PDA

View Full Version : cats poo poo coffee

branno
10th April 2011, 17:57
forget about ur frappa this, ur cappa that, or ur double mocca doodah. try this coffee from a civet, a feral feline..its a fantastic taste of coffee from its poo poo.. goes great with a splash of goats milk..:)

Tawi2
10th April 2011, 18:13
kape alamid in Pinas:)Never had it due to its price and rarity,eaten civet once in china however.

branno
10th April 2011, 18:19
kape alamid in Pinas:)Never had it due to its price and rarity,eaten civet once in china however.

yeahh its pricey, but we where fortunate to get it free at the crocodile farm in davao.. never tried eating it tho :icon_lol: but i have been bat hunting and tried eating fruit bat...wont go bat hunting again... :icon_lol:

Tawi2
10th April 2011, 18:27
I was at the croc farm last november or december to sample croc and ostrich,didnt drink coffe though:NoNo:Used to shoot fruit bats and eat them,they arent as bad as scorpion or cockroach:NoNo:

branno
10th April 2011, 18:35
i think ill stick to less exotic foods :icon_lol:

Ako Si Jamie
10th April 2011, 19:35
Ever tried this? :icon_lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOvF4n7-5F4

branno
10th April 2011, 19:45

ohh nooo :NoNo: dont think i ever want too :icon_lol:

Walaytawo
11th April 2011, 10:31
Kopi Luwak, goes for about $50 a cup I hear :omg: must be tasty :Rasp: I have to say the croco sisig at the croc farm is one of that tastiest dishes I've ever had. But the ostrich I didn't enjoy at all, far too chewy.

scott&ligaya
11th April 2011, 11:34
I used to travel with work in China a lot and have eaten some very strange foods.. jellied baby bubble bee anyone? did have some tea with a factory owner (who turns out to be a very wealthy guy), one of my staff was having orgasms over the tea, he later told me that his hobby was studying tea (apparently there are hundreds of types) and that the tea we had cost in the region of $200USD PER POT!! :yikes::yikes: Cannot say I enjoyed it anymore than my local Park n Shop supermarket brand in Hong Kong

jerry46
11th April 2011, 15:44

I'm ok thanks. It's good to try more exciting things though.

Doc Alan
1st May 2011, 21:47
The Philippines now produces less than 1% of the world's coffee - unlike a century ago - but there is hope that it will become a net exporter in the next decade.
The civet ( alamid ) selects the best coffee beans which are fermented in its stomach. The excreted beans are collected from the forest floors in several mountainous areas, thoroughly washed and roasted. This provides an unusual source of income when there may be few other employment opportunities.
"Civet coffee" / kape alamid has become one of the world's most exclusive coffees, selling in Japan, USA, and Europe for up to $800 / 500 GBP per kilogram or $ 30 a cup :yikes:
Not everyone's cup of tea, and it's to be hoped the alleged health benefits outweigh any health and safety risks :rolleyes:
Read more at www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12959381
Far cheaper, and safe in moderate amounts, are other local coffees such as Bohol coffee. This is a high altitude (over 1000 metres) Arabica specialty coffee, with a unique aroma and taste. Could help the local economy and might lessen the risk of developing Alzheimer's disease :xxgrinning--00xx3: