PDA

View Full Version : Escaping to Beautiful Boracay in the Philippines

KeithD
13th May 2011, 14:09
You can view the page at http://filipinaroses.com/content.php/253-Escaping-to-Beautiful-Boracay-in-the-Philippines

raynaputi
13th May 2011, 14:11
:Jump:

Englishman2010
13th May 2011, 14:16
Great article:xxgrinning--00xx3: Brings back memories of my visit last year. A word of warning, nothing is cheap in Boracay, but I guess that's the price you pay for a stay in paradise and somewhere that all food and drinks have to be transported to by small boat and trike.

KeithD
13th May 2011, 14:31
Cheap compared to Europe :)

Englishman2010
13th May 2011, 14:37
Cheap compared to Europe :)

Food and drink prices are on par with Spain, Portugal and Greece, double or treble what they are in most of the Phil's. I've been reliably informed by Pinoy friends working there that in the beachfront bars, prices aren't published and they have 3 prices - one for Filipino's, one for westerners and one for Koreans !!!

KeithD
13th May 2011, 14:50
I drink my own pee so I'm fine :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
13th May 2011, 14:56
our WHOLE family will be there this June!!! :Jump:

Englishman2010
13th May 2011, 14:56

I can't remember seeing a KFC there Keith, so probably no good for you anyway:icon_lol:

Englishman2010
13th May 2011, 14:57
our WHOLE family will be there this June!!! :Jump:

Enjoy the Red Coconut, it's a nice place and right on the beach:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
13th May 2011, 14:57
Cheap compared to Europe
I paid the equivalent of a tenner £10 for a pizza last time I was there.

raynaputi
13th May 2011, 14:58
oh but there's Superbowl there..Keith's fave Chinese restaurant here in Manila :D

raynaputi
13th May 2011, 15:01
Ian, we cancelled the booking in Red Coconut and opted for a whole beach house i found which is also beach front :D

Englishman2010
13th May 2011, 15:06
Enjoy the Red Coconut, it's a nice place and right on the beach:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Rayna, I had a bungalow in the gardens at the back, I really enjoyed it there. The best pics I have of my stay there are on my FB album page - Philippines April/May 2010

Englishman2010
13th May 2011, 15:07
Ian, we cancelled the booking in Red Coconut and opted for a whole beach house i found which is also beach front :D

Ignore my previous post then :icon_lol: Hope you have a great time anyway:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Englishman2010
13th May 2011, 15:08
oh but there's Superbowl there..Keith's fave Chinese restaurant here in Manila :D

There's a Starbucks too Rayna, so you'll be happy:D

bornatbirth
13th May 2011, 15:12

i hear the pee is free there too :icon_lol:

raynaputi
14th May 2011, 05:34
Ian, i know there's a Starbucks there! :D But as much as i want to, i have to cut back on having coffee..:bigcry: i happened to have gallstones and have read in the internet that coffee triggers the pain (?) - the last time the pain triggered was when i drank coffee before leaving the office...so no Starbucks for me in Boracay or never again :bigcry:

There's a Starbucks too Rayna, so you'll be happy :D

stevewool
14th May 2011, 08:11
we was there last jan for 2 weeks , first week at fairways resort that was nice and then the other week at oceanbreeze that was great , at station 3 so a little quite and just a stroll to the beach, fantastic the place and i thought was cheap too,we paid what i thought was very good for food there , eating out some nights on the beach all in buffet style and cooking our own breakfast, we are trying to go again this jan to oceanbreeze and fairways, and i loved the place too

johncar54
14th May 2011, 08:50
We spent a couple of weeks in Boracay. When my wife came to Spain (in June) and we walked along the the Paseo (beach road) for the first time, she asked, "Why do they think Boracay is so great ?

Englishman2010
14th May 2011, 14:32
Ian, i know there's a Starbucks there! :D But as much as i want to, i have to cut back on having coffee..:bigcry: i happened to have gallstones and have read in the internet that coffee triggers the pain (?) - the last time the pain triggered was when i drank coffee before leaving the office...so no Starbucks for me in Boracay or never again :bigcry:

Sorry to hear that Rayna, hope you can get them treated soon:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'm sure you won't miss the Starbucks in Boracay, there's lots to do, I'm sure you'll have a great time.

KeithD
14th May 2011, 14:33
Sorry to hear that Rayna, hope you can get them treated soon:xxgrinning--00xx3:

It does have a brightside .... more coffee for me :tea_cup5: :D

Ako Si Jamie
15th May 2011, 00:02
My mates off to Boracay this weekend for a whole month the lucky sod! :bigcry:

raynaputi
15th May 2011, 01:38
It does have a brightside .... more coffee for me :tea_cup5: :D

You always get all the coffee!!! :xxaction-smiley-047

KeithD
15th May 2011, 09:22
You always get all the coffee!!! :xxaction-smiley-047

Cos I have to make it while you're busy polishing your hair :Erm:

tone
19th May 2011, 13:54
I spent 4 nights in Boracay with my baby and we had a brilliant time spent some lazy nights in the different bars - really like EPIC actually as it had good lazy chairs to chillout in!
I have been to so many beach resorts in the world and currently Boracay is 2nd after a pretty amazing place I went to in the Maldives.
From a cost point of view I think it was ok, but the beach and the parties at night, live music was really great!

Personally I cant wait to get back there. The one gem I found getting there was to book a helicopter transfer - which blew my fiancees mind! The look on her face was a beautiful picture. One I'll never forget.

sars_notd_virus
19th May 2011, 14:13
beautiful Boracay!! the last time ive been there was in 1990's (a bit outdated):omg::D ...but would love to go back there again :xxgrinning--00xx3:

chinee
21st May 2011, 08:12
I'm booked to go to there for the first time on the 30th! so excited! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

branno
21st May 2011, 12:52
if you find ur self with a couple of hours spare wen in boracay .. try zorbing .. its quite fun, but a word of advice... take a towel and a change of clothes :icon_lol:

chinee
2nd June 2011, 17:56
hi branno, wasn't able to go zorbing. Went to Ariel's point and jumped off a cliff though... fun fun fun!

Terpe
2nd June 2011, 18:59
There's a pretty good wet market in Boracay. Plus load of places nearby that'll cook whatever you buy in whatever style you want. Yummy. :hubbahubba::hubbahubba:

branno
3rd June 2011, 19:03
jonas fruit shake bar no longer has its lovely beach front cafe ... its now a tiny shack off the back streets.. but hey the hobbits is a tidy bar and worth a visit.. if ur lucky u may catch freddy aguillar playing some nice sounds too.. where ever u may go station 2 certainly comes alive in the evening... and if u are been entertained by the flame dancers.. give em a nice tip and they will certainly give you a good few moments you wont forget .. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
3rd June 2011, 19:10
i thought the hobbits bar was a little expensive, you cant beat the mango shakes just from the cheap huts while walking along the beach, i may have overdone the green mango, comes out quicker then it goes in:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

branno
3rd June 2011, 19:23
i thought the hobbits bar was a little expensive, you cant beat the mango shakes just from the cheap huts while walking along the beach, i may have overdone the green mango, comes out quicker then it goes in:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

ahh yes indian mango lol but its nice... :icon_lol: i do admit i bought a strongbow cider in the hobbits .. a small can was 350pesos bit over priced but its imported.. and as for the buying from the wet fish stall then having it cooked nr by i thought was rather pricey compared to wots available on the beach front... but over all its still relatively cheap in boracay... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

branno
3rd June 2011, 23:04
hi branno, wasn't able to go zorbing. Went to Ariel's point and jumped off a cliff though... fun fun fun!

tell me more :icon_lol: