PDA

View Full Version : Royal Mail - BNP

Philip
19th April 2007, 14:12
Interested to get people opinions on having Royal Mail delivering BNP leaflets through their door.

Whatever way you look at them, they are a racist party, no doubts!!!

Royal Mail likes to think of itself as having a good track record of fighting against racism in the workplace etc, so how they can accept BNP material for delivery is completely beyond me! There's some obvious legal problems no doubt, but still...

Workers at Royal Mail are having to deliver leaflets for all political party's as part of the upcoming elections. Some are delivering the BNP stuff whilst others are fighting against it(like me). I am pretty disgusted that the company I work for has taken on the leaflets and also that we are kind of being forced to deliver them.

walesrob
19th April 2007, 14:25
Thing is though, BNP is a political party, and they are entitled to deliver election material whether you like it or not. Royal Mail get the contract to deliver this stuff, they take the money, no law is being broken.

While I don't think much of BNP, I fully support their right to be heard as a political party. The moment you take that away (unless of course they do something very naughty and are made illegal) then we start down a slippery slope to a dictatorship.

If it offends you, chuck the stuff away.

Philip
19th April 2007, 14:37
Chucking stuff away = Instant sacking if caught!

I believe there's a clause that if there is just reason, you can request someone else delivers them.

As for the BNP being a political party, yes, they've found legal ways to get their racist manifesto out there, but basic research reveals the true intent of the people involved. The actions of their leader says it all!!!

They abuse the current system, but if they were in power that very same system wouldn't exist and we wouldn't have our lovely filipina's with us!

KeithD
19th April 2007, 15:24
Why not join? Free slave with every membership :yikes:

baboyako
19th April 2007, 15:50
walesrob is right on this one "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." - Voltaire

anyone can stand for election, and everyone gets free postage on letters to all constituents. and anyone can do what they like, they just need to get voted in.

now, who wants to join the tax free party? :Hellooo:

Philip
19th April 2007, 16:20
walesrob is right on this one "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." - Voltaire

anyone can stand for election, and everyone gets free postage on letters to all constituents. and anyone can do what they like, they just need to get voted in.

It's isn't quite as simple as that! There are various rules regarding content etc. Something the BNP is manipulating.

I'll say this again, if they got in to power all foreigners(this includes blacks and asians etc born here) would be repatriated. I deliver to a fair amount of people who would be affected by this, no way am I handing them a leaflet from this party! :cwm23:

A ironic example: There are a few black men working at my depot, they have been issued with these leaflets. Now, if the BNP had their way, those very same men would not have the job they currently hold, yet Royal Mail is expecting them to deliver that very same parties leaflets!? :Erm:

I'm rather surprised by the replies here.:cwm3:

baboyako
19th April 2007, 16:53
well like I say, people can choose to vote for them, or they choose to vote for someone else.

I doubt many people would read the leaflets anyway. To be honest the more people who complain about them & cause a fuss just give them more publicity.

How about standing for the naturist party? :omg:

Philip
19th April 2007, 17:15
How about standing for the naturist party? :omg:

Eek, It's way too cold in Scotland for that kind of thing! :NoNo:

Philip
19th April 2007, 22:26
Thank ferk! Just go this reply from my CWU rep:

"The union nationally and the branch locally are affiliated to organisations like Unite Against Fascism and the Anti-Nazi Leauge so I sympathise with the problem as I would not be happy delivering anything on behalf of such as the BNP. Unfortunately Royal Mail is obliged to deliver leaflets for candidates in general and local elections so long as the material is not illegal - and the BNP is careful to have all their stuff vetted so that it technically doesn't break any laws, even though the implication of what it says can be interpreted as racist and there is little doubt the people in the BNP are racists.
However, if an individual has strong feelings about having to deliver these leaflets either because of your personal distaste at having to touch them, or because of where and to whom you would be delivering them you can tell your manager so. RM is obliged to deliver them but you are not - your manager will have to make alternative arrangements, whether that means another postie or having to do it himself."

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

scotsfiancee
19th April 2007, 22:34
There's no place for RACISM IN SCOTLAND :NoNo:

Philip
19th April 2007, 22:43
There's no place for RACISM IN SCOTLAND :NoNo:

BNP = Legal Racism! :furious3:

joebloggs
20th April 2007, 04:11
BNP = Legal Racism! :furious3:

thing is thou, the leaders of BNP Nick Griffin and party activist Mark Collett have been cleared by a jury of inciting racial hatred after a retrial at Leeds Crown Court.

so laws cannot help, where is the line btw freedom of speech and being racist

i dont like junk mail at all coming thru my door, if someone has paid postage on a letter, i dont expect junk to be delivered with it :NoNo: .

Philip
20th April 2007, 05:24
They have the right to freedom of speech, I have the right to not handle their election leaflets.

Ferk sake, the BNP is a racist party, nice that you're only mentioning what they are entitled to and what they've gotten away with! :cwm3:

As for junk mail, I hate it, delivering the stuff is a pain in the ass, but, Royal Mail would basically cease to exist if it didn't take on the contracts... By the way, they are trying to make it so we take even more out!:omg:

KeithD
20th April 2007, 09:49
People misuse the word 'racism', look it up in the dictionary. Just because people do not like other of a certain colour, does not make them racists.

I do not like English white women....does that make me a racist against them?

fred
20th April 2007, 10:10
just because people do not like other of a certain colour, does not make them racists.

He he.. Are you sure ?:icon_lol:

fred
20th April 2007, 10:11

Are you slagging off my mum?

joebloggs
20th April 2007, 10:55
we all have predujices, were all human, like it or not, we all have them :Erm:

if you dont like a certain race, color of skin, their religion, the way they look, talk, thin, tall, fat, small.. never ending list.... we would all just be clones :yikes:

KeithD
20th April 2007, 14:13
This is the TRUE meaning as listed in dictionaries, encyclopedias, etc,

Racism is a belief (http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belief) that some people have that says one race (http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race) or ethnicity (http://simple.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Ethnicity&action=edit) is better than another. These people are called "racists".

Disliking a particular group is personal preference, not racism. The word is widely taken out of context these days, but it's meaning was proven in Nick's court case.

fred
20th April 2007, 14:37
eah
This is the TRUE meaning as listed in dictionaries, encyclopedias, etc,

Racism is a belief (http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belief) that some people have that says one race (http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race) or ethnicity (http://simple.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Ethnicity&action=edit) is better than another. These people are called "racists".

Disliking a particular group is personal preference, not racism. The word is widely taken out of context these days, but it's meaning was proven in Nick's court case.

Yeah..But are you slaggin off my Mum though?:furious3:

fred
20th April 2007, 14:46
Are ya calling me a pikey? Are ya calling me dad poor? Are ya disrespecting me family?:furious3:

Philip
20th April 2007, 15:24
So what is a person if they discriminate, lets say in the workplace, because of a persons race?

To say "you Asian *******" is not racism!?

:Erm::cwm3:

Philip
20th April 2007, 15:35

Maybe that means you are sexist and racially prejudiced towards white women. :Erm:

I believe in 2001 the BNP had this as part of their manifesto:

" Mixed race relationships would be outlawed."

joebloggs
20th April 2007, 16:00
So what is a person if they discriminate, lets say in the workplace, because of a persons race?

To say "you Asian *******" is not racism!?

:Erm::cwm3:

whats the difference

to say "you Ginger :censored: "
to say "you fat :censored: "
to say "you bald :censored: "
etc,etc, etc

all not racist

but just as bad , but the ones i mentioned, you dont see on the news thou, but you do when a copper or some other professional uses the racist card and sues their employer for :REGamblMoney01HL1: becuase of being called at work.

lets have equailty, so we can sue employers or someone else for calling me one of the other insults.

and stop singling out racist's, to me the others are just as bad or even worse.

KeithD
20th April 2007, 16:36
The police force is now looking into employing more ethnic minorities. They admitted that if the interview consisted of one white & one black, then the black would get the job!!!

:Brick: :Brick: :Brick:

Turn that the other way round and imagine the outcry......:NoNo:

The police racist towards whites!!! :doh

It is the STUPID PC brigade that MAKE racists.....if everyone just shut the :censored: up about it all, we could all go back to getting on with our lives.

If anyone said anything racist to the missus...she'd....:xxmixed-smiley-017:

KeithD
20th April 2007, 16:38
Maybe that means you are sexist and racially prejudiced towards white women. :Erm:
I think white English girls are a lower species :omg: ....have you met my daughter?!?!?.....I'm a racist...I must join the Blax Klax Klun :Erm: :Rasp:

KeithD
20th April 2007, 16:38
Are ya calling me a pikey? Are ya calling me dad poor? Are ya disrespecting me family?:furious3:

Depends on how big you are :icon_lol:

Philip
20th April 2007, 16:57
ANYWAY, I do not want to take any part in posting BNP leaflets. Those that think I'm wrong can **** off! :rolleyes:

That thing about the police! Craaazeeeeyy! :cwm24:

Philip
20th April 2007, 17:25
i dont like junk mail at all coming thru my door, if someone has paid postage on a letter, i dont expect junk to be delivered with it :NoNo: .

I forgot to say, you can actually contact Royal Mail and ask them to stop delivering unaddressed items. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
21st April 2007, 12:02
hey philip, you shouldnt take it as an insult when i say you look like one of the bay city rollers, most of them were good looking lads :xxgrinning--00xx3: , NOT THAT IAM GAY, i've never been to canal street :action-smiley-081: , unlike kieth :icon_lol:

they dominated the world in the mid 70's , your wife should be happy she married a pin up lookalike :icon_lol:

scotsfiancee
21st April 2007, 12:22
We were rippin up
we were rockin up
roll it over and lay it down

we were shakin up
we were breakin up
we were rockin to the shang-a-lang sound of the music
HEY HEY, rockin to the music.
HEY HEY, rocking to the music
rocking every night and day.HEY HEY

shang-a-lang,
shang-a-lang,
shang-a-lang
shang-a-lang, shang-a-lang, shang-a-lang

I like bay city rollers music, truely a scottish pop/rock band :Kilt: :Kilt: :Kilt:

:xxparty-smiley-004:

baboyako
21st April 2007, 12:35
shang-a-lang-a-buang :icon_lol:

fred
21st April 2007, 12:51
Dont forget that Filipino`s can be a racist bunch..
Just saw an advert for a Job for a pilot for Cebu Pacific..
2 requirements were..Pale complection and straight white teeth !!:D

andypaul
21st April 2007, 13:08
Dont forget that Filipino`s can be a racist bunch..
Just saw an advert for a Job for a pilot for Cebu Pacific..
2 requirements were..Pale complection and straight white teeth !!:D

Good point seen loads of job adverts in phill with sex,age and any other ism in them. Even seen shop job which stated female workers had to have good legs in mini skirts!!
My wifes cousin who is a lawyer working in the phill stock market area(like the city in london) at a large firm could not belive the discrimatation laws we had here in the uk.

Philip
21st April 2007, 13:41
hey philip, you shouldnt take it as an insult when i say you look like one of the bay city rollers, most of them were good looking lads :xxgrinning--00xx3: , NOT THAT IAM GAY, i've never been to canal street :action-smiley-081: , unlike kieth :icon_lol:

they dominated the world in the mid 70's , your wife should be happy she married a pin up lookalike :icon_lol:

:icon_lol: I was joking, notice I gave you a good rep point! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Wife? When did I get married!? :Rasp:

We have a Canal Street here in Aberdeen... people are always taking off the C and S leaving it to say anal treet! :icon_lol: :butthead::action-smiley-081:

joebloggs
21st April 2007, 13:54
i know you gave me a rep , thats why i said i wasn't taking the :censored: out of you.

not married :omg: or not yet :Erm: , i thought you was :D sorry..

as for canal street my friend and his gal friend went to york for a week end, it was late evening, and his galfriend wanted to go to toilet, so she went behind some bushes as he waited for her, a guy walked past and saw my friend standing near the bushes, the guy walked upto my friend and asked him 'how much, do you charge?" :icon_lol:

me friend was so embrassed he walked away and left his girlfriend behind the bushes ,she was :censored: to find him gone, :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

KeithD
21st April 2007, 16:08
Joe seems to know a hell of a lot about this Canal Street.....I had no idea where it was till I checked here http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=42.990765~-71.466783&style=r&lvl=16&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&sp=Point.qhzqr350jr31_Hampton%20Inn___~Point.qhycn050knmz_Judith___~Point.r4ymf8919zr4_Canal%20St%2C%20Manchester%2C%20NH%2003101%2C%20United%20States___&encType=1 (http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=42.990765~-71.466783&style=r&lvl=16&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&sp=Point.qhzqr350jr31_Hampton%20Inn___~Point.qhycn050knmz_Judith___~Point.r4ymf8919zr4_Canal%20St%2C%20Manchester%2C%20NH%2003101%2C%20United%20States___&encType=1) :rolleyes:

nigel
21st April 2007, 17:03
I work for Royal Mail, I didn't know about the bnp leaflets 'cause I'm a driver doing courier work...Phil is right when he says he will be instantly sacked if he destroys or throws them away, I believe in extreme cases you can even be imprisoned!! Eeeeek! Who reads those little leaflets we get through the post anyway? maybe the bnp are wasting there time and money? ha ha!

Gavanddal
23rd April 2007, 07:02
I agree that anyone with an opinion about other races is called a racist.
There are people from some places that I don't like, especially those that come here and don't integrate or those that come here and freeload. I'm no racist, I'm married to a foreigner but I'm entitled to an opinion.

Also the doule standards. You can't call someone from Pakistan a Paki but you can call someone from Britain a Brit. (Not quite sure about calling someone from Germany a Germ!!)
Also, what about the so called MOBO awards. If there was a "Music of White Origin" awards it would be branded racist. There are also black magazines, black hairdressers and various other black orientated services. If you even dared to aim a product or service at a white market you'd never be allowed to get it off the ground.
And now with this talk of giving preference to blacks and asians in the police, well, they'll be hanging us poor white folk from trees soon!

Most of us are models to the multi-racial society that the government seems to want but the whole race issue seems very confused.

walesrob
23rd April 2007, 09:47
I agree that anyone with an opinion about other races is called a racist.
There are people from some places that I don't like, especially those that come here and don't integrate or those that come here and freeload. I'm no racist, I'm married to a foreigner but I'm entitled to an opinion.

Also the doule standards. You can't call someone from Pakistan a Paki but you can call someone from Britain a Brit. (Not quite sure about calling someone from Germany a Germ!!)
Also, what about the so called MOBO awards. If there was a "Music of White Origin" awards it would be branded racist. There are also black magazines, black hairdressers and various other black orientated services. If you even dared to aim a product or service at a white market you'd never be allowed to get it off the ground.
And now with this talk of giving preference to blacks and asians in the police, well, they'll be hanging us poor white folk from trees soon!

Most of us are models to the multi-racial society that the government seems to want but the whole race issue seems very confused.

Racism is alive and well all around the world and the one thing I have observed from travelling around the world how us Brits are so obsessed with being nice to other races to the detriment of its native people. It seems to shape how people act or speak to an extent that we have this positive discrimination nonsense, then it all gets a bit silly. Surely the best man for the job is what matters?

I've noticed in the media if someone rich or famous dares makes a slight racist remark or even dares mocks a non-white person, they are instantly guilty. Like the Tory councillour who dressed up as Nelson Mandela who got accused of being a racist? huh? Surely Nelson would be honoured that such as small-time politician in deep middle England is copying him.

I fear common sense has been lost when it comes to race issues, and BNP can only profit from this, which is what we don't want. Of course we all want a tolerant just society, but you don't do it by telling people what not to say and telling people what not to think.

When I was living in Malta in the 90's, I remember a story about how a group of Maltesers refuse to board a plane until the group of 20 Libyans on board were removed, not sure what the reason was. If that happened in this country, well, you all know what would happen.

KeithD
23rd April 2007, 21:19
Your strong Western Wales right-wing Plaid Cymru views coming out eh Rob? :D

(PS. I'm voting for them :yikes: )

walesrob
23rd April 2007, 21:33
Plaid Cymru

(PS. I'm voting for them :yikes: )

Uh? Your English and your voting for Plaid? :Rasp:

andypaul
23rd April 2007, 22:16
Uh? Your English and your voting for Plaid? :Rasp:

Mr admin just wants to live abroad all year round, cheapest way of doing it i supose:Erm:

KeithD
24th April 2007, 09:04
Nothing like being patriotic eh Rob? :)

Give Wales back to the Welsh, and let England sink on its own :Hellooo:

andypaul
24th April 2007, 19:08
Nothing like being patriotic eh Rob? :)

Give Wales back to the Welsh, and let England sink on its own :Hellooo:

If wales wants to be independent can we swap them for the phillpines?
Save all that aggro with the visa,ilr etc;)

We could turn the Seven bride round and extend it by 8 thousand miles, im sure mr brown would be happy, with the toll fee he could charge:cwm23: