PDA

View Full Version : Twitter - sound advice from Ferguson

Dedworth
21st May 2011, 13:17
Ferguson said: 'I don't know why anybody could be bothered with that stuff. It's a waste of time. Get yourself down to a library and read a book. We as a club are looking at Twitter because there can be issues attached to it and we don't want that.'

FA correspondence is usually treated with disdain at Old Trafford. But the club share the FA's reservations about high-profile players like Rooney getting into unnecessary conflict by making throwaway comments on the instant-messaging site.

Rooney, an accident waiting to happen on Twitter, was encouraged by wife Coleen to sign up. The latest storm was caused by Rooney responding to abuse with: 'I'll put u asleep within 10 seconds'. He said later it was merely 'banter'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1389349/CHARLES-SALE-FA-warn-Rooney-tweet-threat.html#ixzz1MzMEUV1K

For once I agree with him :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
21st May 2011, 15:09
Who? Rooney? :icon_lol:

Dedworth
21st May 2011, 15:20
Who? Rooney? :icon_lol: Not on this one Jamie although I did commend Fat Boy for not hiding behind a super injunction when he was caught putting it about with a brass, unlike Mr Goody Two Shoes

Ako Si Jamie
21st May 2011, 15:40
Yup. Should be man enough to admit it. It's not as if it's a big secret. The world and his wife knows who the culprit is. What's he scared of? Maybe he's got a chipolata? :icon_lol: