PDA

View Full Version : having a child after spouse visa

jeanelovesdeano
15th May 2011, 13:46
hi everyone

We are planning to apply for spouse visa soon. I would like to ask if it happen that my visa is granted and I will travel more than after 3 months allowance due to giving birth,do I need to get British passport for the baby after giving birth here in Philippines before traveling in the UK ? how long the passport for the baby to process? (my british husband is the father )
Am I not allow to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in UK once the remaining validity of my visa cant reach 2 years? do I need to go back in the Philippines before the validity of my visa ends and apply for FLR again ?

hope you can give me advice.

thank you

joebloggs
15th May 2011, 19:23
if you apply for a phils passport for the baby you will have to pay for 2 settlement visas (one for you and one for the baby), i dont think there is much time difference btw applying for a british passport or a phils passport for the baby :Erm:

but reading other posts, i'm wondering if your husband has to be in the phils to apply for a british passport for the baby? and the embassy might want you to pay a registration fee,( thou i'm pretty sure you dont need to reg the baby if you dont want to)

i tihnk its 4 months not 3 months, as you should be given a visa that is valid for 27 m months, and basically you need to be in the uk 23 months (2yrs - upto 28 days earliest when you can apply for ilr)

but if your delayed more than 4 months, then you will probably have to apply for FLR(m) further leave to remain when your in the uk and just before your settlement visa expires, which should be granted until you've been in the uk 2yrs, enabling you to apply for ILR.

no you dont need to go back to the phils, only time that might happen if you apply for another visa after your current visa expires. :NoNo:

jeanelovesdeano
15th May 2011, 23:17
hi joe ,

thank you for the reply. Can i ask, what if I will apply for the extension for FLR in UK, and the application will refuse or reject? ( I mean they will not allow to extend my stay anymore )

Do I need to go back to the Philippines before my Visa will expire?

What are the other options to do to extend my stay in UK for me to cope up the 2 years probationary period for ILR ?

hope to hear from you..Thanks

joebloggs
16th May 2011, 11:01
why would they reject you flr ? as long as your husband is working, having some savings would help and suitable acommondation, you shouldn't have a problem, hardly anyone is refused FLR becuase you've already done the hard work in getting your settlement visa..

you should really need to worry about that too much.

if your refused flr yes you would have to go back, as your visa will have expired.

really no other options, i dont know why your worrying at it :rolleyes:

marlyn&kenny
27th May 2011, 10:16
hi jane,sorry if i was not able to reply to your VM, please send me your facebook ID so we can chat often.
When i applied for our daughter's british passport last year, it took only 10 days. There is no need for your hubby to be there when u applied for your baby's brit passport just his original passport and birth certificate will do, and of course ur marriage certificate NSO ,your passport,ur NSO birth cert.,your baby's passport photo 4pcs.,ur baby's NSO birth certificate, your hospital records when giving birth, ultrasound pics and all your check up record while pregnant.BUT you have to check it with the BRIT embassy to make sure, there might be any changes, you know.
If you get your baby a phil passport as well, you will not need the EXIT CLEARANCE, but if u decide not to get a phil passport, then you need to apply and get ur baby an exit clearance...
Take care and Good luck :)
With regards to spouse visa application, we did mention that i was pregnant.