PDA

View Full Version : Citroen Picasso

KeithD
12th May 2011, 15:19
Any one here got or ever had a Citroen Picasso? Just wondering what they are like as it's a toss-up between the Grand Picasso EGS or Nissan Qashqai. The former seems to be winning it as it's semi-automatic and 53mpg, compared to manual and 43mpg. Both have lots of gadgets :D

Englishman2010
12th May 2011, 15:25
Build quality is more likely to be better on the Nissan. From experience of family owned French cars, mechanically they are very sound, but the electrics are dodgy and build quality is not great. A lot of plastic panels to save weight and costs, and the interior plastics are not particularly high quality.

Personally, out of the two I'd have the Nissan.......but hang on, isn't Nissan owned by Renault now:doh

Dedworth
12th May 2011, 15:53
My last 3 motors have been Citroen diesels bought new - first two each provided over 100000 miles of trouble free motoring, current Berlingo Dino only a few months old but frugal on fuel. Fully recommended.

KeithD
12th May 2011, 15:58
Personally, out of the two I'd have the Nissan.......but hang on, isn't Nissan owned by Renault now:doh

No... but Renault supply the engines for Nissan while Nissan help with the design of Renault vehicles. It's the same arrangement with Mitsubishi & Citroen. This is because the EU has the most efficient engines on the planet.

I've got a Nissan Qashqai+2 now, and had a few minor issues over the last 3 years... although if you call my front tyres being stripped bare and the rear suspension failing on the back on both sides at the same time minor ..... :Erm:

I'm wondering what the paddle shifts are like.

Englishman2010
12th May 2011, 16:07
Does an extra 4 or 5 mpg really make that much difference? If you drive 100K miles a year maybe. Whilst economy is important, it isn't the deciding factor for me...that's why I drive a Panzer diesel auto that does about 35 MPG if i drive like an old man:D

bornatbirth
12th May 2011, 16:12
why I drive a Panzer diesel auto that does about 35 MPG if i drive like an old man:D

your driving a german tank :icon_lol:

i want a nissan GTR :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
12th May 2011, 16:12
With prices today for fuel an 18% increase in mileage is a large amount over a year.

Which one do they do in pink? :heartshape1:

Englishman2010
12th May 2011, 16:17
your driving a german tank :icon_lol:

i want a nissan GTR :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yep, I always have German cars for daily drivers, they are built like brick outhouses and weigh just slightly less than the QE2, but in a crash I know where I'd rather be:xxgrinning--00xx3:

For my toys I have Italian cars, which are the complete opposite of the sensible German ones:D

worthingmale
12th May 2011, 19:15
had 3 citroen c4's, 1 citroen zsara, and one citroen saxo all from new.

never had any major problems with them

KeithD
12th May 2011, 19:21
had 3 citroen c4's, 1 citroen zsara, and one citroen saxo all from new.

never had any major problems with them

So why did you need so many? :icon_lol:

Englishman2010
12th May 2011, 19:32
This is because the EU has the most efficient engines on the planet.

The Citroen/Peugeot 2.0 diesel engine is well known for being one of the most reliable small diesel engines around. Ford have been using it, rebadged as a Duratorq for years too:xxgrinning--00xx3:

If you want a people carrier/soft roader type vehicle, have you considered the Audi Q3 or Q5 2.0 TDi, another incredibly reliable engine and rock solid Germanic build quality, and a damn site better looking than the hideous BMW X1 and X3

KeithD
12th May 2011, 20:45
If you want a people carrier/soft roader type vehicle, have you considered the Audi Q3 or Q5 2.0 TDiX3

:yikes: I haven't won the lottery YET!!!!

Englishman2010
12th May 2011, 20:55
:yikes: I haven't won the lottery YET!!!!

If you can afford the extra finance/lease payments, German cars make far better sense in the long run as the depreciation is much lower than almost anything else if you buy a desireable model and spec. In 2003 I bought a brand new Audi A4 cabriolet, I px'd it against another new Audi a year (10,000 miles) later and only lost £1000:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
12th May 2011, 22:49
If you can afford the extra finance/lease payments....

:yikes::yikes::yikes: Cash .... brown envelopes and free prostitutes for the sales rep :D

grahamw48
12th May 2011, 22:52
My diesel does 55mpg and my petrol one does 15 or so, ...7 if I make an effort. :D

The MG loses value off the little I paid for it, and is low tax bracket and the TVR increases slightly and costs a third of the MG insurance costs to insure :Erm:, so fair doos. :)

gWaPito
13th May 2011, 03:32
My diesel does 55mpg and my petrol one does 15 or so, ...7 if I make an effort. :D

The MG loses value off the little I paid for it, and is low tax bracket and the TVR increases slightly and costs a third of the MG insurance costs to insure :Erm:, so fair doos. :)

Ive had Citroen's nearly all my driving life. The one I had previous to my present c5 was a xantia with 279 000 miles.

N omatter what motor you got, with that sort of mileage, it s worthless, having said that, you've had your monies worth.

My posing days are long gone. Citroen's are value for money, ask any taxi driver

grahamw48
13th May 2011, 09:44
I did manage to get 350,000 out of the only new car I ever bought....a Peugeot 205 diesel, back in 1989. Same engine/company as Citroen. :)

From 1990 my adventures with Filipinas started - so never able to afford a new car again. :icon_lol:

I don't so much pose these days, rather...look harmlessly hopeful. :cwm3:

Ako Si Jamie
13th May 2011, 20:54
Not sure which Citroen model (s), but there's a major design flaw on certain models of Citroen where the spring by the wheel arch is prone to snapping, leading to a punctured tyre and major brake pipe damage.

worthingmale
16th May 2011, 13:38
company cars and doing silly mileage each year :)

scott&ligaya
16th May 2011, 14:00
before graduating to company supplied passats and A4, A6 I owned three citroens from the BX , XANTIA and an early picasso, all very sound reliable cars if a little boring.

I would have the grand picasso

johncar54
16th May 2011, 17:14
Had a (Datsun) Nissan for 9 years, a Toyota Corolla 8 years and my current Corolla for 14 years. No real problems with any of them. The two Toyota have needed a battery or two but apart from that no brake pads, tyres or even bulbs.

Never had a Citroen.

KeithD
16th May 2011, 18:22
Anyone ever used the EGS on a Citroen?

Reading reviews can be fun, as you get some muppets. One I just read on the Grand Picasso, the guy said it doesn't drive well on snow and he wouldn't get one again! :Erm:

So lets get this straight, a car designed for driving in an urban enviroment isn't any good on snow :Erm: .... I'd have thought that was obvious and goes for most cars, although it is mainly down to how you drive in adverse conditions. He didn't mention he'd had the brains to use either snow tyres or chains, I always have the latter in the vehicle.

bornatbirth
16th May 2011, 19:14
my alfa 147 in a nightmare in the snow with the electric assist on :Help1:

i often have a read here http://www.parkers.co.uk/, really depends on what car you want and if your bothered about the running costs.

KeithD
16th May 2011, 19:21
Yeah... that's another thing... how many people remember to switch off the elctronics when it's icey? :doh