PDA

View Full Version : Saving for a rainy day...............

Tawi2
15th April 2011, 14:47
Hypothetically,lets just say you came into a few quid,not much,a million,maybe 2 million peso,whats the best way to invest in Pinas,just leaving the cash there for when its needed?I remember Kermit a long time ago had invested and was having trouble getting his cash back when last he posted:Erm:I have always been easy come easy go with cash,had it or(more often than not)hadnt it,just interested thats all,how best would YOU invest a small nest egg,and please,no wise-alec "Wine women and song then squander the rest":icon_lol:

Walaytawo
15th April 2011, 14:53
Because of the laws with land/property ownership thats a tough question. Personally, if I had a few quid to play with I'd invest it online, buy a few websites that make a reasonable income and pay somebody to update them. Easy and cheap to maintain and in theory should only increase in value over time.

Tawi2
15th April 2011, 14:59
buy a few websites that make a reasonable income
Someone suggested I get a cam-girl chat-site:cwm24: I was thinking more like some form of foreign currency account or somesuch :Erm:

Walaytawo
15th April 2011, 15:15
All those girls on a cam site sounds like high maintenance :D

A couple of these would bring in about $2k a month.

https://flippa.com/130383-Popular-Tech-Blog--Loved-by-Google-Making--USD-1000-Plus--Monthly

Looks like guest writers do most the work as well :xxgrinning--00xx3: (would obviously need to research it further before coughing up that kind of dollar, just grabbed it as a quick example).

subseastu
15th April 2011, 16:25
Personally I'd invest offshore, If your british go for a stocks and shares ISA or such like through an independant advisor. That or just buy a shad load of local lotto ticket and fingers crossed!!!:)