PDA

View Full Version : Redknapp demands goal technology

Win2Win
1st May 2011, 10:10
Manager Harry Redknapp bemoans the lack of goal-line technology as two contentious goals helped Chelsea beat his Tottenham side 2-1.

Content from... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/sport1/hi/football/13250594.stm)

les_taxi
1st May 2011, 10:22
:cwm23:Just watched it this is like last season when dogbreath scored a offside goal at old trafford:NoNo:
If we win today i think thats it,just my luck for aresenal to treat it like a cup final:yikes:

Englishman2010
1st May 2011, 10:33
With so much at stake in Football these days, it is time the game moved on with technology. Referees make mistakes and managers aren't allowed to complain about them. I don't understand why Septic Blatter is so against the use of technology??? It hasn't spoiled the fans enjoyment in other sports such as Rugby or Cricket.

I also think that players should be banned from approaching the ref to complain, it should be an automatic yellow card, and any player who implies another should be booked or sent off, should be sent off themselves. The only players allowed to debate with the ref should be the two team captains.

Ako Si Jamie
1st May 2011, 10:41
From the angles I saw the ball was more over the line than not for Lampard's 'goal' but whether the whole ball was over the line, I'm not sure. Kalou's 'goal' was definitelty offside though!

les_taxi
1st May 2011, 10:47
From the angles I saw the ball was more over the line than not for Lampard's 'goal' but whether the whole ball was over the line, I'm not sure. Kalou's 'goal' was definitelty offside though!

It was about 90% but has to be 100%
Hope fully won't matter if we beat the Gunners but tbh I'm nervous:omg:

Dedworth
1st May 2011, 12:14
I love the fact that Ferguson was at the Bridge to see Frank's goal.

I hope he has another rotten day later, lets hope Arsenal find some backbone and do the business :D

KeithD
1st May 2011, 12:45
I also think that players should be banned from approaching the ref to complain, it should be an automatic yellow card, and any player who implies another should be booked or sent off, should be sent off themselves. The only players allowed to debate with the ref should be the two team captains.

That is actually the rules as they stand now

Englishman2010
1st May 2011, 16:59
That is actually the rules as they stand now

Ref's ought to apply it 100% of the time so that players realise they can't crowd the ref to influence a decision.