PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Passport...am confused help!!:(

myliitlehaven07
26th May 2011, 12:08
Sorry guys i keep posting on every time i do have questions, i have use the search button but could not find answer on my question :(

I am applying for visa next month and my passport is about to expire on January next year. I have tried to have my passport renewed and am scheduled for appointment next month and even if i do get it, with all the problems in DFA, it is uncertain on what month i will be able to receive it. Am i allowed to use my old passport for my application and what target date of travel should i write on my application? My passport is still valid for 6 months if i apply next month. I do not want to miss my application but i do not want to risk getting refused for visa just bec of my passport. Will it be possible to include my letter of appointment for passport and explain? I am still holding the green passport, not the machine readable passports being released now. I hope that will not be a problem too.

I really do need to apply for this visa next month as my husband is sick and plus the fact that i dont want my TOEIC results be invalid on the 18th of July. The travel and the fee itself is expensive :yikes: besides i might not have the brain to get high score anymore LOL

Should i go on with my application despite that my passport is valid exactly what the embassy requires?:Help1::Help1::Help1:

Ladybug_sim
26th May 2011, 14:19
Hi! myliitlehaven07, just have a read on your post here.. we have same passport to use too coz mine will expire this coming March, 2012. Still holding the green one.

As what I know we need to have a seminar to the CFO before having an appointment to the DFA so we can change it to the new one especially if we change our family name. For now , I dont have enough time to do so as long as the pass port still reach or valid for six months i think we dont have problem. Just we need to renew before it will expire and i think we can do it when we are there mean to the UK.. I dont want to think this matter coz it is a bit stressful when I think the result of the exam we have will expire this coming July :NoNo:

Well, good luck soon for the application .. don't worry much always think positive :xxgrinning--00xx3:

kate_th
26th May 2011, 15:51
hello!!!:yikes::yikes: i wanted to renew my passport too , coz i want to use my husbands family name but its so impossible..... since the nso authenticated mc will arrive for 30 working days .. no chance of getting my family name change... and since my passport will expire 2014, and if i can renew my passport this june, i still cant apply for visa coz the validity of the passport only allow at least 6 months ... so again no chance...:NoNo::NoNo:... so at this time, what will i do will be ... i will used my old passport , i will use it for the visa application.. .then let the london embassy change it.. and transfer the valid visa to the new pport...

And because your passport is it valid for 6 months ... u can either apply fo visit visa which is at least 6 months and had ur passport renewed here or another remedy would be, for settlement visa, once u arrive in uk, go to london embassy to have your passport change but but but before you go there, you must go to the nearest home office and tell them that ur passport is gonna expire soon but u still have a valid visa.. ask them if theres any way they can transfer the valid visa to your new passport once u have it..

and because you need timeline..
hope this will help..
june- u will apply a visa
let us say 10 working days is the result
june 15 - u will go to uk...
june 20- go to home office ask if what they can do to your valid visa
and if they say they will transfer ur valid visa
june 21- go to the london embassy and have it renew there.. let them know that it a very very important.. u really really need to have it renewed so they can work fassssssssttt.... lol
if the passport will arrive 2-3 months, then go to home office again and let them do the work of transferring the valid visa etc..
then make sure u have nbi , ids with u in uk.. etc.. and the cfo thingy..
but dont be worry, God is good.. dont let a thing ruin ur focus.. okidokie?

hope that would help... and hope ur husband will be fine too...
i will be applying for visa this coming june too if i can pass the english test at the :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:end of march..

myliitlehaven07
26th May 2011, 23:44
thanks very much and kate!! love you girls!!!:xxgrinning--00xx3: i was thinking of getting the renewal right after my application for visa and would explain this to embassy if i can. With all the passport delays going on in DFA ( its taking AGGGGEEESSS:omg:) I DONT think ill be able to get it even before i will leave for UK ( if bless with visa) i am living near clark so i went to sattelite office the appointment system takes MONTHS before you get it and another MOOOONNNTTHHHS for it to be released!! they will need first to releasedddd those who been processedddd MMMMOOONNHTTTHHHHS agggooo.......:xxaction-smiley-047

with regards to CFO i already had ammended my passport a month after we got married so i have no problem in there...:D

kate, am sure you will pass it...ITS EASSSSYYYY :D just dont fall asleep doing the listening and reading test ( i did !!:doh i was so knackered!!) the speaking part is FUN!!! but dont expect that you will be given a booth of your own when you get there!! IT WILL BE LIKE A CALL CENTER where in you will be hearing your seat mate answering ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!! just focus!!!:icon_lol:

kate_th
27th May 2011, 01:39
thank you myliitlehaven07....
i will be having my exam at theodolite in cebu...this march 30. yah hope i wont fall asleep since i my slepping hours is 2 hours... i might be sacked by my husband if i cant pass the test...and no chicken tikka massala for me... hhahaaa :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

myliitlehaven07
27th May 2011, 05:31
ooohhhhh tikka masala!!!now that made me drooolllll YUM!!YUM!!!

kate_th
4th June 2011, 18:39
haahaaha... yum yum indeed.... yipeeeee i pass the english examm...weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...:Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump:

myliitlehaven07
5th June 2011, 00:16
congrats kate! am sure anyone taking the test will pass :):icon_lol: just a :NoNo: to fall asleep....

share me your TIKKA MASALA pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee:Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump: