PDA

View Full Version : A1 English TEst Certificate

jeanelovesdeano
10th April 2011, 09:11
Good day

.I will just inquire with regards to the validity of the certificate result of the A1 exam for spouse visa in UK...Im planning to take an A1 English test this month, April, 2011 and apply spouse visa in May and let say if i passed the exam,how long is the validity of the certificate? If in case that my visa will get refuse, can i still use the certificate result of the A1 exam if it happen that i will re-apply again the Spouse Visa next year?or do i need to re- take again the A1 English test for applying the Spouse visa?
hope to hear from you..thank u

kind regards

jeane

joebloggs
10th April 2011, 17:25
i think they are valid for 2yrs :Erm:

jeanelovesdeano
11th April 2011, 03:18
i think they are valid for 2yrs :Erm:

i already confirm it to study connect service center but there are changes made with regards to the validity of thier certificate for the exam.the center said, certificate of the exam result will can only be use in applying the visa until july,2011..their emd exam offers only until this end of May,2011.after that the exam will be on hold..

Is there any other English Test Center provider aside from Study Connect that offers A1 English TEst for spousal Visa?..I hope you can give me details where the exam took place and the contact number of the test center ..

thank you..

raynaputi
11th April 2011, 04:28
i already confirm it to study connect service center but there are changes made with regards to the validity of thier certificate for the exam.the center said, certificate of the exam result will can only be use in applying the visa until july,2011..their emd exam offers only until this end of May,2011.after that the exam will be on hold..

Is there any other English Test Center provider aside from Study Connect that offers A1 English TEst for spousal Visa?..I hope you can give me details where the exam took place and the contact number of the test center ..

thank you..

:Erm: hmmm..I just called Study Connect Makati Branch and they said validity of the exam is for two years...maybe what they said to you is just for their provincial offices? :Erm:

joebloggs
11th April 2011, 10:55
i'm pretty sure all of them are valid for 2yrs, i know IELTS is.

jeanelovesdeano
11th April 2011, 11:59
yes the validity is 2 years but the emd who provide A1 english test in study connect will be renewing their licensed so for the meantime certificate is valid only until july 17,2011 in applying for visa and the embassy will only be accepting certificate until on the said date.
They said ,the embasy will only be accepted again the certificate after the emd test provider renewed their licensed already.

jeanelovesdeano
11th April 2011, 12:09
i'm pretty sure all of them are valid for 2yrs, i know IELTS is.

yes your right joe.IELTS is really valid for 2 years..but this is a higher and broader English test right rather than A1 English test by the EMD test provider which is basic and more easier?.

Does anyone know wheres the center location who offers an IELTS test and who have already tried this kind of test for Spouse Visa ? how long the result will be given after taking this test?

hope to hear from you..thanks

alanp
11th April 2011, 21:09
my fiancee passed her test with study connect it is valid for two years.

KeithD
11th April 2011, 21:34
my fiancee passed her test with study connect it is valid for two years.

:Erm: How can it have a time limit on it? Do people forget the language after 2 years? :Erm::Erm::Erm: :crazy:

toging
12th April 2011, 10:22
agree with you win2win...or maybe:REGamblMoney01HL1::REGamblMoney01HL1::REGamblMoney01HL1:...after 2 years!!!!

Sim11UK
16th April 2011, 12:26

This information is correct...Ladybug is taking the test & has been told the same.

joebloggs
17th April 2011, 13:30
looking at the list for tier 4 english language tests, in the list is a 'test validity' column which shows how long a particular test cert is valid for

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/approvedenglishtestst4.pdf

raynaputi
18th April 2011, 03:54

This information is correct...Ladybug is taking the test & has been told the same.

I called Study Connect again and they said the same thing to me now when I verified..but they still said it is valid for two years when I first asked about the validity :Erm: But anyway, it is not because they'll renew their license but because UK Embassy told them that they are in the process of changing the visa requirements particularly the English Test. Study Connect said that UK Embassy may drop the A1 Test for a higher level of English Test, like IELTS or TOEFL and may also provide only one testing school/center for the exams. Although they still have to wait for the UK Embassy's decision on what will happen.

So the girl I talked to said to better take the exam they provide now and lodge the Visa application immediately before July 17..Errr. :Erm: I think they just want me to take the exam already for their convenience now, knowing they might or the services they offered might close down..:icon_lol: So for those planning to lodge in their application before July 17, better take the A1 test already since this basic exam might not be allowed anymore and just the higher level ones.

raynaputi
18th April 2011, 06:20
I just read this... http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsfragments/45-new-list-of-english-language

sexiimulditah
18th April 2011, 09:15
whoah,,so ill be expecting harder exams soon then lol...since im planning lodge mine september,,,hehehe weeeeeee ready to make my mind bleed :icon_lol:

raynaputi
18th April 2011, 09:28
my former officemate took the IELTS for her spouse/working visa to Australia. She said it's easy. Try searching for IELTS review materials in Google. Based on what I've found, it's still easy but just contains more items.

KeithD
18th April 2011, 09:35
Maybe you two can travel together! :D

raynaputi
18th April 2011, 09:36
errr..:Erm: who???

KeithD
18th April 2011, 09:51
The two above my post :Erm:

raynaputi
18th April 2011, 09:58
errr..why? :Erm:

KeithD
18th April 2011, 10:04
:Erm: I don't know!! :crazy: :D

joebloggs
18th April 2011, 11:00
yes i heard a rumor that it will be raised to B1 level. :Erm:

we will have to wait and see :NoNo:

students need min B1 now anyway..

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2010/july/44-secure-english-tests

jen28
18th April 2011, 13:34
my boss took IELTS for Australian Visa, she said it was difficult (well i don't mean to make u scared). She took the exam last year and held at Shangri-La Hotel. She paid PhP10,000 for the exam. There was a part of the exam were they will give u a topic and u have to discuss it in 10mins if I am not mistaken (with tape recording).... I took the A1 English Test and it was just a grade 4 (private school) test. :) :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
18th April 2011, 15:06
maybe the exam depends if it's for spouse or working visa? :Erm: My officemate assured me it's just easy. She went to Australia last year to join her hubby who's working there.

KeithD
18th April 2011, 15:08
As long as you speak good English, it's easy :)

jen28
18th April 2011, 15:46
maybe the exam depends if it's for spouse or working visa? :Erm: My officemate assured me it's just easy. She went to Australia last year to join her hubby who's working there.

I guess.... :Erm:

Toneec
18th April 2011, 16:22
My lady took the A1 test today, at Study Connect in Makati.
She did no prep work before it, and only sent them text on Sat16th to book the test.
She was scared and nervous, but did confirm it was easy in the end, Test was listen, speak, and write.
The tester did confirm she had passed, just have to wait for the certifcate.

joebloggs
18th April 2011, 18:13

there are only 2 versions of IELTS, general and academic

Academic – Institutions of Higher and Further Education
The Academic format is, broadly speaking, for those who want to study or train in an English-speaking university or Institutions of Higher and Further Education. Admission to undergraduate and postgraduate courses is based on the results of the Academic test.

General Training – for school, work or migration
The General Training format focuses on basic survival skills in broad social and workplace contexts. It is typically for those who are going to English-speaking countries to do secondary education, work experience or training programs. People migrating to Australia, Canada and New Zealand must sit the General Training test.

It should be noted that certain professions require an Academic test result for registration and migration purposes.

steve monty
18th April 2011, 19:49
My wife is studying for the ILETS General exam. I thought this would be better for her to do if she wanted to study here. With a company recommended on the British Council website she has been going to classes Monday to Friday for the last month. They wouldn't allow her to take the exam until she is ready, but no extra cost for extra learning. Her exam is on the 7th May, hopefully everything will go alright. She did find it hard to start with, but that was more to do with the structure of the exam and not being used to it. If you are an academic person then maybe this would be a good option for you and for future learning in the UK.

sexiimulditah
24th April 2011, 03:57
whoah..i should have listen more to my teachers before then:doh,,,,,i still have few months to gain more knowledge anyways...:icon_lol:....:Erm:

somebody
24th April 2011, 14:28
I can ensure you from experience a Pinay (Women generally have better language skills it seems than males) who learned English at school/college and Uni has immersed herself in English with her Mahal possibly at work and watching say the BBC plus studying with some decent material books mp3 etc. should be able to get a 5 or 6 at general level with no problems.

The wife back in 2005 found the written and reading was a stroll in the park the spoken and listening a little harder but with the practise she had was not to bad..

Now with Skype and better communications and internet services she would have hoped to have done a lot better. Which should be good news for those taking now :)

Maybe the brit partner could ask his British family and friends to speak online to their mahal so she can here different accents etc.

two or three months seems to be a ideal time to study/ practise.

To make learning easier and more enjoyable maybe worth getting some British film dvds with subtitles to watch and study. The BBC News is also useful as mentnioned but i noticed it seems to have dissapeared off the wifes local cable so may need to check if avaiable.

If your mahal can assit or you already have possibly using such sites as the BBC website and watching videos on there will help.

The Ilets General level 6 or so from experience would mean that a basic Job and social interaction in shops with British family and friends should be easy to cope with once used to the local regional accent/slang:)

Good luck to those studying :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
24th April 2011, 14:59
My wife could speak and understand English very well before she actually came here.
When she first arrived here in UK she found that the different dialects and different accents were so confusing to her that she almost lost her self confidence.
There were times when she really did not understand what was being said.
Not just out and about but also on TV. :D

somebody
24th April 2011, 18:26
My wife could speak and understand English very well before she actually came here.
When she first arrived here in UK she found that the different dialects and different accents were so confusing to her that she almost lost her self confidence.
There were times when she really did not understand what was being said.
Not just out and about but also on TV. :D

So true on the trip to phills I was speaking to Friends, Cousins and other realtives who have been to top Manila Unis work in Jobs where speaking English is a must etc. But very few found speaking to me with a South east English accent easy (Even when making an effort to speak "BBC") but if I spoke with a PHill yank accent they could understand me:doh

geekycouple
10th May 2011, 06:17
HELLO!

I'm going to take the A1 exam (Speaking & Writing) for spouse visa on Sunday May 15, 2011 @ Hopkins international partners in Makati City. The Speaking and Writing Exam happens only once a month & the registration already ends 4 days ago. Unfortunately, they don't have this exam for the month of June. The result will be posted after 15 days.

In addition, you can take the Listening and reading exam every tuesday or thursday from 9am-11am. Just go to the centre and pay the necessary fee and you can take it, you will be able to get the result after an hour.

I'm so excited to take this exam, I've been waiting for this for the past 2 months. :Hellooo: I want to be with my husband ASAP he's the most amazing man in the world and he's my soulmate. I will pass this exam easily because I'll be thinking about him and his lovely face on the examination day :) He believes in me and he knows exactly how confident I am. I LOVE Him sooooooo much.

Additional Info about the TOEIC A1 exam:

Hopkins International Partners, Inc. (Main Office)
Sole Authorized Philippine TOEICŪ Representative
4th Floor PDAF Bldg., 407 Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue corner EDSA
(near MRT-Buendia Station) Makati City
Telephone: (632) 895-9944; 896-5808
Telefax: (632) 897-2160

http://www.toeic-phil.com/index.htm

geekycouple
15th May 2011, 10:25
HELLO!

I just took the A1 exam for spouse Visa @ Hopkins International Partners in Makati City. It's Speaking and Writing exam. I want to suggest all the spouses to review using this: http://www.toeic-phil.com/SW_handbook.pdf it really helps a lot. I will take the Listening and Reading exam on Thursday and I'm really excited about it. I love my British husband and he Inspires me to give my best shot.
:)

For more information about A1 exam, just check this website:

Terpe
16th May 2011, 20:37
HELLO!

I just took the A1 exam for spouse Visa @ Hopkins International Partners in Makati City. It's Speaking and Writing exam. I want to suggest all the spouses to review using this: http://www.toeic-phil.com/SW_handbook.pdf it really helps a lot. I will take the Listening and Reading exam on Thursday and I'm really excited about it. I love my British husband and he Inspires me to give my best shot.
:)

For more information about A1 exam, just check this website:

Any feedback so far that might help others here?

aryM
16th May 2011, 21:34
I took mine at EMD Study Connect Cagayan de Oro., The test was quite easy, got 98% in Speaking and 100% in Listening :xxgrinning--00xx3:

But EMD now is no longer in the new list of English test providers accredited by UKBA... now, my certificate is only valid until July 17, 2011.