PDA

View Full Version : LBC Balikbayan Box

jane2009
29th March 2011, 20:52
:Hi Everyone,
Anyone of you here tried to use LBC balikbayan box? How is it? How many weeks it takes? Is there anything need to be pay the receiver? Hope you could give me some idea...:)

many thanks

Steve.r
29th March 2011, 20:59
I have sent 2 boxes by them recently. They should turn up at our house in Phils in the next 2 weeks. They say about 5 to 6 weeks from Uk to your destination in Phils. I have not been told of any extra payment to receiver, I will be there when they turn up, so there better not be or I will kick up:xxaction-smiley-047
The boxes are good and strong, delivered to your door and picked up on shedule with their routes. I found that they were cheaper than many, but I reserve final judgement until I get the boxes at my house.
hth :)

jane2009
29th March 2011, 21:06
Thank you Sir, I called them this morning and found out they are more cheaper...They will deliver me a box tomorrow they said....Let us know when you can get your box....cheers

Steve.r
29th March 2011, 21:09
Thank you Sir, I called them this morning and found out they are more cheaper...They will deliver me a box tomorrow they said....Let us know when you can get your box....cheers

No problem. Take a look at this thread (click the link) I posted a photo of my boxes before I sent them.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/30241-How-much-tape..............?highlight=tape

steve monty
29th March 2011, 22:28
No problem. Take a look at this thread (click the link) I posted a photo of my boxes before I sent them.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/30241-How-much-tape..............?highlight=tape

Hi there Steve, looks like you done this a few times and i wondered if you could help me. I went to the LBC website and tried to get the cost to send two boxes but it said price at the bottom? Is that the total cost of the things being sent??? I tried to not answer and went straight to compute but nothing happened. I wasn't sure what is supposed to be put in the price box. :Erm:

Steve.r
29th March 2011, 22:36
Hi there Steve, looks like you done this a few times and i wondered if you could help me. I went to the LBC website and tried to get the cost to send two boxes but it said price at the bottom? Is that the total cost of the things being sent??? I tried to not answer and went straight to compute but nothing happened. I wasn't sure what is supposed to be put in the price box. :Erm:

Hi Steve, yes, their website sucks!! I called them and asked how much from my door to the door of our house in Bongabon. It can be different if you send to other islands or down south. As I am in Nueva Ecija, for the 2 boxes it cost me £120 should have been £140, but I think they mis-calculated, but even at £140, it is a great price. There was no weight limit on the boxes, one of mine had a shed load of tools in, I think the only limit is the strength of the box and your wraping tape and the guy who picks it up and puts it on the truck.
When you call them they will deliver the boxes, £7 deposit on each, and you can arrange pick up by calling the main office. Quite a simple process, this was my first time actually, so all went well this end, I hope it goes well at the other end too. :)

Steve.r
29th March 2011, 22:41
To add to that post above, I also lined my boxes with some 3mm thick hardboard, cut to fit the insides of the box. It didnt give much 'extra' strength as such, but does stop the box being damaged or the things inside being damaged just in case something happens. The hardboard was only something like £3.50 for an 8' x 4' sheet (needed 2 sheets) in B&Q and they cut to size on their gurt cutting machine.

jane2009
8th April 2011, 20:27
I have sent 2 boxes by them recently. They should turn up at our house in Phils in the next 2 weeks. They say about 5 to 6 weeks from Uk to your destination in Phils. I have not been told of any extra payment to receiver, I will be there when they turn up, so there better not be or I will kick up:xxaction-smiley-047
The boxes are good and strong, delivered to your door and picked up on shedule with their routes. I found that they were cheaper than many, but I reserve final judgement until I get the boxes at my house.
hth :)

Sir, please let us know when they receive your box because i have a friends said that lbc it take 3months the package to arrived in the philippines...So maybe i will wait your updates before i send mind...thanks sir

branno
8th April 2011, 21:05
may i enquire as to how one sends a parcel from the phils to the uk... ? cheapest way possible plz..

sars_notd_virus
8th April 2011, 21:18
Sir, please let us know when they receive your box because i have a friends said that lbc it take 3months the package to arrived in the philippines...So maybe i will wait your updates before i send mind...thanks sir

with LBC , it took about 6weeks to arrive in Manila

sars_notd_virus
8th April 2011, 21:20
may i enquire as to how one sends a parcel from the phils to the uk... ? cheapest way possible plz..

I just use the local post office , the parcel usually arrives in the uk 10-12days,very quick and very cheap:xxgrinning--00xx3:

jane2009
8th April 2011, 21:49
with LBC , it took about 6weeks to arrive in Manila

Hi, Have you tried LBC before? So probably it takes more or less 10weeks going to davao city?:NoNo::NoNo:

branno
8th April 2011, 21:56
I just use the local post office , the parcel usually arrives in the uk 10-12days,very quick and very cheap:xxgrinning--00xx3:

cheers sars.. but im enquiring about a 50 kilo parcel .. :) im not in a hurry for how long it takes as long as it arrives safely.. :)

sars_notd_virus
9th April 2011, 08:07
Hi, Have you tried LBC before? So probably it takes more or less 10weeks going to davao city?:NoNo::NoNo:

Yes, Ive use LBC before...the only good thing is that I also have a family/relative in Manila ... I send them the box ,works cheaper,arrives quickly and my Mum usually picks it up from our relatives and ship it to the province.

cheers sars.. but im enquiring about a 50 kilo parcel .. :) im not in a hurry for how long it takes as long as it arrives safely.. :)

alright,...try the local phil post office branno ...cheers!!

jane2009
9th April 2011, 09:36
thank you so much sars.....:icon_lol:

halo-halo
10th June 2011, 02:41
Hi All,

Try Forex Cargo UK. Its tested and reliable for 15 years in sending balikbayan boxes to Phils.
You can also track your box online once it has been shipped from UK. No weight limit. various box sizes available. Luzon Manila 5 weeks, Visayas and Mindanao 7-8 weeks.

alanp
10th June 2011, 05:44
I have sent 4-5 boxes over the past couple of years it takes about 5 weeks to get to manila it depends on the time of year as the ship has to slow down due to the bad weather.
i have always used Tagalog balikbayan services they are very good and reliable. www.tagalogbalikbayan.com i have know people that used forex and their boxes did not arrive.

philphil61
20th August 2011, 21:14
Hi everyone

I'm looking for best options/advice

I can buy this Smart Trike Plus http://www.amazon.co.uk/Smart-Trike-OF12609-1260000-Unisex/dp/B00115195I in UK at £60 approx or in Manila at £100

but I need to get it to Iligan, Minanao. It ways 10kgs (the dimension of box are not correct on the link)

Anyone got any good ideas please? I'm struggling with getting help Philippines side!

Terpe
20th August 2011, 21:26
Unless you're considering a BB box I'd have thought better to buy in Pinas.

A BB box to Mindanao will be around £100 so you would need to pack quite a lot of other stuff to make it worthwhile.

As always, there is no 'right' answer it's down to personal choice.

Steve.r
20th August 2011, 21:52
Like Terpe, I am sure you could find something similar or the same in the big SM Malls in Phils. Unless you want to send over a load of other stuff in the box also. I jumbo box from LBC is £70 door to door.