PDA

View Full Version : how long do you have to leave for the uk when you get your visa?

gift
29th March 2011, 07:44
hi all,

i remembered reading something that you have only 28 days to leave for the UK when you get your visa?
i cant remember if i read it here or somewhere else.i didnt mind it before as i thought it wont be relevant for my daughter's case but looking at the cost of the whole journey for the five of us(my husband's return ticket from the UK,my 3 children and myself from the phil)it seems that we will need atleast more than a month or two to raise this funds.so we need to know how much time we will have as soon as we get the visa issued for my son and my daughter.of course, we have started raising the funds months ago but there's always unexpected costs so we havent reach our goal as yet but by God's grace....

thank you for the advices

joebloggs
29th March 2011, 07:56
what visa is it you have ??

if you have a spouse visa then it should be valid for 27 months, you need to be in the uk 23 months to be able to apply for ilr, so really you have 4 months to come to the uk, but leave within 3 months of the issue date and you shouldn't have any problems at all :rolleyes:

gift
30th March 2011, 05:18
what visa is it you have ??

if you have a spouse visa then it should be valid for 27 months, you need to be in the uk 23 months to be able to apply for ilr, so really you have 4 months to come to the uk, but leave within 3 months of the issue date and you shouldn't have any problems at all :rolleyes:

joe,
it will be for my daughter.i already have ilr but we are applying for my daughter very soon as we get all the documents required

joebloggs
30th March 2011, 05:48
then your daughter should get ILE as your dependent, and you can bring her anytime within 2yrs of the date the visa was issued. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gift
31st March 2011, 04:18
thanks joe:)