PDA

View Full Version : Digicam and UK to Philippines Plug Adapter

Angel1403
21st May 2011, 18:01
Hi folks,

We just sent a digicam to wifes mom in Philly. However, we forgot to include adapter for the charger plug Doh

Is there an online site that we can buy the adapter and have it delivered to my wife's family house in Philly?

Also, is it the USA type 2 pin to 3 pin UK adapter they need?

Cheers :)

exadore1
21st May 2011, 18:10
If your DigiCam is English then I would think you would need a UK three pin to US adapter which I understand from my wife is two pin.
Amazon have a site in Hong Kong but under a different name, just search for Amazon Hong Kong or Amazon China, they might be prepared to ship to the Phils. Sorry can't be of any more help

philphil61
21st May 2011, 18:21
Depends on the make - she could buy an adapter from her local town if "standard" make like Sony

Sending stuff even purchased from online sites and even using registered post will not guarantee delivery to your wife's mom - past personal experience!!!!

Try the first option then you will have no concern about plug type.

If your going to have to go down the online system go cheap go ebay through those asian distributors - I have found that sending purchased items from Hong Kong and similar is easier to get through to the Philippines (and their customs) than things purchased in USA or Europe.

Link to image showing plug type in Philippines
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9a/A_plug.jpg

Hope this helps

Angel1403
21st May 2011, 18:56
Thank you all for the great advice :):Wave:

KeithD
21st May 2011, 19:04
Just get a generic travel adapter from SM

Englishman2010
21st May 2011, 19:26
Any electrical/hardware/haberdashery type store in the malls will sell a wide array of adapters due to the amount of other SE Asian and middle eastern countries that use the UK 3 pin system and OFW's sending US/UK/Euro spec goods back home. I've taken a few UK electronics devices over and never had a problem picking up adapters in the malls. I usually pay between 70 - 200 php depending on the quality of the adapter.

Angel1403
22nd May 2011, 21:58
[QUOTE=Englishman2010;292994]Any electrical/hardware/haberdashery type store in the malls will sell a wide array of adapters due to the amount of other SE Asian and middle eastern countries that use the UK 3 pin system and OFW's sending US/UK/Euro spec goods back home. I've taken a few UK electronics devices over and never had a problem picking up adapters in the malls. I usually pay between 70 - 200 php depending on the quality of the adapter.[/QUOTE

Thank you to everyone that replied :)

Are there any online sites that let you buy goods like cameras etc and have them shipped direct to a Philly address?

Cheers :)