PDA

View Full Version : Need advices please...

Josieyam65
5th April 2011, 04:46
I organized a college reunion this coming June 2011 a year ago, of course with our batch president. We’ve found 56 classmates and 33 confirmed to attend. We held meetings once a month and only few would attend and i really felt disappointed.

I just want to ask advices from you on what to do. Here’s my concern: My bestfriend in college (now lives in Finland) is also organizing a reunion party (and she knew about the reunion, because she confirmed that she would attend). She asked some of our classmates that they will hold their party a day before our said reunion. I think its unethical? Or unprofessional? Instead of helping her bestfriend for the reunion the day before, she’s having another party? :doh

By the way, our reunion would be held in the Philippines.

Rosie1958
5th April 2011, 09:47
Hi Joseyam65 ........ on face value from what you have said it does appear to be a bit unfair on you and I do think that as the organiser of the original reunion, your "best friend" should have discussed this with you first before making further arrangements. However, I've organised several reunions myself in the past and found that often people that are travelling a distance find it more worthwhile spending more than one day in the area. We therefore now tend to have a reunion over the whole weekend and have a great time with lots of people popping in and out when it suits them.

I'd suggest that you contact your friend in Finland with a view to pooling your ideas ;) Have a great time at your reunion :Jump::Jump::Jump:

sars_notd_virus
5th April 2011, 09:51
honesty is one of the factor in good friendship ..so, tell your best friend how you exactly feel about it.

grahamw48
5th April 2011, 10:25
With friends like that....:NoNo:

Josieyam65
5th April 2011, 12:57
Thanks for the comments..

@Rosie1958: Our supposed to be reunion will be a 2-day affair. Thanks for the advice.
@sars_notd_virus: I'll try if i can tell her what im feeling now.
@grahamw48: I know what you mean. So sad to think about it.