KeithD
28th April 2011, 23:05
Anyone recommend any Asian buffets?

Englishman2010
29th April 2011, 07:37
I thought you'd opt for a variety bucket at KFC:icon_lol:

Englishman2010
29th April 2011, 07:45
On a different note, I've noticed on my last two visits that when I eat local food in the Phil's/Asia, all of my joints swell due to water retention, particularly my ankles and wrists, despite trying to drink at least 5 litres of water a day and cutting down on coffee. It must be something to do with the huge quantity of salt in Fil food. As soon as I switch to a more western diet and ask restaurants not to add salt or soy sauce to my food my joints return to normal. I really like Fil style chicken and pork dishes, but all of the salt they use can't be good for you.

KeithD
29th April 2011, 08:51
I thought you'd opt for a variety bucket at KFC:icon_lol:

:D That's the emergency backup which I use quite often :rolleyes:

Englishman2010
29th April 2011, 08:59
:D That's the emergency backup which I use quite often :rolleyes:

Mine's Sausage and Egg McMuffin for breakfast at McDonalds:D Not easy to get in Brunei or Malaysia though on account of them being Muslim countries:bigcry: In fact I never saw a McD's in Miri or Kota Kinabalo, but the Burger King in KK did have the cleanest toilets in Asia:xxgrinning--00xx3:

subseastu
29th April 2011, 09:25
On a different note, I've noticed on my last two visits that when I eat local food in the Phil's/Asia, all of my joints swell due to water retention, particularly my ankles and wrists, despite trying to drink at least 5 litres of water a day and cutting down on coffee. It must be something to do with the huge quantity of salt in Fil food. As soon as I switch to a more western diet and ask restaurants not to add salt or soy sauce to my food my joints return to normal. I really like Fil style chicken and pork dishes, but all of the salt they use can't be good for you.

There does to be a high salt content in fil food (soy sauce is naturally high in it) but there tends to be a lot of MSG thrown in as well. Just wonder if that could have an effect? It is fairly nasty stuff.

Englishman2010
29th April 2011, 09:31
There does to be a high salt content in fil food (soy sauce is naturally high in it) but there tends to be a lot of MSG thrown in as well. Just wonder if that could have an effect? It is fairly nasty stuff.

There certainly is:yikes: I don't use any salt when I cook at home, no need to, most of our food contains enough naturally occuring sodium. I'm sure that the Doc can give the medical reasons why salt dehydrates the body and causes water retention in hands and feet

sars_notd_virus
29th April 2011, 10:36
chicken???...me and my husband loves the chicken in 'Savory Chicken Restaurant':xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://www.munchpunch.com/4532/theoriginal-savory-escolta/menu

raynaputi
29th April 2011, 10:49
chicken???...me and my husband loves the chicken in 'Savory Chicken Restaurant':xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://www.munchpunch.com/4532/theoriginal-savory-escolta/menu

Oh yeah Mari girl, that's one of the restaurants I'm planning to take Keith to next time :D My dad loves the hot and sour soup there! :D

sars_notd_virus
29th April 2011, 11:01
Oh yeah Mari girl, that's one of the restaurants I'm planning to take Keith to next time :D My dad loves the hot and sour soup there! :D

Yes Raynagirl I'm sure your Keith will like it ,they got wide variety of chicken dishes...:xxgrinning--00xx3::hubbahubba:

KeithD
29th April 2011, 11:14
My dad loves the hot and sour soup there! :D

I like your dad :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
29th April 2011, 11:17
I like your dad :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Oh you better! :xxaction-smiley-047 :D

KeithD
29th April 2011, 11:19
He like chicken, Chinese food, hot n sour soup .... I could marry someone like that :omg: :icon_lol: