PDA

View Full Version : Savings for spouse visa

myliitlehaven07
10th May 2011, 00:23
Hi everyone, id like to ask more questions about my application for spouse visa, am getting really anxious as i am about to finish filling all of the documents for me to lodge before this month ends.

My husband is a regular employee and earns about 850-900 a month, and has savings which has been put up for him by his parents and it will be around 1600. His savings was put up for him by his parents and its under his name. I am only worried that the embassy might counter check this savings against his salary and would cause a problem.

How much also a husband should have an excess on his salary for him to be able to prove that he can support me in UK? Can anyone please help me and give me an idea what should i include on his incoming and outgoing expenses draft to include on my application?

looking forward to your help :)

Toneec
10th May 2011, 03:20
Hi myliitlehaven07, I am no expert, but I would say the answers will be in your Husbands bank statements.
It will show what is coming in, and what is going out.
The amount left would the disposable income.

aryM
10th May 2011, 09:06
Hi mylittlehaven07, I am working on my spouse visa application too, based on the information i have gathered, it will be good if your husband will have at least 2000gbp savings. You can also have your parent-in-laws to act as co-sponsors for your application.

lydon29
10th May 2011, 09:24
heya mylittleheaven07! i think the wage of your husband should be at least £1200/month that's what they advised to us but i'm not sure if 900 will be alright.:) on our draft,for the expenses, we included the utilities etc. just to show how much is getting spend each month and to show if he can support you when you live with him.

Terpe
10th May 2011, 10:44
heya mylittleheaven07! i think the wage of your husband should be at least £1200/month that's what they advised to us but i'm not sure if 900 will be alright.:) on our draft,for the expenses, we included the utilities etc. just to show how much is getting spend each month and to show if he can support you when you live with him.

lydon29,
I don't know who told you about income of at least £1200 per month, but it is totally incorrect.

The ECO just needs to see that there is a viable cash flow. That there is sufficient disposable income.
If the disposal income comes in at less than approx £106 per week for a couple then it would be considered marginal and may be cause for refusal of a visa.

lydon29
10th May 2011, 11:00
lydon29,
I don't know who told you about income of at least £1200 per month, but it is totally incorrect.

The ECO just needs to see that there is a viable cash flow. That there is sufficient disposable income.
If the disposal income comes in at less than approx £106 per week for a couple then it would be considered marginal and may be cause for refusal of a visa.

the agency we used told us that,we didn't have any trouble and visa was approved quickly so doesn't matter now.was just giving my thought :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
10th May 2011, 11:06
lydon29,

:xxgrinning--00xx3:
as long as your working you shouldn't have a problem, but the more you earn the better :D

Terpe
10th May 2011, 11:06
the agency we used told us that,we didn't have any trouble and visa was approved quickly so doesn't matter now.was just giving my thought :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Just shows what some agencies will say to secure business by not providing honest advice.

lydon29
10th May 2011, 11:11
Just shows what some agencies will say to secure business by not providing honest advice.

ye that's business but i don't think they're completely lying bout everything, il call it "playing safe" but like what ive said it doesn't matter now coz had the visa approved few days after lodging it.

Arthur Little
10th May 2011, 14:59
about my application for spouse visa, i am about to finish filling all of the documents for me to lodge before this month ends.

looking forward to your help :)

:anerikke: ... it would seem as if most - if not all - of the questions on this, ... and your two previous threads have been answered; the IMPORTANT thing is for your husband to ensure his bank balance is not overdrawn! :welcomex: to the forum, and goodluck with your application. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
10th May 2011, 17:07
lydon29,

this is true, we dont have so much savings when i applied for spouse visa but was granted :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ye that's business but i don't think they're completely lying bout everything, il call it "playing safe" but like what ive said it doesn't matter now coz had the visa approved few days after lodging it.

the forum is here to help people so as not to use agents in applying a visa, even the vfs is against using agents ...the agents will only provide guidelines for you and you will still be the one to provide them with all the documents you will be needing, it ends up that you pay for them but you do the works,..a waste of money
anyway, well done you and congratulations !!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

myliitlehaven07
10th May 2011, 21:36
thanks everyone, my husband salary comes to 1200 but after all deductions in work it will come to 900 or 800. He has a savings on building society of about 1600 pounds and my visa fee will be paid by his grand dad as his gift to him and my flight will be paid by my sister who would like to come with me as soon as i get visa so she could meet my in laws in there. Should this cause a problem on my application? I am thinking of including a letter off my sister and his grand dad to explain why they are paying for the fee and the flight. With these, my husband can show the ECO that our savings will not be use and for our future needs once i am there.Will the ECO accept our families help? :)