PDA

View Full Version : one way flight

poss30
26th March 2011, 13:08
sorry if there is a thread on this.i tried search but couldnt find anything. my fiance picks up her application on monday and if it was successful can i get her a 1-way flight to the uk? ive heard about problems with immigration at NAIA about filipia's with only a 1-way flight even though they have settlement visa. does anybody know if this is true?

Queenbee
26th March 2011, 14:38
Im asking the same question.Just got my visa yesterday and will be flying next week...

poss30
26th March 2011, 14:57
hey congrats on getting your visa queenbee :). The only story i heard was with an english guy and his filipina wife. She already had a settlement visa and she had lived in the UK for nearly a year. They went back to philippines for a month to buy some land to build a house.

when they went to NAIA to fly back to the UK they refused her because she had 1-way ticket.They did get it fixed and she was allowed to fly but i think that was because he was there to help.

cessxy
26th March 2011, 15:24
I dont get any problem when Im about to leave Manila. I just show to them my passport, Iterinary and pay the traveling tax. You will be fine :)

johncar54
26th March 2011, 17:18
In effect anyone who flies to RP on a return ticket has a single to return on. I really can't think that when a person has a settlement visa (family reunification for Schengen Area) that there can be any problem.

keithAngel
26th March 2011, 18:08
Im looking for Sep here found £250 one way make sure she has her cfo sticker:xxgrinning--00xx3:

poss30
26th March 2011, 21:57
£250 :yikes: who's that with keith. i have to go with klm because she wants me to meet her at schipol and looking on there site its $1565/£976 return ir $1151/£717 one way. this is 2nd fiance visa we have applied for so if cfo sticker is for life she has that one(presuming its for life there is no date on it).

so its safe to get a one way flight then?

keithAngel
27th March 2011, 06:46
Sorry thi link didnt post 7th of april £280 Aero flot all these are Hong Kong Heathrow

next 350 several and 400+

http://www.zugu.co.uk/flights/from-Hong-Kong-City/to-London/departing-07-April-2011/1/0/0

cant see what the problem would be unless they say "what if it goes wrong and you dont get married"? its not a setlement visa per say?:xxgrinning--00xx3:

One way round would be buy another single full price fully refundable to come back to the Phils when the 6 months visa is up and then after she arrives refund it back to your card Brilliant huh:D

Arthur Little
27th March 2011, 07:39
sorry if there is a thread on this.i tried search but couldnt find anything. my fiance picks up her application on monday and if it was successful can i get her a 1-way flight to the uk? ive heard about problems with immigration at NAIA about filipia's with only a 1-way flight even though they have settlement visa. does anybody know if this is true?

:anerikke: ... can't really foresee why it wouldn't be possible :NoNo: - as long as she has the CFO sticker! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

keithAngel
27th March 2011, 08:23
Also dont forget the A1 English test certificate if she hasnt got it sort it in the UK as quickly as possible as Im sure you know you need it for a spouse settlement visa but unless im wrong not for a fiance visa?? guys?:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
27th March 2011, 08:41
Also dont forget the A1 English test certificate if she hasnt got it sort it in the UK as quickly as possible as Im sure you know you need it for a spouse settlement visa but unless im wrong not for a fiance visa?? guys? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'd have thought she would've ALREADY passed it ... given that her visa has been processed. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

poss30
27th March 2011, 11:05
Also dont forget the A1 English test certificate if she hasnt got it sort it in the UK as quickly as possible as Im sure you know you need it for a spouse settlement visa but unless im wrong not for a fiance visa?? guys?:xxgrinning--00xx3:

she has it mate. you definately need it for fiance visa

poss30
27th March 2011, 11:06
thanks for the help people. think ill go for the single.i have better things to spend £250 on :xxgrinning--00xx3:

keithAngel
27th March 2011, 16:15
All the best Poss:xxgrinning--00xx3:

poss30
27th March 2011, 16:22

cheers keith :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
27th March 2011, 16:30

Keith have you found out if you and/or your wife needs Comprehensive Sickness Insurance.?

keithAngel
27th March 2011, 18:32
I know i dont except in so far as to subscribe to the local one fortunatly a young missus and our daughter shouldnt be to bad to insure:)