PDA

View Full Version : Registering Birth! Please help

Grace05
29th March 2011, 16:50
:Hellooo:
Hello Everyone! How are you?
Just need some help. I plan to register my 6 months old daughter to the philippine embassy in london in two weeks time. I am a Filipino and the father of my daughter is a British. She was born her in uk. Is it possible that she can have a dual pasport? or We will ended-up getting her a Visa to stay her in Uk until she will be 18th. Does it affect her nationality? We really don't know what to do. Anyone had an idea? We will be please if anyone can help. Thanks alot!!! xxx

keithAngel
29th March 2011, 19:22
She is British By Parent and Birthplace you will have to ask the Phils Embassy about the possability of her gaining Phillipino Nationality

It can be done by you if you become a UK citizen but I dont know about your daughter:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
29th March 2011, 21:03
your daughter doesn't need a visa to stay in the uk, she is a British citizen otherwise than by descent, also she can automatically pass on British citizenship to a child born outside the UK..

JimOttley
30th March 2011, 00:56
:Hellooo:
Hello Everyone! How are you?
Just need some help. I plan to register my 6 months old daughter to the philippine embassy in london in two weeks time. I am a Filipino and the father of my daughter is a British. She was born her in uk. Is it possible that she can have a dual pasport? or We will ended-up getting her a Visa to stay her in Uk until she will be 18th. Does it affect her nationality? We really don't know what to do. Anyone had an idea? We will be please if anyone can help. Thanks alot!!! xxx

Grace I have not done a detailed search but I think this comment I found probably covers it.

Under a legal rule known as jus sanguinis, any infant born of a Filipino parent or parents is a Filipino regardless of the place of birth.

Your daughter is certainly already British as Joe and Keith have said.

I had the opposite issue my daughter was born in the Philippines but we already have her British Citizenship, not easy but we got it :) She is already dual citizen. :)