PDA

View Full Version : Filipino Community in Fraserburgh

lalyn1018
27th March 2011, 22:41
Hi, I have been here for more than a year now. I live in St. Combs, Fraserburgh with my Scottish husband and our 5-month old baby. Most of my acquaintances are locals, I only know about 2 Filipinos from church and I don't even see them that much. So, here goes...are there (is there?) any Filipino community (ies) that I could probably join in sometime, like gathering or something here in Fraserburgh? Uhm, family-ish communities i would say, not fishermen community..no offence intended but fishermen are mostly guys kasi..just want to be able to hang out with other Filipino women or mums even. Thanks guys xxx

Caroline
27th March 2011, 23:09
hi Lalyn, im a filipina living here in inverness with my scottish husband and 11 yr old boy, i think u live at about over an hour from here, maybe we could meet if u ever in inverness, how do u enjoy scotland? take care.

imagine
28th March 2011, 01:03
iv lived here in mintlaw,over 20 yrs but iv never heard of there being a filipina community in this area,only the polish, but thats no good to you,if i hear of anything il let you know :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
28th March 2011, 06:48
maybe this will help aberdeen you may find some contacts from here,
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Filipino-Community-of-Aberdeen-Scotland/149968938346751

stevie c
28th March 2011, 09:39
HI Lalyn welcome to this friendly forum soory i cant help you in search of a filipino community there in fraserburgh :Wave:

mikey73
28th March 2011, 11:18
Hi, I have been here for more than a year now. I live in St. Combs, Fraserburgh with my Scottish husband and our 5-month old baby. Most of my acquaintances are locals, I only know about 2 Filipinos from church and I don't even see them that much. So, here goes...are there (is there?) any Filipino community (ies) that I could probably join in sometime, like gathering or something here in Fraserburgh? Uhm, family-ish communities i would say, not fishermen community..no offence intended but fishermen are mostly guys kasi..just want to be able to hang out with other Filipino women or mums even. Thanks guys xxx

hi Lalyn

i was brought up in inverallochy(the other side of the golf course from you), still have a flat in fraserburgh. i am up there every couple of weeks. i have seen a lot of filippino fishermen in fraserburgh and i have seen only a few filippinas there. goodluck in your search. :Hellooo:welcome to the forum:Hellooo:

Arthur Little
28th March 2011, 17:05

Hi, Lalyn ... :welcomex:! My son-in-law teaches in 'The Broch' - as it's known locally - at Fraserburgh Academy. I realise that doesn't help you, :NoNo: but stay tuned to this forum and you will soon find yourself making many online friends. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
28th March 2011, 17:20
iv lived here in mintlaw, over 20 yrs but iv never heard of there being a filipina community in this area,only the polish, but thats no good to you,if i hear of anything il let you know :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:cwm24: Wow ... Mintlaw, Stewart? It's only about a 15-minute car ride from New Deer, where my daughter and son-in-law have stayed since 1999!

imagine
29th March 2011, 00:32
:cwm24: Wow ... Mintlaw, Stewart? It's only about a 15-minute car ride from New Deer, where my daughter and son-in-law have stayed since 1999!

i ken biding almost next door

Arthur Little
29th March 2011, 02:47
i ken biding almost next door

Aye ... it's a sma' world we bide in, richt enough! :)

lalyn1018
30th March 2011, 15:16
Hi guys, thanks for your responses. We will be moving to Fraserburgh (center of town) soon and hopefully will get more chance to meet people (and bump into any kababayan!). Hoping to meet you sometime Caroline :)

Caroline
31st March 2011, 12:52
hope to meet u too lalyn, i wish theres a filipino community here in inverness too, i saw some filipina women here with their british partners but they seem not friendly even if i smile at them and say hello but they just ignore me :bigcry: feel sad bout coz i know that they r filipinas i heard them talking.But anyways...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Bluebirdjones
31st March 2011, 13:10
Arthur….
As our resident Caledonia expert, and sage on all things north of Hadrien’s Wall….

….. can you tell me….

…if a married woman north of the border decided to bestow her favours and affections on someone outside the marital nest, is this what's known as a Highland Fling ?

lalyn1018
1st April 2011, 11:04
Oh, that's too bad Caroline, I wonder what goes on in their heads! For me, it's always nice to know other Filipinas and wouldn't hesitate to smile back and perhaps even chat. Well then, whatever it is..it's their loss haha. Good luck to us xx

Arthur Little
2nd April 2011, 01:16
Arthur….
As our resident Caledonia expert, and sage on all things north of Hadrien’s Wall ….

Ah ... Marc ... thankyou kindly; :icon_sorry: ...

.... can you tell me….

…if a married woman north of the border decided to bestow her favours and affections on someone outside the marital nest, is this what's known as a Highland Fling ?

... you're near enough the "mark", BUT ... only if the affair's conducted north of Perth ...

Perth being known as "the Gateway to the Highlands"! :icon_lol: