary!!! Sorry to disturb you on your special day :D I hope you have a great day! :anni-vi:

Thanks Steve, every day ( well lets be real, almost every) I am happier and happier that I change my mind on my 'never again get married' idea.

keithAngel
24th March 2011, 18:31
Steve the way the system works is when you got married there are four copies you signed We took them to the registra who stamps them

One copy remains there one goes to the NSO from the registra, we paid an extra hundred piso for a taxi:doh to get it to the NSO for fast on the system

One copy goes back to the Priest who made the 4 origionals you signed and the last with the registras stamp on should be with you

If it failed to get to the NSO and it can take 3-6 months shouldnt though then I would get your Missus back to the registra with your copy and a couple of photo copies and see what they say

In our case Cebu we registered on 1st March and were told by the NSO (called them) that it was on the system so we ordered 4 copies on the 21st and should get them on the 31st:xxgrinning--00xx3:

steve monty
24th March 2011, 22:39
Nice one cheers Keith! If i remember correctly you got married 14 Febuary (congratulations) and you are receiving on the 31 March, there something is not quite right in our case. I will ask Madel to get to the church and town hall to see where it has gone. Thanks again!

malditako
24th March 2011, 22:53
normally takes up to 4 months to get register to the NSO all records coming from the municipalities although it depends how fast the one who do ceremony and the staff in the municipal office...

steve monty
25th March 2011, 00:13
normally takes up to 4 months to get register to the NSO all records coming from the municipalities although it depends how fast the one who do ceremony and the staff in the municipal office...

Thanks gparry, my main worry was that it was lost in the system. Its nice to find out a time frame as to how long it takes. Hopefully it will be sorted out soon as Madel says there is a long wait for new passports and she wants change to married name. I was hoping to apply for spousal visa in june. Thanks again!

steve monty
25th March 2011, 01:54
Steve the way the system works is when you got married there are four copies you signed We took them to the registra who stamps them

One copy remains there one goes to the NSO from the registra, we paid an extra hundred piso for a taxi:doh to get it to the NSO for fast on the system

One copy goes back to the Priest who made the 4 origionals you signed and the last with the registras stamp on should be with you

If it failed to get to the NSO and it can take 3-6 months shouldnt though then I would get your Missus back to the registra with your copy and a couple of photo copies and see what they say

In our case Cebu we registered on 1st March and were told by the NSO (called them) that it was on the system so we ordered 4 copies on the 21st and should get them on the 31st:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Keith, I just got off the phone to mahal. She said she got LBC tracking number of the papers sent from registrar to NSO Manila, I checked that and and said it arrived on the 25th Febuary.

When you called the NSO, was it the local NSO office or the office in Manila? It maybe the case that the NSO messed up the last time by getting my wife's maiden name wrong? but was actually on the system.

keithAngel
25th March 2011, 04:08
No ours went from the registra in Cebu City to the NSO also in Cebu and it was them we phoned:xxgrinning--00xx3:

We also had a problem with the forms the Minister made and had to get him to redo them but luckily, touch wood that was it