PDA

View Full Version : Boxing fans- Manny Pacquiao Vs Shane Mosley

steve monty
18th April 2011, 23:12
Been looking forward to this fight for a while now! Would love to be over in Philippines whilst it was on to see what the atmosphere is like there. I know how much he means to people over there, my wife's tatay invited all his male family and friends for Redhorse and to watch the Pacquiao DVD's I got him. I can see it being a good fight, both fighters have a lot of respect for each other. Just watched a video which gave an insight to the their preparations.

http://sports.sho.com/#/boxing/videos/537

Between 4-5 mins made me laugh. It mentions pacquiao time as he is always being late!

nooooooo thats filipina time! my wife has it! :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Must be in the genes :D

joebloggs
18th April 2011, 23:23
:yikes: hes 39yrs old :NoNo:

steve monty
18th April 2011, 23:47
I should have said a good fight for Pacquiao fans. :D I know what you are saying but I don't think it would matter if Mosley was in his prime he would still lose. Pacquiao is probably the best fighter around. The fight everyone wanted with Mayweather may not happen as he is due up in court.

grahamw48
19th April 2011, 00:03
So when does the fight take place then ? :)

fred
19th April 2011, 02:38
I think its on the 7th of May live at Tagbilaran sports bar..:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Mosley is just showing up to collect his farewell wage slip IMO.

Walaytawo
19th April 2011, 02:41
It's may7th. I've always like Sugar Shane, but I do worry for him in this one. Hopefully someway, somehow they can make the gayweathe rfight after this one.

steve monty
19th April 2011, 17:25
Walaytawo
Hopefully someway, somehow they can make the gayweathe rfight after this one.

I don't think he wants the fight. He seems to be making excuses to get out of it. Firstly it was the drug testing, which after going in front of a judge compromised with 14 days before the fight to take out blood. So it was agreed but then pulled out. Secondly it is now being reported that Mayweather is demanding $100 million purse! :yikes: The highest purse he has had is $25 million which was against Mosley!

Mayweather just doesn't want to lose his unbeaten record, but can not be called a great if he avoids the best fighters.

Walaytawo
20th April 2011, 04:53
When you look at his record there's a lot of top names there, but they were all carefully picked, either fighting above their weight or over the hill. He is class, even if he is a little boring to watch at times. Agreed, it's looking less and less likely the fight will be made, or at least in the forseeable future while they're both in their prime. Shame, be nice to see somebody shut him up.

Terpe
20th April 2011, 11:47
I've been a fan of Pacman for ages. Great boxer, good technical ability, strong, fast and always gives 100%.

He's achieved all his dreams and targets. He's not bothered about Mayweather one way or the other. Just now he's taking fights solely for the 'money', of which there's plenty. Don't forget he's the 'sweetheart' fighter in USA.

I'm not sure his training program or thought focus is really that serious these days either. He's trying hard to improve his political image and credibility, with a long uphill road I fear.

He still has faith, self-confidence and talent. Hope it see's him through. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
20th April 2011, 13:28
Its a warm up for the main event. Mayweather is being forced out of retirement, he's been hit with a major tax demand.

His big mouth has got into a fight he didn't want, excuse for this, excuse for that.

Now he has no choice, either that or go to jail, shame :)